PDA

View Full Version : Definitive Patron Location/reward thread

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 04:49 PM
THese are what we have so far. Please add on and i will put them in the this post. Also give the point value at which you will get reward.

Please give name, location and reward needed

Note that all reps besides Total Favor need 75 for rank 1 and 150 for Rank 2, and 400 favor for rank 3.

Harbor

Name: Drow Rep - Nyx Durandimion
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Unlock creation of Drow at 400 total favor on one character
- Rank 2: Unlock +2 Tome, and 32 point buy characters at 1750 total favor on one character.

Name: Free Agents Rep - Capshaw the Crier
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Purchase up to +2 Healer's Kits, Thieve's Tools, Repair Kits
- Rank 2: Purchase up to +4 Healer's Kits, Thieve's Tools, Repair Kits

See next Post for Notes about Free agents rep below.
Name: Free Agents Rep - Jaidene Ironforge
Rewards:
- Rank 3: Better chance to repair damage and not get "permanent damage"

MarketPlace
Name: Silver Flame Rep - Astra Quinlin
Rewards:
- Rank 1: cheaper spells from their guys at inns.
- Rank 2: The Blessing of the Silver Flame.(It gives you faster regen in town/taverns. 2 HPs and 8 SPs per tick.)
- Rank 3: Able to buy items from the Silver flame armorer(see next post for information ragarding what items)

Name: Coin Lords Rep - Montague Goudreau
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Get another inventory tab
- Rank 2: need to find a "collapsed hole" and 100 K Gold to get another inventory tab
Note*The guy that REPAIRS the Collapsed Portable Holes is next to the Drow Rep outside the Harbormaster's house. *

House D
Name: House D Rep - Oleg d'Deneith
Rewards:
- Rank 1: +3 Arrows/Bolts/Throwing Axes, etc purchasable
- Rank 2: 75% returning Arrows/Bolts/Throwing Axes, etc purchasable

Note *The quartermaster selling the items is the guy next to Oleg*

House K
Name: House K Rep - Karya d'Kundarak
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Pay 20k gold to get another bank tab, same size as your current bank space
- Rank 2: Another Bank slot for 80kgp.

House P
Name: House P Rep - Maris d'Phiarlan
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Able to buy buffs (see 2nd post) that last 30 mins and persist into instances
- Rank 2: Phiarlan Pendant of Time, Trinket which casts Warped Time on you as long as you're not in a "dangerous area"

Name: House P Rep - Reckard Soul
Rewards:
- Rank 3: Fixes equipment?

House J
Name: House J Rep - Rhialle 'Blossom' d'Jorasco
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Able to buy buffs (see 2nd post) that last 30 mins and persist into instances
- Rank 2: Able to buy more buffs, same kinda thing as Rank 1

The Chamber
Name: Genecia <Agent of the Argonnessen>
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Your choice of a Dragon shard or portable hole
- Rank 2: Feat: Draconic Vitality(Increases Your Maximum Hit Points by 10)

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Buffs available

House J:
For Rank 1
Bless for 100gp
Shield of Faith (+3) for 100gp
Remove Fear for 100gp
Aid (+18)
+4 Stat Spells (Bears, Bulls, Eagle's Owl's only)
Water Breathing
Resist Energy (Fire/Acid/Cold/Electricity/Sonic)

House P:
For Rank 1
Jump (+30) for 100gp
Mage Armor for 100gp
Tumble (+10) for 100gp
False Life for 300gp
Resist Energy (Fire/Acid/Cold/Electricity/Sonic) for 300gp
+4 Stat Spells (Bull's, Eagle's, etc) for 300gp
Water Breathing for 500gp

NOTE ABOUT FREE AGENT 3rd RANK

Jaidene is a blacksmith. She only has the skills to repair weapons, armor and shields. There will be another expert repair vendor for clothing and jewelry items in the next update.
At no time did the expert repair vendors ever have the ability to remove permanent damage. They do greatly reduce the chance of taking permanent damage when a repairing an item.
I'll see about clarifying Jaidene's dialog to mention exactly what she can work on and get rid of the unfortunate wording of her welcome message. "Replace" does indeed refer to her inventory of replacement weapons.
http://www.ddo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=775555&postcount=12

Items available for purchase from The Silver Flame Armorer
1- 100 +1 Ghost Touch Silver Flame Arrows. These are +1, Silver, Ghost Touch arrows, base value is 300gp.
2- 100 +1 Silver Flame Arrows of Lesser Undead Bane. These are +1, Silver and have Lesser Undead Bane, base value is 300gp.
3- Silver Flame Lesser Healing Potion. This potion will heal you for 100 HP and reduce all of your stats by ten for 30 seconds. This could make you helpless, or in the case of low con, it could kill you. It is great for a between fight heal. I have also experienced drinking this potion in a city area, the first time after a death, and I got the message: "A good rest has removed 222 points of XP debt. You suffer 24 points of damage from Disintigrate. You attempt to save versus Disintigrate. You roll an 8 (+39): save!" I tried to replicate this effect but wasn't able to. It was after I had logged in, so that is possible to have had an effect? dunno.
4- Silver Flame Healing Potion. This potion will heal you 250 HP, reduce all stats by 10 for 30 seconds, and slow you for 30 seconds. The Bse value is 4,000gp.

Brennie
07-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow, that pendant sounds pretty darn cool!

Does the trinket need to be worn? If so, isn't that a tad bit unfair to us caster, whos trinket slot is carrying 25-100 of our SP? (Thus a trinket swap causes us to lose a considerable amount of SP and need to hit a tavern... also making it not possible to use this trinket between a tavern and quest, without sacrificing the SP again)

Viglin
07-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks Ziggy, bookmarked for later reference, but me thinks ll be waiting til ltomorrow to get that extra inventory tab, which will be very useful:)

tfangel
07-12-2006, 05:07 PM
- Rank 2: Something about needing to find a Portable Hole to get another inventory tab, not sure where you get it

I know as a wizard, i can teleport there, not sure how to get there without it though. Pretty nice having extra inventory. ^_^

ccheath776
07-12-2006, 05:08 PM
House D Rep - No idea - At the base of the House D "mountain"
REWARDS:
Note: These might be mixed up, I didn't check the vendor between ranks

HOLY SMITE! That is awesome. I can purchase returning weapons. :eek:

Brennie
07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
House D Rep - No idea - At the base of the House D "mountain"
REWARDS:

HOLY SMITE! That is awesome. I can purchase returning weapons. :eek:

75% returning... meaning 25% loss per use. Compare this to non-magical ammo, and you will be spending a LOT more money (+2 arrows equiv i think?) to save a little inventory space.

