PDA

View Full Version : Astral Shards Sale

Dalris_Thane
07-05-2018, 04:43 PM
So, Astral Shards are at 20% off now.

Having tried Google, search function, clicking on Black Friday and Christmas sales, either I missed it or 20% off is as high a rebate as I've found.

Am I correct? Or did Astral Shards ever get a bigger rebate?

Why do I ask?

I do things long term. I want a personal 4000 Shard ship. At the current rate, with VIP, assuming no rebate, I'll get the DDO points in 2 years (I play slowly enough that that's not a problem... this is now my "tertiary" game).

When you're dealing with number that high (4000), even waiting for a 25% off makes a difference... BUT... if I see a 50% off... I might actually buy some shards if that's the case. Of course, different decision if the highest it's ever been is 20% period... or 25... or 30... or whatever.

So, does anyone remember / found something better than 20% off for AS?

PsychoBlonde
07-05-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't think I've seen a better one, they're in-game currency so they're probably not ever going to get a REALLY deep discount.

Dalris_Thane
07-05-2018, 04:58 PM
I don't think I've seen a better one, they're in-game currency so they're probably not ever going to get a REALLY deep discount.

Fair enough. Thank you.

I've never seen AS as drops, and the gear I get on Casual is obviously laughable (good thing I get by AS back when people ignore the terrible stuff I put on the Shards exchange), so, Monthly DDO points is pretty much going to be my only source.

Again, thanks for the information.

Aelonwy
07-05-2018, 04:59 PM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/490999-DDO-Store-Sales-October-27th-November-2nd

Well at the very least, last fall there was a 25% off sale on Astral Shards but I could not find anything higher than that going as far back as 2015. Furthermore, since the transition from Turbine to SSG we have been seeing far more 20% off sales (in general not just AS) than the 30-50% off sales of the past. If you are holding out hope for a deep discount during a major holiday on Astral Shards... *Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook Not So Good"*

unbongwah
07-05-2018, 06:53 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/DDO_Store/Sales

Sales on Astral Shards aren't that rare: 3-4 times per year. 20% is the usual discount; 25% is less common; 30% appears to be the biggest discount to date (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/494665-DDO-Store-Sales-March-9th-15th) and only happened once before, AFAICT.

So buy now at 20%; or wait an unknown number of months for an extra 5-10% off. How bad do you want that ship? :cool:

Fedora1
07-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Not sure if you ever buy ddo points, but those are on a double bonus point sale right now as well. So you can combine a ddo point sale on top of the AS sale if that's an option for you.

Niminae
07-08-2018, 12:06 AM
I've never seen AS as drops, and the gear I get on Casual is obviously laughable (good thing I get by AS back when people ignore the terrible stuff I put on the Shards exchange), so, Monthly DDO points is pretty much going to be my only source.

You can pick up a few AS in your MM. It's a good idea to go through it once a month or so and see what rewards you might have earned. After forgetting about it for a few months I've been able to pull out a few thousand Remnants and some AS.

There was once a weekly store givaway of 10 AS, but I only recall that happening the one time.

Some Market purchases come with AS.

Otto's Boxes give you the choice of a gelatinous cube or some AS, and obviously if you take the gelatinous cube for any further boxes you use on a given server you should take the AS.