PDA

View Full Version : alphabetical order for party members

crazycaren
05-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Hi
Small suggestion. Please make the order of party members alphabetical by first name. That way, when I'm in stradh and say "Zerg has the grip" people know where to look on the list to cure me. Also, when playing a healer, it would make it faster for me to find the right keyboard shortcut.
thanks!

GeoffWatson
05-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Hi
Small suggestion. Please make the order of party members alphabetical by first name. That way, when I'm in stradh and say "Zerg has the grip" people know where to look on the list to cure me. Also, when playing a healer, it would make it faster for me to find the right keyboard shortcut.
thanks!

I'd like the option to reorder the party members however you like.
Eg: having a static group in the same order each time, or alphabetical, or whatever you want.

tafla421
05-08-2018, 01:28 AM
yeah that grip stuff sucks. you gotta pay attention to people typing XXXXX because people either refuse to talk or they just don't come through on in-game voice chat, then you have to search for their name on the life bars. equip the stupid trinket because who wants to sacrifice their gear setup to equip a useless item, and then finally use it on the person before they die. all while doing whatever it is you do in the raid. while I understand the short timer leads to the sense of urgency to cure the grip it just is easier to rez them after the fact. atleast then you can tell at a glance who needs it lol. personally I tend to take up the rear when I'm on grip duty and I try to watch for people with their hands in the air. you know the dumb pose you get stuck in when you get hit with the grip, I call it the high 5 pose cause when they are in a group of people it looks like they are waiting to get high fived. oh and maybe make the item just a clickie like the blade of jack jibbers where you don't need to have it equipped, or give us another gear slot that is just for quest item clickies

TitusOvid
05-08-2018, 08:28 AM
yeah that grip stuff sucks. you gotta pay attention to people typing XXXXX because people either refuse to talk or they just don't come through on in-game voice chat, then you have to search for their name on the life bars. equip the stupid trinket because who wants to sacrifice their gear setup to equip a useless item, and then finally use it on the person before they die. all while doing whatever it is you do in the raid. while I understand the short timer leads to the sense of urgency to cure the grip it just is easier to rez them after the fact. atleast then you can tell at a glance who needs it lol. personally I tend to take up the rear when I'm on grip duty and I try to watch for people with their hands in the air. you know the dumb pose you get stuck in when you get hit with the grip, I call it the high 5 pose cause when they are in a group of people it looks like they are waiting to get high fived. oh and maybe make the item just a clickie like the blade of jack jibbers where you don't need to have it equipped, or give us another gear slot that is just for quest item clickies

^^This.
Or maybe give us 2 more seconds to react.

Enoach
05-08-2018, 08:35 AM
I'd like the option to reorder the party members however you like.
Eg: having a static group in the same order each time, or alphabetical, or whatever you want.

This would be my preferred solution, alphabetical can work in some situations but in the case of splitting up the party it does not work.

Feal
05-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Good idea, thumbs up

Sunnie
05-09-2018, 10:06 AM
I have no strong feelings about it, but it seems like a generally good suggestion. The only thing I'd like to change about it is to keep F1 for targeting yourself always. Being able to sort the others or having them sorted alphabetically could be useful, but "F1 = me" has been pretty ingrained by now, I know I'd have a really hard time getting used to the hotkey for targeting myself being variable.

EllisDee37
05-09-2018, 11:22 AM
You know how when you have multiple tabs open in your browser, you can drag them around to re-order them as you please? (At least you can in Firefox, the only browser I'm familiar with.) I'd love to be able to do that with the party member list, to re-organize as I see fit, or just leave it in the default order.

Ordinary
05-20-2018, 07:32 AM
On Cannith people type "f" for frozen in party chat. It would be helpful if you auto selected the player by clicking on their name in party chat that way you don't have to search for them in the party list.

SirValentine
05-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Not too interested in alphabetical; I think that would be worse than the chronological we have.

But I'm all on board supporting letting us re-order as we like.