As for throwing weapons... honestly, it think its better to hope for a full returning in random loot, or pick one up as a static reward...

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 05:14 PM
75% returning... meaning 25% loss per use. Compare this to non-magical ammo, and you will be spending a LOT more money (+2 arrows equiv i think?) to save a little inventory space.

As for throwing weapons... honestly, it think its better to hope for a full returning in random loot, or pick one up as a static reward...

and that is what most ammunition carrying people are complaining about is extra pack space. Its the same as those arrows from Threnal South. and people were happy about those

crschoen
07-12-2006, 05:17 PM
You should really put a spoiler alert in the title of this message.

Endrik
07-12-2006, 05:53 PM

Not true. (with regard to cost)
The ammo binds to the purchaser. I bought 200 +3 bolts from the vendor for 480gp. Yes, GP...
Much more cost effective, as I was paying over 800GP for 100 +1 bolts previously...

Taojeff
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
The trinket is actually alot faster then expedious retreat, it might even be faster then boost speed.

Jaxter
07-12-2006, 07:09 PM

Why? If someone can't determine what is in this thread by the title that it was given, it's their own fault for being a moron.

Swap
07-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Portable Hole was outside the HarbourMaster. They offered me 100 Inventory spots for 100K gold. Not bad.

jakeelala
07-12-2006, 07:27 PM
do things in the pouch count towards weight restrictions?

Artificial
07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
The Portable Hole is a tavern that high level mages can go to using the teleport spell. You can bind there and also buy reagents and all manner of things. Plus there's a mailbox inside. A pretty kewl place when I went there.

I didn't see any players there while I stood there chatting to guildies about 30 minutes or so before the servers went down again. But it is a kewl place I'd reccomend for all high level wizards.

Memory
07-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Okay... I was a bit ( okay, a lot ) irritated by the server shut-down. But, this just proves that laughter makes everything better. :)

tr0tsky
07-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Ziggy, you amateur. If you're going to make a "Definitive" thread, it has to be formatted *way* better :P

I expect this to be cleaned up by the morning!

tr0tsky
07-12-2006, 07:44 PM
The trinket is actually alot faster then expedious retreat, it might even be faster then boost speed.

really? I'll have to check it out. My work computer was really laggy, so it was hard to tell what the speed was. I just said "perm expeditious retreat" because that's what the buff icon was.

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Ziggy, you amateur. If you're going to make a "Definitive" thread, it has to be formatted *way* better :P

I expect this to be cleaned up by the morning!

ok ill try to fix the format...... I dont make any promises......

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
ok updated and cleaned up.....

Hows it look tr0tsky?

Krazed
07-12-2006, 08:06 PM
I think the faction reward for Silver Flame at 75 is cheaper spells from their guys at inns.

Not sure of 150 reward.

Kyrien
07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
You obtain points by doing quests related to each patron, correct? Does it go strictly by area (IE all harbor quests earn Drow points) or are they mixed up in each area?

hellfyreii
07-12-2006, 08:25 PM
to get drow unlocked its counted in total favor points for the others u have to earn the favor for each seperate faction

tr0tsky
07-12-2006, 08:26 PM
ok updated and cleaned up.....

Hows it look tr0tsky?

looks good. Just a note, all reps besides Total Favor need 75 for rank 1 and 150 for Rank 2. Can't remember offhand what you need for Rank 3, but I know I didn't hit it on any of them :P

Krazed
07-12-2006, 08:27 PM
You obtain points by doing quests related to each patron, correct? Does it go strictly by area (IE all harbor quests earn Drow points) or are they mixed up in each area?

Some are mixed, most are straightforward. Most Harbor quests give you Coin Lord faction, and each quest inside a House gives you faction with that House.

But at the same time, STK gives you Coin Lord faction, and the Catacombs quest gives you Silver Flame faction.

Tabiani
07-12-2006, 08:27 PM
House D
Name: House D Rep - No idea
Favor Needed: ?
Rewards:
The order is correct; I got to just the first rank and all I saw was the +3 Arrows/bolts and throwing stuff.

Krispinn
07-12-2006, 08:29 PM
House K, Rank 2: Another Bank slot for 80,000gp.

Krispy

Maldini
07-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Rank 2 Coin Lords you need a "collapsed hole" and 10 K Gold to get an extra tab. Each inv tab is 20 spaces, so 100 spaces would be 5 tabs. The first rank gives you 4 tabs or 80 spaces.

the_dove
07-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice stuff, keep it coming :)

Greymeir
07-12-2006, 08:37 PM
House D
Name: House D Rep - No idea
Rewards:

The reps first name is Oleg
Location is correct
Order of items is correct
The quartermaster selling the items is the guy next to Oleg

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks all... updated to reflect new info.

tr0tsky
07-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks all... updated to reflect new info.

lol, methinks you messed up your formatting somehow...possibly an unclosed [color ] block or something :P

edit: nm, you fixed it pretty quick. Good stuff :)

tkrenaud
07-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Is there a rank 3? Anybody see that posted somewhere or is this just supposition? Also can we start a definitive points thread? Like how many points on each quest in normal, hard and elite? I know that would be a lot of work (especially with servers down hehe) but I am curious whether quests go up incrementally. For example I know Millers Debt gives 2 points and Kobold Ringleader on elite gives 12, while 1 part of ww gives 4. Any input is appreciated... at least it will help pass the time til relaunch.

Maldini
07-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes there's a rank 3. I know there's one for the Coin Lords. I just haven't reached it yet.

