PDA

View Full Version : Grace period to prevent being stunlocked.

Antheal
04-06-2018, 04:49 AM
It would be nice if there was a few seconds of grace period after getting back up after being knocked down or tripped over, especially when you're fightinng solo against a pack of Worgs or Hobgoblins.

Perhaps this grace period could be dependent on the balance skill, as it's a little redundant standing up after a few moments only to be immediately knocked back down again, and again.

Qhualor
04-06-2018, 05:12 AM
this was changed some years ago for individual wolfs with an internal timer or something before the individual wolf can try to trip you again. just a tip, but as you are starting to get back up you can swing. you should be able to get 1 or 2 swings in before a different wolf knocks you down again.

Saekee
04-06-2018, 06:47 AM
GRRR hobgoblins NOT approve! That how we kill lone adventurer! We beat down, hit on floor, stay down until they our food.

Remember that you can actually block while on the ground and it may (not sure) help or even prevent another knockdown while active--but not sure on that last part

Enoach
04-06-2018, 07:10 AM
I understand the frustration the OP is seeing.

One thing I'm glad they changed years ago was when they didn't even need to hit you and the trip was successful.

My recommendation is to hold the shield block while you are down and until you get back up. This can increase your AC (less chance of getting hit) as well as PRR (less damage taken). This can also reduce the chance of being tripped again.

Also, when dealing with this type of Mob, items with guard damage effects or an item with Fearsome can help give you that pause needed to gather yourself.