PDA

View Full Version : Time for Palemaster to get an enhancement pass

sephiroth1084
07-30-2018, 02:21 AM
My wizard is, and will always be, a PM, but that doesn't mean that I'm entirely happy with the tree.

There are a few things that could use some attention:

Too many enhancements in the tree cost 2 AP. It makes leveling kind of annoying, and makes decisions about how to spend AP in other trees obnoxious--most of what we're buying elsewhere costs 1 AP, so nothing trades 1:1 with ranks in PM. It also means that I'm basically always wasting 1 AP on Necrotic Touch in order to get to 40 spent to unlock capstone.
Necrotic Touch/Bolt/Blast need a lot of love. Right now, it's absolutely not worth spending 9 AP on (or 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 or the 1 I always spend to get 40 AP for capstone).
Cloak of Night is garbage--you almost never want to reduce your incoming negative energy as a PM, and it's too high in the tree for a wizard who doesn't intend to be undead to pick it up for defensive value. Either replace this with something else, or change its functionality so the defensive benefit isn't attached to penalizing your self-healing.
Animate Ally, while cute, isn't worth spending AP on for anyone but a 1st-life, no gear wizard who didn't know to spend skill points on UMD for Raise Dead scrolls. Replace this with a relevant tier 5.
Add a 5th tier 5 ability...it's looking kind of empty up there! Characters take only Necromantic Focus and Improved Shrouding. Most players are having to weigh which tier 5s they can afford to invest in fully in order to still have AP left over for other trees...not PMs, though.
Zombie form's -20% attack speed is overly harsh. I'm pretty sure most players avoid Palemaster until level 6, when they get access to Vampire form, because zombie is so bad (-1 to your DCs, -20% attack speed).
Basically, when I look at the tree, I see (in columns from left to right): useless | tier 1&2 | need to spend AP so I'm going to invest here | useless/2 AP for lever-puller for a couple quests/companion for other people who use that stuff (I'm not begrudging that crowd) | stuff I actually want to take.

I'm at a loss for the moment on what to add...suggestions from the forum's undead denizens?

Requiro
07-30-2018, 07:20 AM
My wizard is, and will always be, a PM, but that doesn't mean that I'm entirely happy with the tree.

There are a few things that could use some attention:

Too many enhancements in the tree cost 2 AP. It makes leveling kind of annoying, and makes decisions about how to spend AP in other trees obnoxious--most of what we're buying elsewhere costs 1 AP, so nothing trades 1:1 with ranks in PM. It also means that I'm basically always wasting 1 AP on Necrotic Touch in order to get to 40 spent to unlock capstone.
Necrotic Touch/Bolt/Blast need a lot of love. Right now, it's absolutely not worth spending 9 AP on (or 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 or the 1 I always spend to get 40 AP for capstone).
Cloak of Night is garbage--you almost never want to reduce your incoming negative energy as a PM, and it's too high in the tree for a wizard who doesn't intend to be undead to pick it up for defensive value. Either replace this with something else, or change its functionality so the defensive benefit isn't attached to penalizing your self-healing.
Animate Ally, while cute, isn't worth spending AP on for anyone but a 1st-life, no gear wizard who didn't know to spend skill points on UMD for Raise Dead scrolls. Replace this with a relevant tier 5.
Add a 5th tier 5 ability...it's looking kind of empty up there! Characters take only Necromantic Focus and Improved Shrouding. Most players are having to weigh which tier 5s they can afford to invest in fully in order to still have AP left over for other trees...not PMs, though.
Zombie form's -20% attack speed is overly harsh. I'm pretty sure most players avoid Palemaster until level 6, when they get access to Vampire form, because zombie is so bad (-1 to your DCs, -20% attack speed).
Basically, when I look at the tree, I see (in columns from left to right): useless | tier 1&2 | need to spend AP so I'm going to invest here | useless/2 AP for lever-puller for a couple quests/companion for other people who use that stuff (I'm not begrudging that crowd) | stuff I actually want to take.

I'm at a loss for the moment on what to add...suggestions from the forum's undead denizens?