Krispinn
07-12-2006, 09:11 PM
On the House K lvl 2 reward I should have stated as you did on lvl 1. Another Tab the same size as your first for 80kgp

Harbinder
07-12-2006, 09:27 PM
We gonna have to have rank 1 purchased, (in the house k bank 20,000gp's for xtra space) to unlock rank 2 (make it avail.):confused: ???

Edit-->Prob just opens up the rank2 option when ya gets the favor

also, thx for puttin this up!:cool:

Yuhjn
07-12-2006, 09:40 PM
We gonna have to have rank 1 purchased, (in the house k bank 20,000gp's for xtra space) to unlock rank 2 (make it avail.):confused: ???

Edit-->Prob just opens up the rank2 option when ya gets the favor

also, thx for puttin this up!:cool:

Yes you have to rank up to 1 before you can rank up to 2.

Acoustyx
07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I wish I could log in to give exact Patron and title...but I was at 190/400 on one of my factions. So the jump is significant as to rank progression. 75/150/400

Preemptively: the 400 Im speaking of was for SURE not the Drow unlock....I had 697/400 on Drow unlock prior to reporting to the various patron leader NPC's.

Dilfur
07-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Hmmm, something weird seems to be going on. Cause I got my 4th tab for free, just talking to the guy outside of the bank in the marketplace. As for the 5th tab, the guy outside the harbormaster wanted the Collapslible Portable Hole and 100K gold. (I think you meant to type 10Kpp).

derp
07-13-2006, 04:08 AM
So has anyone found the "Collapsed Portable Hole" that you give to Ryo Silverbrow, who is outside the harbormasters house?

SandrockKai
07-13-2006, 04:12 AM
Let me give you a bit of help Ziggy.

THese are what we have so far. Please add on and i will put them in the this post. Also give the point value at which you will get reward.

Note that all reps besides Total Favor need 75 for rank 1 and 150 for Rank 2.

All reps require 400 favor for rank 3.

Harbor

Name: Drow Rep - Nyx Something
Favor Needed: need at least 400 total favor on one character.
Reward: Unlock creation of Drow

Name: Free Agents Rep - Capshaw the Crier?
Rewards:

Drow Rep - Nyx Durandimion

Free Agents Rep - Capshaw the Crier
Rank 2 - +3 Tools, Heal and Repair Kits

MarketPlace
Name: Silver Flame Rep - ?
Rewards:

Name: Coin Lords Rep - Montague something
Rewards:
- Rank 2: need to find a "collapsed hole" and 10 K Gold to get another inventory tab
Note*The Portable Hole is outside the HarbourMaster. *

Silver Flame Rep - Astra Quinlin
Note: Rank 2 not currently obtainable

Coin Lords Rep - Montague Goudreau

House D
Name: House D Rep - Oleg
Rewards:

House D Rep - Oleg d'Deneith

House K
Name: House K Rep - No idea
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Pay 20k gold to get another bank tab, same size as your current bank space

House K Rep - Karya d'Kundarak

House P
Name: House P Rep - No idea -
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Able to buy buffs (will edit with a list later) that last 30 mins and persist into instances
- Rank 2: Phiarlan Pendant of Time, Trinket which casts a "permanent" expeditious retreat on you as long as you're not in a "dangerous area"

House P Rep - Maris d'Phiarlan

House J
Name: House J Rep - No idea
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Able to buy buffs (will edit with a list later) that last 30 mins and persist into instances

House J Rep - Rhialle 'Blossom' d'Jorasco

JarvisW
07-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Free Agents lvl 2 gives +3 tools, heal and repair kits.

Sani_Medicor
07-13-2006, 07:54 AM
It appears you have to max it out to get a rank...yuck...only maxxed House P so far.

Damian
07-13-2006, 08:23 AM
I found the House K rep but where is the NPC that sells the new bank slots?

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Updated and a thank you to everyone so far.

Lifeisdeath
07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
has anyone gotten to rank 2 in total favor? or know what it might give? i think it was 1750 favor for the next rank.

arcane_nite
07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Awesome post. I think we all appreciate this. I really didnt want to run around for an hour or more trying to find all these people!

Alavatar
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I think Montague Goudreau initally gives you a 'collapsed' portable hole when you get rank 1, and when you get rank 2 you can pay the 100k gold to the guy next to Nyx in the harbor to repair it to be a portable hole, doubling it's space (giving a fifth inventory tab).

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Awesome post. I think we all appreciate this. I really didnt want to run around for an hour or more trying to find all these people!

Thats why i started it yesterday while at work, so i wouldnt have to run around for an hour.....

aint this forum grand.:D

tr0tsky
07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
I found the House K rep but where is the NPC that sells the new bank slots?

Go into the bank and ask to see your account. There's a button at the bottom of the window that says "Upgrade: X gp"

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
I think Montague Goudreau initally gives you a 'collapsed' portable hole when you get rank 1, and when you get rank 2 you can pay the 100k gold to the guy next to Nyx in the harbor to repair it to be a portable hole, doubling it's space (giving a fifth inventory tab).

Nope you pay 20K gold to get the 4th spot and have to "find" a collapsed" hole while adventuring there are 2 people already who have found one.

EDIT: due to recent info you do not have to pay money for your 4 tab. everything else in this post is correct.

Rooks
07-13-2006, 08:52 AM

Note that all reps besides Total Favor need 75 for rank 1 and 150 for Rank 2, and 400 favor for rank 3..

Harbor

Name: Drow Rep - Nyx Durandimion
Favor Needed: need at least 400 total favor on one character.
Reward: Unlock creation of Drow

Name: Free Agents Rep - Capshaw the Crier
Rewards:
- Rank 2: Purchase up to +3 Healer's Kits, Thieve's Tools, Repair Kits

MarketPlace
Name: Silver Flame Rep - Astra Quinlin
Rewards:
- Rank 2: not currently obtainable

Rewards:
- Rank 2: need to find a "collapsed hole" and 10 K Gold to get another inventory tab

House D
Name: House D Rep - Oleg d'Deneith
Rewards:

House K
Name: House K Rep - Karya d'Kundarak
Rewards:

House P
Name: House P Rep - Maris d'Phiarlan
Rewards:
- Rank 2: Phiarlan Pendant of Time, Trinket which casts a "permanent" expeditious retreat on you as long as you're not in a "dangerous area"

House J
Name: House J Rep - Rhialle 'Blossom' d'Jorasco
Rewards:

I believe it is 100,000 gp for the collapsed hole to expand your inventory a fifth slot.

