PDA

View Full Version : Make Logouts quicker and more intuitive

Bertum
04-21-2018, 05:28 PM
I haven't quite worked out what the issue with logouts is. Sometimes logouts are quite quick, but other times they are awfully slow.

I realize its more important to have less lag in game play, then logging out.

I don't understand why you can quit very quickly, but logging out can sometimes take so long?

Often i'll get annoyed and try to logout 3 or 4 times before it happens.

Maybe the "logging out..." Progress Bar can stay visible, to show that its still trying to logout.

C-Dog
04-22-2018, 04:05 AM
If you log out in a public place, it's fast.

If you log out in a quest or wilderness, it's MUCH slower - probably to discourage that as an "exit strategy" if things are going badly. ;)

However, that aside, yes - sometimes (in the same environment) you watch the bar finish, and you're out, and other times nothing happens. I swear, sometimes it'd be faster to Quit and relog - seriously. I've hit "log out" 3-4 times in a row sometimes, and still nothing.

I can understand a delay in logging in - but logging out, taking load OFF the server, that should be quick and sure, no?

Bertum
04-23-2018, 06:34 AM
I agree.

I think its fair enough to take a long time to logout of a quest or wilderness. I'm not concerned about the time to login either.

I think if the logout progress bar was true, it would be a good improvement, eg slow if the logout is going to take for ever.

But id prefer if logouts were quicker.

I have quit and relogged in before, due to frustration.

I guess there must be a bug that causes the slow logouts. Code stuck in a loop, then a watchdog wakes up the code again to complete the logout.

Saekee
04-23-2018, 06:50 AM
I am curious to hear a dev chime in on this. Until then, we can speculate, but that is unsatisfying.

SoVeryBelgian
04-24-2018, 06:12 PM
/agreed