Sure (I know that this ideas could be somewhere OP)

IMO: All Cores with Shroud should have passive elements. Also I put some improvements to other Cores:

My ideas:

Core 1: Additional +1 stacking Negative Healing Amplification per Core level.
Core 3: Diehard feat
Core 6: Deathblock while in any Shroud form
Core 12: You are under permanent Lesser Death Aura spell while in any Shroud form.
Core 18: You are under permanent Death Ward spell while in any Shroud form.
Core 20: +4 Intelligence, +15 additional stacking Negative Healing Amplification (total +20 with all cores), All Shroud cost 25 SP less (yes it’s mean Zombie is for free), and Active: Once per rest, You can raise yourself as a Cursed Wraith. After 30 second death will reclaim you. Useable only while dead (Effect like from Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers but with shorter duration)

For the Necrotic line, I will suggest combine it with other abilities. Something like this:

Necrotic Touch / Necrotic bolt / Necrotic Blast line:

Tier 1: Remove Necrotic Touch, and put here Skeletal Knight (1 AP, 3 ranks)
Tier 2: Combine here Necrotic Bolt and Corpsecrafter (1 AP, 3 ranks)
Tier 3: Combine here Eternal Servitude and Cloak of Night (1 AP, 3 ranks)
Tier 4: Combine here Dark Furor and Animate Ally (1 AP, 3 ranks) – Animate ally (5/4/3 minutes)
Tier 5: Necrotic Blast (5 second) and your Skeletal Knight gains Lesser Displacement ability (2 AP)

And about the rest of the tree I will suggest some strait improvements, and additional SL-a:

Tier 1:

Deathless Vigor: 2%/4/%/6% more HP instead of flat 10/20/30 HP (1 AP, 3 ranks)
Undead Focus: +1/2/3 Spellcraft, Concentration and Negative Energy Spell Power (Rank 3 gain additional 10 HP) (1 AP, 3 ranks)

Tier 2:

SL-a Death Aura spell (2 AP)

Tier 3:

Improved Bone Armor – same as from Tier 2 (1 AP, 3 ranks)

Tier 4:

SL-a Negative Energy Burst (2 AP)
Necrotic improvements: 60/80/100 bonus to damage from Spell power on all Necrotic abilities (instead of 50) (1 AP, 3 ranks)

Tier 5:

Necromantic Focus: +2 caster level / +2 maximum caster level / +1 DC to all your Necromancy and Necrotic spell and abilities. (1 AP, 3 ranks)
SL-a Finger of Death (2 AP)
SL-a Control Undead (1 AP)

AP in Tree:
Tier 1: 14 AP
Tier 2: 16 AP
Tier 3: 10 AP
Tier 4: 12 AP
Tier 5: 10 AP
Total Tree AP (all Tiers + Cores) = 68 AP

Cantor
07-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Core 3: Diehard feat

Would have to make undead not crumble for this to matter.

Core 12. Would depend on how it actually works. do they crit? I assume they would be toggle: is spellpower/crit set when activated?

Core 6/18. Um deathblock and deathward? what? Undead already get deathblock, and deathward would stop all healing.

The negative healing SLAs you suggest would be amazing to have.

FoD SLA would be too OP. Yes warlock gets it, but they also don't have 8 other insta kills.

Kaboom2112
07-30-2018, 08:03 AM
FoD SLA would be too OP. Yes warlock gets it, but they also don't have 8 other insta kills.

Nonsense, Clerics get it and it's not for them.

FoD SLA is essential for the PM pass,

Requiro
07-30-2018, 08:15 AM
Would have to make undead not crumble for this to matter.

Core 12. Would depend on how it actually works. do they crit? I assume they would be toggle: is spellpower/crit set when activated?

Core 6/18. Um deathblock and deathward? what? Undead already get deathblock, and deathward would stop all healing.

The negative healing SLAs you suggest would be amazing to have.

Diehard feat is more for flavor. You, as the PM, should know how not die easily.

Deathblock is not part of the undead trait. Right now you gain it on level 20 PM Capstone - so this will be more in pair with current gear overhaul (on level 6)

This Deathward spell will be unique, with some adjustment to allow PM be healed by Negative Energy. And problem solved ;)

Lesser Death Aura will work the same as normal spell (remember it is Level 2, Lesser version) with critical and spell powers adjustments.