Alavatar
07-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Nope you pay 20K gold to get the 4th spot and have to "find" a collapsed" hole while adventuring there are 2 people already who have found one.

That's wierd. I didn't pay 20k gold for the 4th spot, but I got it. Perhaps you're thinking of the house K bank whereas I'm talking about the Coin Lords rep?

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 08:55 AM
That's wierd. I didn't pay 20k gold for the 4th spot, but I got it. Perhaps you're thinking of the house K bank whereas I'm talking about the Coin Lords rep?

Your correct about the price....everything else should be correct though.

Judey
07-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I know as a wizard, i can teleport there, not sure how to get there without it though. Pretty nice having extra inventory. ^_^

To clarify...you must loot a collapsed portable hole from a chest to get your 5th inventory page. You can't buy them anywhere, you gotta loot them.

This is not to be confused with the Portable Hole, a tavern that can only be reached via teleport. Unless you are an arcane or can UMD a teleport scroll, you ain't going there.

Judey
07-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Rewards:

That's 100K GP, not 10K

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
That's 100K GP, not 10K

Fixed.... and thanks.

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 10:46 AM
updated

Plow
07-13-2006, 11:18 AM
We're also working on patron info list over at gameminion (http://ddo.gameminion.com/guide.php?id=41). We've got more of a focus on how much favor you can get from each quest though.

Anyone know just how fast the pendant is? I raced someone with haste cast on them and beat them, so its pretty darn quick.

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 11:19 AM
We're also working on patron info list over at gameminion (http://ddo.gameminion.com/private/guide.php?id=41). We've got more of a focus on how much favor you can get from each quest though.

Anyone know just how fast the pendant is? I raced someone with haste cast on them and beat them, so its pretty darn quick.

it be great if we didnt need to log in to view your info.

EDIT: you can get to it through the link in your sig though.

winsom
07-13-2006, 11:26 AM
So has anyone found the "Collapsed Portable Hole" that you give to Ryo Silverbrow, who is outside the harbormasters house?

This is confusing because the NPC outside the bank in the market told me I was getting a Portable Hole. Then I look at my new inventory tab and see "(Collasped?) Portable Hole" or something like that. (1 extra slot)

I have more than the 1st rank of Coin Lords faction (retroactive). Perhaps 130ish faction.

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 11:30 AM
This is confusing because the NPC outside the bank in the market told me I was getting a Portable Hole. Then I look at my new inventory tab and see "(Collasped?) Portable Hole" or something like that. (1 extra slot)

I have more than the 1st rank of Coin Lords faction (retroactive). Perhaps 130ish faction.

THere is an item that you will find while adventuring, whose description will say return to "X". that is the portable hole you need for the 2nd tab.

Viglin
07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Yup yup, l was very surprised and happy to see that l had an extra inventory tab[didnt even notice to later on when l was checking my gear] without having to do anything except earn the favor and speak to the npc.

I thought l had to first go get the big and the 100k, but l now see thats for rank 2, which will be a wayyys off lol :). Ive read people already found the Hole in chests, sounds like the higher level areas thou:(

Shecky
07-13-2006, 12:45 PM
This may very well be the single most useful post I've seen in a long time. Thanks! :)

tr0tsky
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
See Ziggy, Definitive Threads are the way to go. Just wait...

First you get the info,
Then you get the power,
Then you get the women.

Oh wait, we're talking about a post on an MMO message board, scratch that third one.

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 12:47 PM
See Ziggy, Definitive Threads are the way to go. Just wait...

First you get the info,
Then you get the power,
Then you get the women.

Oh wait, we're talking about a post on an MMO message board, scratch that third one.

Im getting the info......

IVE GOT THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive got a fiance.

Sweet im all set.

tr0tsky
07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
IVE GOT THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that a Transformers: The Movie reference or a He-Man reference? Because when I saw it, I automatically thought "You've got the touch...you've got the power!" from that Transformers movie song..

man, I'm even nerding myself out right now...

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Was that a Transformers: The Movie reference or a He-Man reference? Because when I saw it, I automatically thought "You've got the touch...you've got the power!" from that Transformers movie song..

man, even I'm nerding myself out right now...

I was going He-Man

M09WA1
07-13-2006, 12:58 PM

Thanks for starting this thread. Very helpful. :)

M09WA1
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I was going He-Man

I believe it's: BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!!

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 01:28 PM
I believe it's: BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!!

"By the power of Grayskull...I have the power!".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Man

Switzerland,_War_Ma
07-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Wikipedia is known not to be a reliable resource. The whole scandal of false facts and all that....

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Wikipedia is known not to be a reliable resource. The whole scandal of false facts and all that....

anyway... this is going of the original topic. Lets get back to the patron rewards.

Ringlord
07-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Ok guys I am not 100% sure, but a friend of mine in my guild was on during the few minutes before the big shut down yesterday and he said he already had the collapsed portable hole and got the 5th tab from the guy in the harbor ( Ryo Silverbrow is the NPC's name ) And I know he had not yet done any of the new quests or any quests at all. The 4th inventory tab is a collapsed portable hole and Ryo repairs it for an additional tab giving you 100 spaces total ( 20 per tab )

Now he is known to be a great BS man though too so I will look into this more.

Z_man9
07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Great post and very helpful.

More posts like this should be started and kudos to you.

Dark_Jester
07-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Ringlord, this is my understanding as well.

Basically, I think that it is just saying that you can't pay 100,000 gold for the fifth slot until 1) you've already gotten the fourth slot for being rank one, and 2) You make it to rank two.

While I haven't tested this myself, he does give me the opportunity to repair the collapsed portable hole I received upon getting to rank one. I just haven't had the gold.

