PDA

View Full Version : Quick TR questions

bringjoy
07-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Came back to game 2 weeks ago and have decided to racial TR my main. After perusing forums it seems racial TR had bug issues so:

1. Has racial TRing bug been fixed?

2. Do I need to empty my current TR cache before the new TR?

3. Any other TR issues, bugs I need to worry about?

Thanks for your help.

Rauven
07-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Are you referring to the bug where all of your items disappear? If so, this is related to doing an epic reincarnation immediately followed by a heroic or racial reincarnation. If I remember correctly a fix was implemented, but the way to prevent this from happening is to do your epic reincarnation then log out and back in before doing your heroic or racial reincarnation. The issue seemed to be caused by doing the two reincarnations back-to-back. I have guildies who do an epic reincarnation, log, then a heroic or racial reincarnation without any problems. I tend to wait about a day between doing them.

You have to empty your current TR cache whenever you do a heroic, racial, or iconic reincarnation. You do not have to empty your cache if doing an epic or lesser reincarnation.

None that I am aware of.

C-Dog
07-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Welcome back!

[COLOR="#66ff33"]Came back to game 2 weeks ago and have decided to racial TR my main. After perusing forums it seems racial TR had bug issues so:..
Might want to peruse these, too:

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation
o http://ddowiki.com/page/Racial_Reincarnation

Rauven (above) summed it up well - yes, it's been fixed, but b/c the bug was so punishing, some folk still take extra precautions when doing a double reincarnation from 30 back to Heroic 1.

However, if you're simply doing a RR, there are no known current problems.

Always when you "destroy" your character and are then asked to build a new one, and that's everything except lesser and epic (30 -> 20).

There are some players who have bought a Heart of Wood instead of a Heart of Blood - be aware of the diff and be careful to select the appropriate item when buying it from the NPC vendor.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Heart_of_Blood#Summary

bringjoy
07-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Thank you both for your responses. I did read the wiki first - I'd never known about racial reincarnations, not sure they existed when I left. I felt I needed to empty TR cache (having TRd many times) but I wasn't certain and couldn't find a definitive answer so I've been cleaning out all the years of junk while I waited for confirmation.

Have a wonderful day full of loot and other good things!

C-Dog
07-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Thx, np!

... I'd never known about racial reincarnations, not sure they existed when I left..]
Introduced a little over a year ago, early '17, so quite possibly not.

You may well already have it covered, but depending how long you have been gone, I'll throw this out as well, a good place to start when thinking about new builds for returning players who might have missed an update or ten:

o Build Repository (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/470423-Build-Repository?p=5759353&viewfull=1#post5759353)

Haff fun stohmin da cassul!
o7

bringjoy
07-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Thx, np!

Introduced a little over a year ago, early '17, so quite possibly not.

You may well already have it covered, but depending how long you have been gone, I'll throw this out as well, a good place to start when thinking about new builds for returning players who might have missed an update or ten:

o Build Repository (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/470423-Build-Repository?p=5759353&viewfull=1#post5759353)

Haff fun stohmin da cassul!
o7

TY C-Dog - it's funny you mention this because being a long time D&D player tabletop, I've never used other folks builds. But coming back after years and facing the casting monsters that were my former main characters with 10-15 bars open...well TRing might wipe the bars clean but I felt I needed more so I DID actually review and decide on a new build I found on the forums!

Rauven
07-08-2018, 07:21 PM
For your quickbar layout if you type the following into a chat window in game:

/ui layout save [name]
Where [name] is a name for your layout; ex: caster. That will save your layout. Then, after you TR, type:

/ui layout load [name]
Where [name] is the name you chose for your layout. That will restore your quickbar layout to what it is now. If you decide to tweak things you can always save a new layout with a different name. Even if you decide that your current layout no longer meets your needs saving it before you TR ensures you have a backup to reference.

Whitering
07-09-2018, 04:34 PM
I have TRed quite a few times, I am convinced that the lost items has to do with favour reward bank and inventory slots. As in, if you experience any lag in TRing and it generating your cache, it will delete your favour and thus the inventory tabs and bank tabs before transferring your items. Note that all of this is probably happening at the same time, so you might lose one or two items or all of the ones from those spots.

Now, that's MY theory, but I do not get those favour rewards when on the TR train, my main hasn't had those spots for years and I've not lost any items. Also, I think maybe, just maybe some people have come on here to claim they lost items, when they haven't, but I still blame that on the developers because the inventory system for the TR cache, bank and shared bank sucketh in the extreme. I have often had the, what the hell happened to X item when trying to find it in my cache, but it's always been there, it's just there's a super amount of items to scroll through and no way to sort them.