If FoD will be OP (but IMO it will be quite balanced - you already gain access to it, that version will be just cheaper) then Necrotic Ray as a SL-a.

sephiroth1084
07-30-2018, 10:06 AM
While in undead form you essential have Deathblock. There's nothing I can think of that Death Ward provides that you aren't already getting while in undead form. Die Hard doesn't work while in undead form.

Definitely do not want permanent Lesser Death Aura--sometimes you don't want that active.

I think they could definitely use Negative Energy Burst as an SLA (if only to free up a level 4 spell slot), and could probably use Necrotic Ray as an SLA. Finger of Death...it would fit, but I don't know if they need it, but I would certainly be happy with a FoD SLA.

The NEB SLA would be tier 4 (comes a level earlier than the actual spell if all your AP has gone into PM), and either Necrotic Ray or Finger of Death tier 5.

If the devs wanted to keep the Necrotic Touch/Bolt/Blast line, I would change them to be 1 SP each, with the shortest of the current cooldowns, have them be affected by metamagics and/or 100% or 150% spellpower. They need to fire fast and at a reasonable amount of damage to be worthwhile. If they are concerned about being overpowered in heroics, keep in mind that spellpower is capped as a function of loot, and we already have warlocks with totally free damage spell effects (that are also AoE).

They don't need an additional +2 Int on the capstone, and there's no need to reduce the SP cost of the forms--you enter them once, in a tavern, regen your SP, and never bother with it again.

I like the idea of increasing negative healing amp a little more in the tree, but I would probably want to change it to just a +5 or +10 on Core 2 (you get Zombie form and some amp).

Remove the attack speed penalty from Zombie shroud, maybe give it some PRR (10?) in its base form, and have Improved Shrouding also grant an additional +2 Str--make this not just the "we wanted to give Palemasters access to the idea of being undead before level 6" form, but also the form for wizards who are really keen on meleeing or tanking (and don't care about the better attack riders on the other shrouds). You're already diving into an ability that penalizes your spellcasting, with a poor BAB, and immunity to the only outside healing you're likely to see at that level, while also short enough on spellpoints that it's unlikely you can keep Lesser Death Aura up for a whole quest and no access to a bigger self-heal for emergencies for 4 more levels) it really doesn't need to stack penalties on top.

Vampire could use something better on Improved Shrouding than +2 Dex. Maybe another +2 to Enchantment DCs so it can stay ahead of Lich form on those?

Wraith could also use a bonus on Hide (maybe +10 vs the +20 to Move Silently). Maybe grant this Hide In Plain Sight on Improved Shrouding as well--this should be your stealthy undead form for those builds who go into that (particularly the 18/2 rogue splashes who like stealth play).

Maybe a tier 4 ability makes Extend free/automatic on your Death Aura spells? I prefer free to automatic, since sometimes you don't want it Extended (though rarely).

Cloak of Night could work like Protection from Energy, but for Light damage, and leave it at that. Absorbs the next 12 damage/caster level (character level?). Functions like an SLA (can be Quickened--no others would apply, unless it would be usable on others).

The first Skeletal Knight enhancement doesn't need to cost 2/4/6 AP--pets are pretty weak in DDO to begin with (although this guy can be effective for a while). It could just be a straight 2 AP for a single rank that has the full effect of the current 3 ranks, or 1/2/3 AP if you want to keep the multiple ranks.

sephiroth1084
07-30-2018, 10:09 AM
Deathblock is not part of the undead trait. Right now you gain it on level 20 PM Capstone - so this will be more in pair with current gear overhaul (on level 6)

Deathblock is currently part of the undead forms--you're undead, and undead are immune to death effects and negative levels.

The capstone grants Deathblock when you're not in undead form. Seems like pointless text to me, but it's not hurting anything so it can stay as is as far as I'm concerned.

Requiro
07-31-2018, 04:10 AM
Deathblock is currently part of the undead forms--you're undead, and undead are immune to death effects and negative levels.

The capstone grants Deathblock when you're not in undead form. Seems like pointless text to me, but it's not hurting anything so it can stay as is as far as I'm concerned.

I play PM looong time ago. And I always wore deathblock item. You tell me that it was waste of slot? Damn it.