No one in my guild has found a portable hole as an item, and they've been running pretty hot and heavy since servers went up last night.

tr0tsky
07-13-2006, 02:02 PM
While I haven't tested this myself, he does give me the opportunity to repair the collapsed portable hole I received upon getting to rank one. I just haven't had the gold.

The first rank gives you a Bag of Holding, not a Portable Hole

No one in my guild has found a portable hole as an item, and they've been running pretty hot and heavy since servers went up last night.

There are reports (some in this thread?) about people looting Collapsed Portable Holes since the patch.

SandrockKai
07-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Yes, the collapsed hole is a lootable item from a chest. All those saying they received one for being rank 1 are lying. You must reach Rank 2, find a collapsed hole, and then take it to Ryo to have repaired. That then nets you a 5th backpack. The coin lords aren't just handing them out for free.

Ziggy
07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Great post and very helpful.

More posts like this should be started and kudos to you.

Thanks, but tr0tsky helped out alot as well.

Dark_Jester
07-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Yes, the collapsed hole is a lootable item from a chest. All those saying they received one for being rank 1 are lying. You must reach Rank 2, find a collapsed hole, and then take it to Ryo to have repaired. That then nets you a 5th backpack. The coin lords aren't just handing them out for free.

Next time you want to call someone a liar, I suggest you instead keep your mouth shut.

I'm telling you that when I went to the rep in front of the Eastmarch Bank in the Marketplace and got Rank one, he told me that I could carry a magical item, and he called it a collapsed portable hole. I looked for it in my inventory and instead found a fourth inventory tab.

I do NOT like being called a liar.

Arianna_Firebrand
07-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Next time you want to call someone a liar, I suggest you instead keep your mouth shut.

I'm telling you that when I went to the rep in front of the Eastmarch Bank in the Marketplace and got Rank one, he told me that I could carry a magical item, and he called it a collapsed portable hole. I looked for it in my inventory and instead found a fourth inventory tab.

I think you are confused. You actually recieved a bag of holding for Rank 1 that gave you the extra tab. To get ANOTHER tab at Rank 2 you need to find a colapsed portable hole and give it to Ryo to repair. The rep isn't giving the right instructions according to the Known Issues Dev post here: http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49341

tr0tsky
07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Phiarlan castable Buffs:

Jump (+30)
Mage Armor
Shield (will be removed)
Tumble (+10)
False Life
+4 Stat Spells (Bull's, Eagle's, etc)
Water Breathing

Jorasco castable Buffs:

Bless
Shield of Faith (+3)
Divine Favor (+4, will be removed)
Remove Fear
Aid (+18)
Water Breathing

btw. Phiarlan is outside the actual house phiarlan, not by the old jewelry shop, I believe i was wrong on that.

Dark_Jester
07-13-2006, 06:11 PM
I think you are confused. You actually recieved a bag of holding for Rank 1 that gave you the extra tab. To get ANOTHER tab at Rank 2 you need to find a colapsed portable hole and give it to Ryo to repair. The rep isn't giving the right instructions according to the Known Issues Dev post here: http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49341

Thanks for the post. I wasn't confused, because I know what the rep told me. But it looks like the dialogue in the game right now is wrong, and they are changing it.

Again, thanks for the lead in finding out what is going on in this matter.

Dark_Jester
07-13-2006, 06:12 PM
I'd advise you to keep your mouth shut on something you obviously have NO CLUE about.

Guess what, you CAN carry a collapsed hole. You DID NOT get one for making Rank 1 and if you continue to claim that you did then that makes you a LIAR. Is it sinking in yet?

What is sinking in is that you are too rude for me to listen to you any longer.

Welcome to my ignore list. Oh, and your posts have been reported. Have a nice day.

tfangel
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know how high you can get so far without new quests? Is it possible to get to rank 3 in any of them, and can you go above drow yet?

Brennie
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Phiarlan castable Buffs:

Jump (+30)
Mage Armor
Shield (will be removed)
Tumble (+10)
False Life
+4 Stat Spells (Bull's, Eagle's, etc)
Water Breathing

Jorasco castable Buffs:

Bless
Shield of Faith (+3)
Divine Favor (+4, will be removed)
Remove Fear
Aid (+18)
Water Breathing

btw. Phiarlan is outside the actual house phiarlan, not by the old jewelry shop, I believe i was wrong on that.

Any idea what the caster level is for False Life and the Resist spells? I'd think its safe to assume the resists are the 20/- variant... and I'm not even sure if false life changes from level (I'm only familiar with aid)... does it?

The_Mighty_Cube
07-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Okay gang!

Please stop fighting with each other. I don't want to close this thread.

ccheath776
07-13-2006, 07:00 PM

still not bad

tr0tsky
07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Any idea what the caster level is for False Life and the Resist spells? I'd think its safe to assume the resists are the 20/- variant... and I'm not even sure if false life changes from level (I'm only familiar with aid)... does it?

Hrm, I'll check when I get out of VoN.

Brennie
07-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Hrm, I'll check when I get out of VoN.

You da man tr0tsky

StoneSting
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Rewards:
- Rank 2: need to find a "collapsed hole" and 100 K Gold to get another inventory tab

The "Collapsed Portable Hole" is actually given to you by the guy you get that first extra inventory page from.

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I can definitively say this now, because I looted a "Collapsed Portable Hole" in VoN 5 tonight (go Soni, it's your birthday) and I turned it into the guy outside the Harbormaster's House along with 100k gold and got my 5th tab. Before this, he would have nothing to do with me.

You have to loot a "Collapsed Portable Hole" to get your 5th tab. End of Story.

Also,
False Life gives 20 hp
Resists are resist 20 for the elemental type selected.

StoneSting
07-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Not to be rude, but I posted this prior to reading the known issues stating that the portable hole was not supposed to be included in the dude's speech. And as awesome as these boards are they don't allow you to DELETE your own dang posts, geez!

Brennie
07-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Not to be rude, but I posted this prior to reading the known issues stating that the portable hole was not supposed to be included in the dude's speech. And as awesome as these boards are they don't allow you to DELETE your own dang posts, geez!

You can still edit your posts to make them look nothing like their oringinal form :)

Plausible Deniability!

