PDA

View Full Version : Some Additional Monster Types for SSG to consider.

SoVeryBelgian
04-02-2018, 03:50 PM
I know the programming in a 12 year old game can be a bit dicey, but there are some existing models for mobs that I feel are just being under-utilized.

(1) Displacer Beasts : We already have Panther Models, so I feel like it would be a pretty simple leap to a DnD classic (Although I can understand if the tentacles might be too difficult). +Perma Displacement (duh)

(2) Galeb Durh : Sentient Rock Creatures. Fairly Simple.

(3) Ettercap : Umber Hulk reskin probably. Hardest part would be the spinnerets but 5e makes them look similar. Or maybe a reskin on a Draegloth.

(4) Mounted Mobs : You can't just show me a Bugbear riding a Panther in Red Fens and just not use that Mechanic again. Same for the Rustie-Mounted Ogres in Siegebreaker (Although they were wearing armor... on a rustie...).

(5) Goblins : C'mon, this vacancy is pretty glaring.

(6) Kuo-Tua : ....FISHIES! Uhhh I mean FROG-FISHIES.... Bullywugs? iunno.

(7) Blink Dogs : Again, Dog Models exist, reskin it and give it a Devil's teleport.

If they're using preexisting mobs to shape new ones and finding it easier than new models (like Vargouille / Flameskull and Scarecrow) then I def think these should be on the table as options.

archlyte
04-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Yeah for real what's up with no goblins?

OP I think your list is good and makes sense to me. D&D has this great bunch of creatures that make up much of the feel of the IP. I thin that more of those classic creatures would be great. I'm also partial to the Berbalang. lol

Aelonwy
04-03-2018, 03:24 PM
I really miss displacer beasts. DnD staple right there. But the other creature I miss most is the Bulette. I wish ToEE and the Underdark had come with Myconids too.

archlyte
04-03-2018, 04:20 PM
I'm also surprised they didn't make something with modrons. I hate those things lol. But I along with OP wish more mounted things were in the game. That guy in the Fens is just awesome

Dulcimerist
04-04-2018, 11:19 AM
I'm also surprised they didn't make something with modrons. I hate those things lol. But I along with OP wish more mounted things were in the game. That guy in the Fens is just awesome

Don't forget the kobold mounted on a minotaur in Bargain of Blood! :)