PDA

View Full Version : What new races do you want to see if DDO must add more? (Poll version)

Lokeal_The_Flame
03-30-2018, 04:33 PM
This list is updated from some data gathered by a poll I ran a while back prior to the introduction of Dragonborn, Gnome and Deep Gnome.

1 - Thri-Kreen
2 - Tiefling (Made more dark and aesthetically pleasing in appearance)
3 - Kobold
4 - Catfolk or Tabaxi
5 - Genasi
6 - Goliath
7 - Kenku
8 - Triton
9 - Yuan-Ti
10 - Eladrin (Ghaele + Bralani)
11 - Changelings
12 - Quorforged
13 - Inspired
14 - Duergar
15 - Arcanaloth/Nycaloth/Mezzoloth/Ultroloth

Personally, I feel a Tiefling Iconic with Intelligence to hit and damage on their racial enhancement tree would be awesome, call it infernal cunning!

Selvera
03-30-2018, 04:53 PM
1- Full orc
2- Pixie

Umm, yeah. That is all.

tafla421
03-30-2018, 05:47 PM
was always partial to minotaur and firbolg from the old humanoid handbook from 2nd edition myself but character models that big would make some quests impossible

Lokeal_The_Flame
03-30-2018, 06:39 PM
was always partial to minotaur and firbolg from the old humanoid handbook from 2nd edition myself but character models that big would make some quests impossible Minotaur might work as an iconic race if they give the minotaur a clicky item that shrinks them down to the size of a halfling lol.... but let's face it, unlikely to happen. Personally though, I am a fan of a homebrew race Tiefling/orc.

Aelonwy
03-31-2018, 12:17 PM
I would like a Tiefling for two reasons, one to give my warlock more of a role play feel, and two to have a tiefling bard that looks as close to Malicia as the options allow and play her as an Enchantress/Spellsinger.

For the second to work I would need a very pink skin tone option, and the backwards aligned horns as an option.

Example on the far right:

https://i.imgur.com/kQjSYrG.jpg

blerkington
03-31-2018, 12:19 PM
Bugbear or Bullywug.

Very disappointing not to see them as options on the poll.

Thanks.

Sunnie
03-31-2018, 03:12 PM
1- Full orc
2- Pixie

Umm, yeah. That is all.
I voted Kobold, but pixies could be fun as well. They'd break a lot of quests, though, if allowed to fly freely (as they should).

mikarddo
03-31-2018, 04:22 PM
"None" is missing from the poll. Thats my vote.

SoVeryBelgian
04-02-2018, 03:17 PM
If we're talking about the 'not-in-a-million-years-scenario' then I'd definitely pick Kenku because most of the others are boring or aren't all that compelling shape and stat-wise. I could def see a Gnoll bone-rigging reskin to a Kenku hobbling around with his lil' birdie face (like they did with Werewolves).

Realistically however, DDO Officials had mentioned considering Tieflings and Kobolds the most. Out of the two? Kobold for sure. Draconic Bloodline Kobbie Evocator? Yusss

Also, seeing a Kobold Monk would be amazing.

Enoach
04-02-2018, 04:14 PM
With Aasimars added, I feel finishing it with the fiend side would be a good logical direction.

HungarianRhapsody
04-02-2018, 04:38 PM
I voted Kobold, but pixies could be fun as well. They'd break a lot of quests, though, if allowed to fly freely (as they should).

I could see wings at level 1, but only the Monk/Draconic/Air Savant/Cannith Rocket Boots type of wings.

Flavilandile
04-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Kalashtars and Shifters...

Before going more exotic than we already went, we should the base races of Eberron.

salmag
04-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Kalashtars and Shifters...

Before going more exotic than we already went, we should the base races of Eberron.

I agree with this.

Kalashtars and Shifters get my vote.

Dandonk
04-03-2018, 12:28 PM
I'd love thri-kreen.

More realistically, Githzerai would be cool (since I just replayed Torment, yay Dak'kon).

archlyte
04-03-2018, 01:52 PM
I would have wanted Bugbear as an option but it wasn't listed :)

Lokeal_The_Flame
04-06-2018, 10:04 PM
I would have wanted Bugbear as an option but it wasn't listed :)

After the next couple of new races are added, the newer version of this poll will be updated with such. It is my hope that the developers will see the statistical data gathered here..... I know that new races are inevitable, and so I want the races added in the future to be ones that people would actually have interest in!

Arch-Necromancer
04-07-2018, 03:08 AM
Tiefling as a regular race

Duergar as a barbarian iconic.

SirValentine
04-10-2018, 05:12 PM
"None" is missing from the poll. Thats my vote.

Same.

"Add none", and "Something else" should both have been options.