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 12:32 AM

fair enough, edited my post to remove my snarkiness :)

You can still edit your posts to make them look nothing like their oringinal form :)

Plausible Deniability!

That only works if someone doesn't quote you :)

algarith
07-14-2006, 01:01 AM
A collapsed portable hole is an item that can be looted from (what appears to be random) chests. A member of Darkness found a collapsed portable hole today in one of the new zones (but no I won't say which one or where). The sad thing is that the guy who looted it doesn't even have enough patronage to use it :(

1369/1750 patronage completed

Zzorr
07-14-2006, 02:16 AM
The Phiarlan Pendant of Time is SWEET :)

Dilfur
07-14-2006, 06:01 AM
We need to hear something from the devs on this. I know two people in my guild that logged in after Mod II, talk to the guy outside the Bank. Got their free bag, noticed they had a "Collapsed Portable Hole" in their inventory. Went and paid the 100Kgold and had 5 bags (100slots). And never left the town or did any quests.

Is it possible that some people randomly got some? Or maybe even pre-patch item that got swapped out after? Or....heck I dunno. I DO know they got them one way or another.

Please don't start no "you are liar/you a liar" BS. I've seen a handful of posts about the same thing. This also is causing bad info to be spread around in-game. Obviously, these guys swear up/down/left/right, that you just talk to the guy. And I also know guys that got them as drops.

As for me, I had enough for rank 1, got my free bag. Went and did a quest, got enough for rank2. But recieved nothing. So I dunno. But lets try to get more facts before we get on our high and mighty, "I am the only one that know the truth!" pillar.

Please.

BTW, nice job of the thread Zig.:D

EspyLacopa
07-14-2006, 07:33 AM
I want those 75% returning arrows for my ranger and rogue. . .I'd only have to buy 500 for a dungeon instead of my typical 2000! Yay!

Ziggy
07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
will update later today to show new spells.

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 09:53 AM
A collapsed portable hole is an item that can be looted from (what appears to be random) chests. A member of Darkness found a collapsed portable hole today in one of the new zones (but no I won't say which one or where). The sad thing is that the guy who looted it doesn't even have enough patronage to use it :(

Yah, I got one from VoN 5, and had the patronage to use it :)

I'm only at 1074 total favor though :(....hehe I don't think you can even hit 1750 with what we have currently.

Zzorr
07-14-2006, 10:39 AM

This is kind of misleading. The guy that REPAIRS the Collapsed Portable Holes is next to the Drow Rep outside the Harbormaster's house.

Charmazal
07-14-2006, 10:41 AM

Uh... yeah.. he's talking about the FIFTH tab, not the fourth.

Ziggy
07-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Guys lets actually not post negative things in here. People made mistakes becasue of the NPC dialog......

THe devs let us know about the mistakes.... its over lets not rehash it. I dont want this to become cube food.

Its an informative post lets keep it that way.

chrisrtld
07-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I want those 75% returning arrows for my ranger and rogue. . .I'd only have to buy 500 for a dungeon instead of my typical 2000! Yay!

They are sweet and well worth it!

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Uh... yeah.. he's talking about the FIFTH tab, not the fourth.

The whole confusion is because of a *known issue*.

Montague's Text will be changed to say:

Rank 1: "As a token of his esteem, Lord Berrigan Enge is authorizing you to carry a rare magical item in your day-to-day travels: Lang's Bag of Holding! Very handy, I must say. I should get one myself! You can now hold more items in your inventory."

Rank 2: "Lord Grospic, to his credit, is unwilling to be outdone by Berrigan's generosity. He requisitioned the services of a master enchanter, the great Ryo Silerbrow. If you bring him a damaged vessel, say a portable hole, he can repair it and make it usable. Find Ryo near Harbormaster Zinn's home."

Right now he tells you he's giving you a collapsed portable hole, which leads to immense confusion with Rank 2. It's a bug. You have to loot a collapsed portable hole. Like I said, end of story, let's get off the Coin Lords (they're not very comfortable)

Zzorr
07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Also...for people saying that the fourth inventory tab is described as a Bag of Holding by the coin lord rep, I just want to point out that he never called it a bag of holding when i talked to him. He said he was awarding me with a Portable Hole and then i looked and had a fourth inventory slot.

Ziggy
07-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Also...for people saying that the fourth inventory tab is described as a Bag of Holding by the coin lord rep, I just want to point out that he never called it a bag of holding when i talked to him. He said he was awarding me with a Portable Hole and then i looked and had a fourth inventory slot.

Aye this is a bug that made it to the known issues.

Ziggy
07-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Updated information

Dalith
07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Good job! Thanks for putting this together for everyone!!

Viglin
07-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Great work, curious, with the updated patch, has it be noted that Divine Favor and Shield been removed as buyable buffs?

Ziggy
07-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Great work, curious, with the updated patch, has it be noted that Divine Favor and Shield been removed as buyable buffs?

YEs and thank you.

Hakushi
07-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Right now he tells you he's giving you a collapsed portable hole, which leads to immense confusion with Rank 2. It's a bug. You have to loot a collapsed portable hole. Like I said, end of story, let's get off the Coin Lords (they're not very comfortable)

Any ideas where we can loot that?

Zzorr
07-14-2006, 04:24 PM

seems like they have a chance of dropping just about anywhere.

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 04:53 PM

I got one from VoN 5 last night, someone else said they got one from the new Baudry Cartamon quest. I'd say any high-ish level loot table can drop them.

Graal
07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Any higher level chests can drop Collapsed Portable Holes, but only if you use the proper method of opening chests. :rolleyes:

Rook
07-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Any higher level chests can drop Collapsed Portable Holes, but only if you use the proper method of opening chests. :rolleyes:

:eek:

Please, no more stripping for the chests........ I'll promise I'll be good. :o

Thanatos
07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Any higher level chests can drop Collapsed Portable Holes, but only if you use the proper method of opening chests. :rolleyes:Good thing I always use the special double-click method to open chests, then!

Tanka
07-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Good thing I always use the special double-click method to open chests, then!
No way, you too?

