PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE make it so that we can turn trap parts OFF

PsychoBlonde
06-03-2018, 03:39 PM
I seriously just threw out FIVE PAGES of trap parts that were cluttering up my shared bank. FIVE PAGES of stacks of 1000 trap parts. WHERE THE HECK DO THEY ALL COME FROM?! Are they BREEDING in there?!

PLEASE make it so that I can turn "get trap parts from traps" OFF. If I want to, of course.

Annex
06-03-2018, 04:59 PM
I used to do the same thing. Trap parts, dragonshard fragments, and dragonshards all clogged my storage.

Now I liquidate all those items on the Auction House at very low prices. I figure it helps new and casual players.

Anyway, a toggle makes sense. Based on my recent experience in groups, many players prefer to leave stuff like that "in the chest".

PsychoBlonde
06-03-2018, 05:15 PM
They don't drop in chests, sadly, you get them every time you disarm a trap if you have the Trapmaking feat.

TitusOvid
06-03-2018, 05:31 PM
I used to do the same thing. Trap parts, dragonshard fragments, and dragonshards all clogged my storage.

Now I liquidate all those items on the Auction House at very low prices. I figure it helps new and casual players.

snip".

^^

Or I give them away for free. Free your inner hoarder.

Annex
06-03-2018, 05:41 PM
They don't drop in chests, sadly, you get them every time you disarm a trap if you have the Trapmaking feat.

Oh, I know. It feels like I find thousands of Trap Parts a day. I was just comparing them to "nuisance items" that drop in chests. A trap is sorta like a chest that always contains junk. :)

Annex
06-03-2018, 05:43 PM
^^

Or I give them away for free. Free your inner hoarder.

I do not have any friends and do not belong to a Guild so the Auction House must serve. I figure 50 platinum for 1,000 trap parts is almost free. :)

Vyrzain
06-03-2018, 10:34 PM

Please NO ‘toggle’!

A casual player like me NEEDS all the Trap parts I can get.

So I would like to THANK people like Annex that put these parts on the AH…. you Rock : )

PsychoBlonde
06-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Please NO ‘toggle’!

A casual player like me NEEDS all the Trap parts I can get.

So I would like to THANK people like Annex that put these parts on the AH…. you Rock : )

It's too much bother to find someone who wants them. I will merely continue throwing them out.

Wh070aa
06-04-2018, 01:57 AM
They should reduce the amount us useless parts, and reduce the inflation and increase stack sizes. Seriously. Too many types that have no uses whatsoever.

Maybe add some more kinds of traps. I would use them a lot more, If you could like do spell wards or bear traps.

cru121
06-04-2018, 02:56 AM
Trapmaking is currently a passive feat. Perhaps it should be changed into a toggle.

Rauven
06-04-2018, 07:17 AM
They should reduce the amount us useless parts, and reduce the inflation and increase stack sizes. Seriously. Too many types that have no uses whatsoever.

Maybe add some more kinds of traps. I would use them a lot more, If you could like do spell wards or bear traps.

There are only two types of trap parts that have no use: holy and unholy, and they don't drop from too many places. The problem isn't so much the elemental, alignment (other than being useless), or magical trap parts. The problem are the mechanical trap parts which drop in so much greater frequency. I haven't consolidated mine, but I know I have at least 20k mechanical trap parts (probably more) but less than 10k fire trap parts (my next most abundant).

There needs to be some additional use for mechanical parts. Make a damage trap, such as a spike trap or caltops, that only uses mechanical parts for that component. Bear traps would be a nice addition, and use, as well. Change the recipe for crafting tools to not require the weapon and just use more parts. Even doubling the amount, so 200 for +5 tools, wouldn't be too onerous since mechanical parts drop EVERYWHERE (insert GIF of Gary Oldman). Or rebalance the elemental/magical traps to use more mechanical and less elemental/magical parts. As it is right now their uses don't account for their abundance. Unless Turbine's plan, which wouldn't be surprising, was to give the thing you need the least of to you the most, and the thing you need more of the least.

Mglaxix
06-04-2018, 07:43 AM
I seriously just threw out FIVE PAGES of trap parts that were cluttering up my shared bank. FIVE PAGES of stacks of 1000 trap parts. WHERE THE HECK DO THEY ALL COME FROM?! Are they BREEDING in there?!

PLEASE make it so that I can turn "get trap parts from traps" OFF. If I want to, of course.

LOL i used to put them in a large ingredient bag and sell it on the auction house for less than the rest a nice surprise for the buyer

SirValentine
06-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Trapmaking is currently a passive feat. Perhaps it should be changed into a toggle.

A toggle would be fine. Though the only trap parts I have a "too many" problem with is Mechanical. I sometimes have to farm Magical parts, but, like others, I have to get rid of Mechanical parts.

gv1807
06-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Backing this thread SO MUCH!!!!

My favourite class is arti and have so many trap parts it's ridiculous.

Please let us turn off. PLLLEEEEAAASEEE!!!!

Happy to supply as much coffee and bacon as needed for devs if they agree.

Enoach
06-04-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm not against having a way to "opt out" of gathering parts...

However, in the meantime

1. I AH them when I get to 2.5K - 1K on the AH at a low price and they seem to sell
2. I actually make traps and use them - I realize in the "fast pace" of some styles there does not seem to be time to use them, but for the most part I find some traps and grenades useful

In my opinion I think a more straightforward solution would be to create a system where you can "sell" excess parts. It doesn't even have to be for lots of gold. It could help those who have a harder time lining their pockets.

draven1
06-06-2018, 04:17 AM
Better way is "MAKING TRAP PARTS GREAT AGAIN!"

For most of us, trap parts are USELESS, that's why they are just getting dust in inventory, bank.

By making them useful, players would USE THEM.

Bolo_Grubb
06-06-2018, 09:38 AM
It's too much bother to find someone who wants them. I will merely continue throwing them out.

also too much bother to put them on the AH for as low as possible buyout just to have to deal with what does not sell.

So I will also continue to just throw them out.

Arch-Necromancer
06-09-2018, 02:13 AM

This would be nice. But when you toggle it, it should be remembered on logout, and be in the same state on login.

And they should enable selling trap parts to vendors. Give them a price, 1 copper per piece. That would be 1 plat for 1000 pieces.

That would make it easier to get rid of them while not feeling bad for just throwing them out for nothing.