After second tought, you right about some stuff that I proposed. To be honest I only interest in Lich Shroud. I don’t have any idea how balance other Shrouds. I always threat other than Lich as waste of Core abilities. But let’s look at it:

Zombie – 20% slower attack are flavor. Zombies was always slow. I don’t think that Zombie supposed to be melee oriented Shroud. More like resilient Shroud that can live longer on low levels Wizards (more HP, DR). So IMO Zombie should be buff on: Base 5 PRR, Additional +2 Str (in cost of -4 Wisdom). Improved Shrouding is a waste of time (on level 12 you will not play Zombie anymore), but it could lower penalty to 10% slower attack. But, that’s it.

Vampire – This Shroud needs some love. Base form should gain Invisibility Guard from Cloak of Night ability. I agree that Improved Shrouding should give more: +1 (or +2) to Enchantment DCs and 35% less threat form spell and attacks. Additional something unique - Reduce HP cost on Necrotic line.

Wraith – I always want on Wraith faster movement – like 10% (racial bonus). So this should be on base Shroud. Hide bonus as you suggest should be also for Flavor. Hide in Plain Sight is nice flavor. But IMO they should add also 2% dodge and Invisibility Guard (but without bat visual part) on Improved Shrouding.

Nevertheless for me other than Lich Shroud are not so important than other stuff in Tree.

Some second thought changes (another ideas, that Devs probably never read anyway):
I still think that all Cores with Shroud should have passive elements. My new ideas:

My ideas:

Core 1: Additional +2 stacking Negative Healing Amplification per Core level.
Core 3: Diehard feat (as a flavor)
Core 6: Inflict Moderate Wounds is added to you Knows Wizard Spells at level 3 (targetable yourself)
Core 12: 20% Negative Spell Critical Damage
Core 18: Harm is added to your Knows Wizard Spells at level 5 (targetable yourself)
Core 20: +4 Intelligence, +10 additional stacking Negative Healing Amplification (total +20 with all cores), All Shroud cost 25 SP less (sometimes you want change Shroud in quest), and Active: Once per rest, You can raise yourself as a Cursed Wraith. After 30 second death will reclaim you. Useable only while dead (Effect like from Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers but with shorter duration)

Rest remain the same. Especially new combined Necrotic line and Spell Like Abilities.

sephiroth1084
07-31-2018, 02:36 PM
I play PM looong time ago. And I always wore deathblock item. You tell me that it was waste of slot? Damn it. Yup.

After second tought, you right about some stuff that I proposed. To be honest I only interest in Lich Shroud. I don’t have any idea how balance other Shrouds. I always threat other than Lich as waste of Core abilities. But let’s look at it:

Zombie – 20% slower attack are flavor. Zombies was always slow. I don’t think that Zombie supposed to be melee oriented Shroud. More like resilient Shroud that can live longer on low levels Wizards (more HP, DR). So IMO Zombie should be buff on: Base 5 PRR, Additional +2 Str (in cost of -4 Wisdom). Improved Shrouding is a waste of time (on level 12 you will not play Zombie anymore), but it could lower penalty to 10% slower attack. But, that’s it.
I agree that Zombie is for low level survivability and access to undead healing early in the tree, but I still think it doesn't need to carry such a large penalty, since one of the issues for low level wizards is staying power from shrine to shrine, and a lot of players are going to end up meleeing a bit. I also doubt anyone is in zombie form at level 12+, but for those who chose to be, there should be some benefits. Additional PRR and reducing the attack speed penalty would make sense. Increasing Str is pointless if also nerfing attack speed.

Vampire – This Shroud needs some love. Base form should gain Invisibility Guard from Cloak of Night ability. I agree that Improved Shrouding should give more: +1 (or +2) to Enchantment DCs and 35% less threat form spell and attacks. Additional something unique - Reduce HP cost on Necrotic line.
Invisibility Guard would be cool, and flavorful, but with how invisibility and aggro works currently, it would often be strictly detrimental to have it. The extra threat reduction would make sense alongside the increased Enchantment DCs.

Wraith – I always want on Wraith faster movement – like 10% (racial bonus). So this should be on base Shroud. Hide bonus as you suggest should be also for Flavor. Hide in Plain Sight is nice flavor. But IMO they should add also 2% dodge and Invisibility Guard (but without bat visual part) on Improved Shrouding.
Faster movement would fit really well here.