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

*dons tinfoil hat*

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 08:36 PM

omg Graal, you know this is totally gonna be taken seriously :P

Ziggy
07-14-2006, 09:19 PM

BAD Graal. BAD, now that quote is gonna stay in my sig forever.:eek:

DeVayner
07-14-2006, 09:59 PM

LOL, Now ya know there really messin with yall..its prolly the biggest office joke :)

Lyte-
07-15-2006, 03:47 AM

You are confused.

To confirm reports, we looted a Collapsed Portable Hole from Giant Caves Elite today.

Darkwolf
07-15-2006, 05:36 AM
You are confused.

To confirm reports, we looted a Collapsed Portable Hole from Giant Caves Elite today.
Now, don't start that again.

Might I suggest you read the entire thread?

Thanatos
07-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Are the collapsed portable holes bind-on-aquire or tradeable? My account has the equivalent of a Wi-flag for loot, and chests tend to screw me all all the time.

xenxes
07-15-2006, 04:45 PM

"proper method" unveiled!

you must follow this step by step, we tried it with a group of 2 people, and it worked, for both of us! :eek:

1. strip off all your armor, you must be COMPLETELY naked
2. position yourself symmetrically (on opposite ends) of the chest, position is key!
3. type /dance
4. double click the chest at the same time as all other party members, you may want to coordinate this over vchat and count 3,2,1 on 1.

tr0tsky
07-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Update for Free Agents

can buy up to +4 Thieves' Tools, Healing Kits, Repair Kits with Rank 2.

CrazySamaritan
07-15-2006, 09:17 PM
/shakes head

A year from now, there will be some of us who remember stuff like this, and newbies who come in and say, "what do you mean by the proper way of opening chests? Is there some sort of secret method?"

samho
07-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Update for Free Agents

can buy up to +4 Thieves' Tools, Healing Kits, Repair Kits with Rank 2.

+4 ? :eek:

Time to raise favor of Free Agents :-p

zipster
07-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Buffs available
Jump (+30) for 100gp

:-O:D :cool: :confused: :) :p :eek: :D :D :D

Cylinwolf
07-16-2006, 05:46 AM
This is the... Thirty-second most useful thread I've seen, the other thirty-one being mine. /cough

And Ziggy, can I pay to get Ad Space in your Sig? :P

Averla
07-16-2006, 02:50 PM
So, is there a rank 3? (at 400 favor for a house?)

apious1
07-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Has anyone gotten 1750 favor? Is it possible yet? If so, what do you get for it?

Ashkana
07-16-2006, 04:09 PM

My guild has found the foolproof way for getting awesome loot.

First, 1 member MUST be a dwarf. they must start dancing with the chest. All other party members must then start looking at the chest for ham. The last person to look for ham must run around the chest counter-clockwise 3 times. Then the same person must then open the chest.

Fool proof. Works every time, unless the last ham is a halfling.

This method was discovered by Tae and Creegan, of the fearless legions.

Ziggy
07-16-2006, 04:22 PM
This is the... Thirty-second most useful thread I've seen, the other thirty-one being mine. /cough

And Ziggy, can I pay to get Ad Space in your Sig? :P

Sure it costs 1000pp for a months worth of Ad space. Payment in advance, payment only accepted on Xoriat, cause im to lazy to play anywhere else. Void where prohibited by law...... Not available in Canada or Puerto Rico..... Only applicable in the United States.

tr0tsky
07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Has anyone gotten 1750 favor? Is it possible yet? If so, what do you get for it?

Max favor currently is 1465 + whatever you get for killing the Titan on Elite.

It's impossible to get 1750, and also not possible to hit Rank 3 with any patron (or rank 2 with Silver Flame)

Brennie
07-16-2006, 05:46 PM
It's impossible to get 1750, and also not possible to hit Rank 3 with any patron (or rank 2 with Silver Flame)

I hear if you use diplomacy on the Silver Flame rep...

t1n0m3n
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Can someone post the full text of the rank 2 chat from Montague? I am confused, because the quote below from tr0tsky doesn't fit at all as to what Montague told me when I got rank 2. I zoomed thru the text expecting to see the NPC text in my logs.... low and behold the favor NPC chat doesnt get logged like the other NPCs. :mad:

Rank 2: "Lord Grospic, to his credit, is unwilling to be outdone by Berrigan's generosity. He requisitioned the services of a master enchanter, the great Ryo Silerbrow. If you bring him a damaged vessel, say a portable hole, he can repair it and make it usable. Find Ryo near Harbormaster Zinn's home."

CrazySamaritan
07-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Max favor currently is 1465 + whatever you get for killing the Titan on Elite.You sure about that? Is that including Goodblade & low road on elite?

What about the quests that used to be normal/hard/elite that are now solo-only?

(I don't think that will get you to Famous, or rank 3 with the coin lords, but I'm curious)

GottDDO
07-16-2006, 08:19 PM
The ammo binds to the purchaser. I bought 200 +3 bolts from the vendor for 480gp. Yes, GP...
Much more cost effective, as I was paying over 800GP for 100 +1 bolts previously...

Why were you buying +1 bolts?

CrazySamaritan
07-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Okay, thanks for the info, :D

tr0tsky
07-16-2006, 08:21 PM
You sure about that? Is that including Goodblade & low road on elite?

(I don't think that will get you to Famous, or rank 3 with the coin lords, but I'm curious)

That's including Goodblade/Low Road on Elite. Having done the now solo only quests (miller's goods, etc) on higher difficulties is the same favor as doing them on solo.

Cylinwolf
07-16-2006, 09:06 PM
payment only accepted on Xoriat,

Lucky me, my overly-rich Wizard is on Xoriat.

All three missions give the exact same amount of favor.

My Wizard had done each and every quest that is now solo-only (outside Goodblades) to elite, and has 2 favor in all of them.

Thanatos
07-16-2006, 09:14 PM
All three missions give the exact same amount of favor.

My Wizard had done each and every quest that is now solo-only (outside Goodblades) to elite, and has 2 favor in all of them.What is the breakdown on Normal/Hard/Elite favor on the Goodblade and Low Road quests? Is it worth trying to get someone to make a "quest opener mule" for the purpose of upgrading them?

