PDA

View Full Version : Missing Paths for Druid, Monk, and Warlock

Alsahir
05-20-2018, 02:53 AM
Hi all, Just coming to the game for the first time, and I went ViP. Had to log out and back in for the game to recognize i was vip, but when i try to make a warlock, druid, or monk, there are no pathways available, only option is "custom" which when i click on, nothing happens. it's not until i get down to the appearance tab that it asks me to spend points, set up feats, etc. Are there no predefined paths for these newer classes? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any insight you can give!

GeoffWatson
05-20-2018, 03:50 AM
Hi all, Just coming to the game for the first time, and I went ViP. Had to log out and back in for the game to recognize i was vip, but when i try to make a warlock, druid, or monk, there are no pathways available, only option is "custom" which when i click on, nothing happens. it's not until i get down to the appearance tab that it asks me to spend points, set up feats, etc. Are there no predefined paths for these newer classes? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any insight you can give!

They got rid of the paths for paid classes, because they all sucked and the devs couldn't be bothered working out decent paths. If you are buying classes, you are assumed to know what you are doing.

Alsahir
05-20-2018, 04:09 AM
They got rid of the paths for paid classes, because they all sucked and the devs couldn't be bothered working out decent paths. If you are buying classes, you are assumed to know what you are doing.

Ah. Well thanks for explaining that to me. Can you recommend a decent website where I can find a good feat/build suggestions?

Antheal
05-20-2018, 05:03 AM

It's almost like the devs don't actually play DDO.

Arianrhod
05-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Ah. Well thanks for explaining that to me. Can you recommend a decent website where I can find a good feat/build suggestions?

I would start with the sticky in this thread called "Utilities, planners & other useful resources". One of the links is to a "build repository" - they're grouped by class, and some are designated as better for new players. Chances are they aren't all fully up-to-date with the latest changes, but they should at least give you a starting point you can work from (and a better one than the paths would have).

Good luck, and enjoy :)

Grace_ana
05-20-2018, 12:15 PM
I would go to the "class" section of the forums and take a look through them. There are usually builds and a lot of advice. Builds usually either say they can be run by new players/characters or they outright state that they are not newbie friendly, so look for that. If it doesn't say in the initial post, it may in the thread. After that, if you still haven't found what you want, or you want to know if you can modify something to be newbie friendly, just start a thread in that class forum to ask about it. People are very helpful.

Alsahir
05-23-2018, 02:22 PM
I would go to the "class" section of the forums and take a look through them. There are usually builds and a lot of advice. Builds usually either say they can be run by new players/characters or they outright state that they are not newbie friendly, so look for that. If it doesn't say in the initial post, it may in the thread. After that, if you still haven't found what you want, or you want to know if you can modify something to be newbie friendly, just start a thread in that class forum to ask about it. People are very helpful.

Just wanted to say thank you for this-i found a really helpful post In the warlock section, and my new dragonborn warlock is now my favorite character:)

Grace_ana
05-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for this-i found a really helpful post In the warlock section, and my new dragonborn warlock is now my favorite character:)

No problem, glad you found what you needed!