Nevertheless for me other than Lich Shroud are not so important than other stuff in Tree.

Some second thought changes (another ideas, that Devs probably never read anyway):
I still think that all Cores with Shroud should have passive elements. My new ideas:

My ideas:

Core 6: Inflict Moderate Wounds is added to you Knows Wizard Spells at level 3 (targetable yourself)
Core 18: Harm is added to your Knows Wizard Spells at level 5 (targetable yourself)
Core 20: +4 Intelligence, +10 additional stacking Negative Healing Amplification (total +20 with all cores), All Shroud cost 25 SP less (sometimes you want change Shroud in quest), and Active: Once per rest, You can raise yourself as a Cursed Wraith. After 30 second death will reclaim you. Useable only while dead (Effect like from Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers but with shorter duration)

Rest remain the same. Especially new combined Necrotic line and Spell Like Abilities.
I like the Core 1 stacking negative hamp per core.

Die Hard is pointless, since you die at anything under 0 HP when in undead form.

Crit damage % on Negative energy is nice, and hard to come by, so it fits here.

I can't believe I didn't think to add Inflict spells as an update! I love adding IMW and Harm, but Harm would be a level 6 spell at least.

Still don't believe the wizard capstone needs to go from +2 Int to +4. As for swapping shrouds, you already stated that you disregard anything besides lich anyway. I can hardly imagine an instance where anyone would swap shrouds mid-quest, let alone do so enough that the SP cost becomes a factor. I guess reducing it doesn't matter either way, so may as well reduce it, but it seems pointless to me.

I like the innate Jibbers ability.

EllisDee37
07-31-2018, 02:48 PM
Zombie – 20% slower attack are flavor. Zombies was always slow. I don’t think that Zombie supposed to be melee oriented Shroud. More like resilient Shroud that can live longer on low levels Wizards (more HP, DR). So IMO Zombie should be buff on: Base 5 PRR, Additional +2 Str (in cost of -4 Wisdom). Improved Shrouding is a waste of time (on level 12 you will not play Zombie anymore), but it could lower penalty to 10% slower attack. But, that’s it. Not everything is about pure builds, though. A 15/5 where the /5 is a wizard might want undead form and can only take zombie form. Now, I grant you that such a build is highly unlikely to want to take their tier 5 as pale master, but it's possible.

For that reason, Improved Shrouding: Zombie should remove the attack speed penalty. Let a 15/5 have some fun.

sephiroth1084
07-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Not everything is about pure builds, though. A 15/5 where the /5 is a wizard might want undead form and can only take zombie form. Now, I grant you that such a build is highly unlikely to want to take their tier 5 as pale master, but it's possible.

For that reason, Improved Shrouding: Zombie should remove the attack speed penalty. Let a 15/5 have some fun.
Right.

Vulkoorex
08-01-2018, 12:04 AM
When using Jibbers Blade, it restores you back to Shroud form (sorta like a spirit cake and no timer).

edrein
08-03-2018, 12:25 PM
I play PM looong time ago. And I always wore deathblock item. You tell me that it was waste of slot? Damn it.

My ideas:

Zombie is fine to keep the attack penalty; but given the changes to handwraps becoming an actual weapon type. Zombie should either give handwrap proficiency while toggled or provide a flat +1W boost. This keeps the trade off in attack speed but gives an universal usage at low levels while in zombie form, and for reason to use it later. Let improve shrouding remove the awful attack speed penalty. Or remove it all together, I'm fine with either.

Vampire: The lifesteal should be moved out of improved shrouding. It should instead be a base feature at a value of say 2d2 with spellpower scaling. (Value based on the fact the current vampire shroud cannot lifesteal in Reaper. This is due to the base value being 1, which due to reaper reductions always results in a 0.) The level drain can either stay on the basic form or be added to improved shrouding. Improved Shrouding should add an ability similar to Eldritch Knight's Arcane Barrier, however it should cast Dark Incorporation on the vampire. This mimics all of the vampire NPCs in the game; bash them to 50% or lower and they usually pull the bat cloud disappear move.

Wraith is honestly the best form arguably as far as the original pass is concerned and I don't personally think it needs many changes.

