PDA

View Full Version : Naming Crafted Items

Igognito
06-14-2018, 07:13 AM
Hi all,

This might be easy or might be hard... (I think it is easy; just need a text box to write a name)
I would like to be able to name the items I craft!

It doesn't need to have any game effect (and you should still be able to disjunct them).
It would only be as a flavor touch.

Cheerios

mraz
06-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Hi all,

This might be easy or might be hard... (I think it is easy; just need a text box to write a name)
I would like to be able to name the items I craft!

It doesn't need to have any game effect (and you should still be able to disjunct them).
It would only be as a flavor touch.

Cheerios...and also easier to find in your bank, inv...

+1

Selvera
06-14-2018, 02:37 PM
I've also been known to want to be able to name crafted items; or at very least add the crafter's name to it somewhere (Either by naming it "Selvera's +5 Dagger of beheading things just like in that movie" or by keeping the normal crafted name and having an extra line "Created by: Selvera" Somewhere in the info pannel for the item).

However, I suspect they would have to modify the database for items somewhat to add an extra field to make this happen, so it might not be as easy as it seems.

If it is an easy change, I'm all for it 100%!

btolson
06-14-2018, 02:52 PM
I would also like this.

And, I wish we could have more icons for most item types. All my belts, cloaks, goggles and others use the exact same icon (rings and necks are diverse, fortunately).

I know there are some icons that were formerly used for cursed lootgen, such as a black cloak. I wish we could see those icons re-enter rotation on lootgen. Or let us pick/choose from a list of (valid) icons from a crafting station/dialogue/something.

Aelonwy
06-14-2018, 07:31 PM
This was mentioned on twitchstream at least once. I don't remember Cordovan's exact response but the gist was that a dev-side/just-for-devs code existed to name/rename items but that even for them upon logging out and back in the items reverted back to their original name property.

Igognito
06-15-2018, 09:00 AM
I would also like this.

And, I wish we could have more icons for most item types. All my belts, cloaks, goggles and others use the exact same icon (rings and necks are diverse, fortunately).

I know there are some icons that were formerly used for cursed lootgen, such as a black cloak. I wish we could see those icons re-enter rotation on lootgen. Or let us pick/choose from a list of (valid) icons from a crafting station/dialogue/something.

Yes Yes Yes :-D

I would also like more icons for the lootgen items that have only 1 icon.
I have made 3 different pair of goggles and always forget which is which :-D

Well some items have names (you cant disjunct or dissolve those ones). But that is an indication that there is a naming field and that name is not generated from attributes only.
If we could enter text in the name field (even with a ritual) it would be cool!

Cheers