Lich would be nice if improved shrouding gave us the Glove of Invulnerability effect lich NPCs have.

That being said; I overall like a lot of the ideas presented in this thread. But I should warn you to temper your hopes and expectations. The devs seemingly don't want to discuss undead at all at the moment for some reason.

ned_ellis
08-07-2018, 03:02 AM
Just for fun thought I'd give the tree pass a - highly approximated! - go :

Core abilities
Dark Reaping: For each point spent in this tree you gain +0.75 Universal Spell Power and +0.75 Negative Energy Spell Power (for a total of 1.5 Negative Energy Spell Power per point spent). AND 1% NEG HEAL AMP PER CORE (TO 5%)
AP Cost: 1
Ranks: 1 Progression: 0 Requires: Wizard Level 1

Shroud of the Zombie: Shroud Toggle: You shroud yourself with negative energy and assume many of the traits of a zombie. (Activation Cost: 25 Spell Points. Cooldown: 30 seconds)
While in this form, you hunger for brains and gain +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma, and Damage Reduction 5/Slashing. CHANGE TO NEW BARBARIAN DR SYSTEM FOR SCALING
Your unarmed damage is increased by 1[W], but you attack 20% slower than normal.
Unlisted: On Critical Melee Hit: 1d6 Intelligence damage CHANGE TO CON DMG
You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by negative energy, and are unaffected by positive energy or repair effects, but take double damage from light effects.
+1 FORT SAVE PER CORE WHILST IN ZOMBIE FORM; IF REDUCED TO 0HP MAKE FORT SAVE TO NOT DIE AND STAY AT ONE HP
You are considered undead rather than your original type for the purpose of most effects.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 Requires: Dark Reaping, Wizard Level 3

Shroud of the Vampire: Shroud Toggle: You shroud yourself with negative energy and assume many of the traits of a vampire. (Activation Cost: 50 Spell Points. Cooldown: 30 seconds)
While in this form, you gain +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, +2 to the DC's of your Enchantment spells, and generate 25% less threat from spells and attacks.
On Vorpal Melee Hit: Your attack causes Energy Drain, inflicting 1 Negative Level on your victim.
DARK DISCORPORATION TRIGGERS WHEN AT 20% HP WHILST IN VAMPIRE FORM (ON TIMER) AND IS ADDED TO SPELLBOOK REGARDLESS OF FORM
You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by negative energy, and are unaffected by positive energy or repair effects, but take triple damage from light effects.
You are considered undead rather than your original type for the purpose of most effects.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 Requires: Shroud of the Zombie, Wizard Level 6

Shroud of the Wraith: Shroud Toggle: You shroud yourself with negative energy and assume many of the traits of a wraith. (Activation Cost: 75 Spell Points. Cooldown: 30 seconds)
While in this form, enemy attacks have a 25% chance to miss you due to your incorporeality, you float as if affected by featherfall, have a +20 bonus to the Move Silently, HIDE and Balance skills, you can breath indefinitely underwater, and your attacks function as if they had Ghost Touch.
On Critical Melee Hit: Your attack deals 1d6 Constitution damage to the victim.
SHADOW PHASE OR SHADOW JAUNT TYPE ABILITY IN WRAITH FORM.
You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by negative energy, and are unaffected by positive energy or repair effects, but take double damage from light effects.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Shroud of the Vampire, Wizard Level 12

Shroud of the Lich: Shroud Toggle: You shroud yourself with negative energy and assume many of the traits of a lich. (Activation Cost: 100 Spell Points. Cooldown: 30 seconds)
While in this form, you gain +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, +1 to DCs of your Necromancy spells, and occasionally gain temporary hit points when damaged. DOES THIS ACTUALLY WORK?!
On Melee Hit: Your attack inflicts 2-9 points of Negative Energy damage to a living target. GHOUL TOUCH SLA IN LICH FORM.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 30 Requires: Shroud of the Wraith, Wizard Level 18

Master of Death: You gain +2 intelligence, +2 CON +10 Negative Healing Amplification. (FOR TOTAL 15% NEG HEAL AMP), ALL SHROUD COSTS ARE HALVED AND EITHER DIEHARD FEAT (IF MADE TO WORK WITH UNDEAD) OR +1 NECRO DC.
THIS COULD ALTERNATIVELY INCLUDE NEGATIVE SPELL CRIT MULTIPLIER BUT HAVE NO IDEA SINCE IF YOU’RE NOT A WARLOCK (WARLOCKS NEED THE HELP?!) THERE ISN’T ANY
Ranks: 1 Progression: 40 Requires: Shroud of the Lich, Wizard Level 20

Tier One
Requires Dark Reaping, Wizard level 1
Necrotic Touch: Spell Like Ability: Necrotic Touch (Activation Cost: 2 Hit Points. Cooldown: 12/8/4 seconds.) NOTE 1
Ranks: 3 Progression: 1 No requirements
Deathless Vigor: The power of undeath has toughened your flesh, providing you with an additional +10/+20/+30 Hit Points. OK.
AP Cost: 2
Spell Critical: Negative Energy I: Your Negative Energy damage spells have an additional 2% chance to critically hit. OK.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 1 No requirements
Skeletal Knight: Summon the reanimated body of an ancient knight to do your bidding once per rest. (Activation Cost: 10 Hit Points and 10 Spell Points. Cooldown: 5 minutes.)
The Skeletal Knight is a very strong Fighter with a level equal to your current Wizard level plus any Epic levels. You can summon it in addition to any Summon Monster spell you might be using.
Note: The Skeletal Knight considered to be wearing heavy armor for calculating PRR and has an innate DR 5/-. It is also considered to be wielding an metaline bastard sword which is affected by artificer weapon infusions. NOTE 2
Negative Energy Conduit: Your vulnerability to Negative Energy is increased by 6% / 12% / 20%. This increases the amount by which you are healed from Negative Energy while you have a Shroud toggle active. OK.
Tier Two
Requires Wizard Level 2, 5 APs spent on tree
Efficient Metamagic: Choose one of the following Metamagic feats. Reduce the spell point cost of using that Metamagic.
• Efficient Empower: Using the Empower Spell Metamagic costs you 2/4/6 fewer Spell Points.
• Efficient Enlarge: Using the Enlarge Spell Metamagic costs you 1/2/4 fewer Spell Points.
• Efficient Maximize: Using the Maximize Spell Metamagic costs you 3/6/9 fewer Spell Points.
• Efficient Quicken: Using the Quicken Spell Metamagic costs you 1/2/4 fewer Spell Points. OK.
Ranks: 3 Progression: 5 No requirements
Spell Critical: Negative Energy II: Your Negative Energy damage spells have an additional 2% chance to critically hit. OK.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 Requires: Spell Critical: Negative Energy I
Corpsecrafter: Your Skeletal Knight gains a +2/+4/+6 Profane Bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution NOTE 2
Ranks: 3 Progression: 5 Requires: Skeletal Knight
Bone Armor: While under the effect of Shroud of the Zombie, Vampire, or Lich, you gain 3/6/10 Physical Resistance. While under the effect of Shroud of the Wraith, you gain 1%/2%/3% Dodge. OK.
Ranks: 3 Progression: 5 No requirements
Tier Three
Requires Wizard Level 3, 10 APs spent on tree
Necrotic Bolt: Spell Like Ability: Necrotic Bolt (Activation Cost: 5 Hit Points. Cooldown: 15/10/5 seconds.) NOTE 1
Ranks: 3 Progression: 10 Requires: Necrotic Touch
Cloak of Night: Toggle: While active, Cloak of Night reduces the effectiveness of Positive Energy, Negative Energy, Repair, and Light damage on you by 20%/35%/50%. (Activation Cost: 25 Spell Points. Cooldown: 1 second.) REWORK TO ABSORB ONLY POSITIVE AND LIGHT DMG BY 10/20/35% WHILST ACTIVE
Ranks: 3 Progression: 10 No requirements
Spell Critical: Negative Energy III: Your Negative Energy damage spells have an additional 2% chance to critically hit. OK.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 Requires: Spell Critical: Negative Energy II
Eternal Servitude: Your Skeletal Knight gains +2/+4/+6 Profane Bonus to AC, and a +5/+10/+15 Profane Bonus to Physical Resistance. NOTE 2
Ranks: 3 Progression: 10 Requires: Corpsecrafter
Constitution or Intelligence: Choose one:
• +1 Constitution
• +1 Intelligence OK.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 No requirements
Tier Four
Requires Wizard Level 4, 20 APs spent on tree
Spell Critical: Negative Energy IV: Your Negative Energy damage spells have an additional 2% chance to critically hit. OK.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Spell Critical: Negative Energy III
Dark Furor: Your Skeletal Knight gains 15%/30%/45% Doublestrike, and its attacks bypass 5%/10%/15% of enemy Fortification. NOTE 2
Ranks: 3 Progression: 20 Requires: Eternal Servitude
NEW! SLA – HARM (PROBABLY OP FOR T4 SO COULD CHANGE TO INFLICT CRITICAL) NOTE 1
NEW! SPELL PENETRATION +1/2/3
Constitution or Intelligence: Choose one:
• +1 Constitution
• +1 Intelligence OK.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Constitution or Intelligence (Tier 3)
Tier Five
Requires Wizard Level 5, Character Level 12, 30 APs spent in tree
Necrotic Blast: Spell Like Ability: Necrotic Blast. (Activation Cost: 10 Hit Points. Cooldown: 18/12/6 seconds.) NOTE 1
Ranks: 3 Progression: 30 Requires: Necrotic Bolt
Animate Ally: Activate to Animate a dead ally, restoring 100% of the target's hit points. (Cooldown: 5 minutes. LOWER TO 1 MIN. Metamagic: Quicken, Enlarge. Spell Resistance: No)
Your ally is considered an undead zombie (gaining the benefits and drawbacks of Shroud of the Zombie) and will rot for increasing damage over time until death reclaims it.
Ranks: 1 Progression: 30 No requirements
Necromantic Focus: You benefit from dark knowledge, granting you a +1 DC, +1 CASTER LVL AND +1 MAX CASTER LVL to spells from the Necromancy school.
NEW! EXTEND METAMAGIC FOR FREE AS HARPER 2AP
Improved Shrouding: Your Undead Shrouds gain the following additional benefits:
• While in Shroud of the Juju Zombie, you gain +2 Constitution, 15 Physical Resistance Rating, and your Damage Reduction increases to 10/Slashing. CHANGE TO NEW BARBARIAN DR SYSTEM FOR SCALING AND ATTACK SPEED REDUCED BY 10% AND WEAPON DIE INCREASE ALSO APPLIED TO MELEE WEAPONS
• While in Shroud of the Master Vampire, you gain +2 Dexterity, your vulnerability to Light damage is reduced to 200% (from 300%), and your melee and unarmed attacks heal you for 1 point of Negative Energy damage (Cloak of Night negates healing). ADD PERMA-INVISIBILITY GUARD.
• While in Shroud of the Dread Wraith, you gain +2 Dexterity and your Incorporeal Miss Chance increases from 25% to 35%. ADD PERMA-HASTE GUARD
• While in Shroud of the Archlich, you gain an additional +2 Intelligence and +10 to Negative Energy Spellpower. ADD PHYLACTERY – NEW ABILITY : IF YOU HAVE ANIMATE ALLY NOT ON COOLDOWN, IT WORKS ON YOU UPON DEATH (SIMILAR TO DEATH PACT CLERIC SPELL)

NOTE 1 : If maintaining these sla’s, treat them as sla’s! can keep hp cost but allow for 100% spell power and free metamagics. Also, they should all work on (undead) allies.
If not, replace with something like of T1 – Disrupt Undead, T3 – Fear, T5 – necrotic ray or undeath to death or harm.

NOTE 2 : The skeletal warrior line could be maintained but im not sure how much use it gets. This can go one of two ways imo : 1 – scale it to work similar to druid or arti pet or 2 – replace entirely past tier 1.
In the second case, I would go the ‘command undead’ route with something like : T1 – skeletal knight. T2 – undead receive a debuff when in range (eg. Aura of Menace type thing). T3 – decrease threat generation from enemy undeads 100% (they sense you are one of them). T4 – new spell as sla : Command Undead, Mass.

The main focus points of an arcane/pm pass should however be, imo, related to spell book (scaling, choice, etc.), meaningful debuffing and EK/3rd tree re-work.