Averla
07-17-2006, 12:15 AM
What is the breakdown on Normal/Hard/Elite favor on the Goodblade and Low Road quests? Is it worth trying to get someone to make a "quest opener mule" for the purpose of upgrading them?

Read the quote you just quoted - they give 2 favor no matter how high level you took them when it wss possible.

tr0tsky
07-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Read the quote you just quoted - they give 2 favor no matter how high level you took them when it wss possible.

No, that's for the solo only quests (explosive situation, warder defense, arachnaphobia, etc).

Low Road, Healing Elixir, Ancient Daggers are worth 9 each on elite
Rare Scrolls is worth 6 on elite.

You have to use a somewhat cumbersome method to get them open on elite though.

Brennie
07-17-2006, 04:44 AM
No, that's for the solo only quests (explosive situation, warder defense, arachnaphobia, etc).

Low Road, Healing Elixir, Ancient Daggers are worth 9 each on elite
Rare Scrolls is worth 6 on elite.

You have to use a somewhat cumbersome method to get them open on elite though.

Is it even possible to open them on elite?

The quest has to be opened by someone that has, and has not completed, the quest. Doesn't that mean that whoever open the quest has never done it before, and is locked into opening it on normal?

EDIT: I just figured it out... a 3 party team can do it, by having person #1 open the quest *before* person 2 and 3 have gained the quest, finish the quest, then have person #2 get the quest, open it on hard, finish it, then have person 3 get the quest, finish it on elite!

Wow you're right, cumbersome! Would require a few "Sacrifical" alts too, I would wager.

Kreggor
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM

Just as an FYI, I looted a collapsed portable hole from the Haunted Library quest (level 8 normal) found in house J. So it must be a random loot option, and can be found as low as level 8 quests.

Thanatos
07-17-2006, 10:53 AM
I think this would work:

Newbie 1 picks up the Goodblade quests, and then Low Road.
Newbie 2 tags along without picking them up.
They complete them on normal.
Newbie 1 leaves the group, and Newbie 3 joins.

Newbie 2 picks up the Goodblade quests, and then Low Road.
Newbie 3 tags along without picking them up.
They complete them on Hard.
Newbie 2 leaves the group, and is replaced by a high-level that wants to upgrade to Elite.

Newbie 3 picks up a Goodblade quest and opens it on Elite. High-Level 1 goes in, and waits, then Newbie 3 logs out and comes in with High-Level 2. Up to 4 more high-levels can come in, and the group completes it.

Newbie 3 comes back, and can open the quest again, for another group of high-levels. Once everyone in the guild has it upgraded, someone helps Newbie 3 complete the quest. The process is then repeated for the other Goodblade quests, and then Low Road.

Yeah, cumbersome. It can be done with as few as 2 people, though.

Zzorr
07-17-2006, 11:07 AM
lol highly cumbersome and highly NOT worth the time for an extra 4 measly favor points for each quest.

Zyllian
07-17-2006, 11:11 AM

I did find one Last friday night in Twlight. I had enough favor after running all coin lord quests on elite that I could...

Zyllian

Zzorr
07-17-2006, 11:21 AM

Maybe this has already been covered but you dont have to pay anything to get a 4th inventory pack. That comes free at 75 Coin Lord favor. You pay 20k for the first extra bank tab at 75 favor with House K.

Ziggy
07-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe this has already been covered but you dont have to pay anything to get a 4th inventory pack. That comes free at 75 Coin Lord favor. You pay 20k for the first extra bank tab at 75 favor with House K.

covered in original post.

Zzorr
07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
covered in original post.

yeah i figured that post was OLD but someone just quoted it so...

Ziggy
07-17-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah i figured that post was OLD but someone just quoted it so...

I went back and put in a disclaimer in that post....

CrazySamaritan
07-17-2006, 07:30 PM
lol highly cumbersome and highly NOT worth the time for an extra 4 measly favor points for each quest.6, actually :D

Total favor (assuming you did on normal the first time, not solo): 20
...i think...

Zzorr
07-17-2006, 08:19 PM
6, actually :D

Total favor (assuming you did on normal the first time, not solo): 20
...i think...

well each is worth six max but i was talking about the difference between completing them on normal and elite.

tr0tsky
07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
well each is worth six max but i was talking about the difference between completing them on normal and elite.

they're worth 9 each on elite (except for rare scrolls, which is worth 6). 33 points for doing those 4 on elite.

that's about half the favor needed for a 4th inventory tab.

Zzorr
07-17-2006, 08:47 PM
they're worth 9 each on elite (except for rare scrolls, which is worth 6). 33 points for doing those 4 on elite.

that's about half the favor needed for a 4th inventory tab.

Ah. I stand corrected then. For some reason i thought they were worth 2 on Normal.

Zzorr
07-17-2006, 08:50 PM

Actually if you want to be exact the spell effect is called "Warp Time". Its much faster than Expeditious Retreat.

Thanatos
07-17-2006, 08:51 PM
lol highly cumbersome and highly NOT worth the time for an extra 4 measly favor points for each quest.It would be worth it to me, but I'm perfectionist enough to want to get every favor point possible, and patient enough to see a project like that through. Unfortunately, I don't have an open character slot on my server.

Kynn
07-18-2006, 01:06 AM
Nice list

Ziggy
07-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Nice list

Thanks

Ziggy
07-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Actually if you want to be exact the spell effect is called "Warp Time". Its much faster than Expeditious Retreat.

Updated.

Zzorr
07-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Updated.

heh..good. Now you should probly explain that its a run speed enhancement. Everyone knows what Expeditious Retreat is, but Warp Time is new. Im not sure exactly how fast it is but its much faster than EE

Epitome
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Haven't yet opened rank 2 in House J on any of my toons. What is the spell buffs they cast for rank 2? Are they the same spells you can get from House P at rank 1 like stat +4 boosts, energy resists? Thanks

Krazed
08-01-2006, 03:11 PM
heh..good. Now you should probly explain that its a run speed enhancement. Everyone knows what Expeditious Retreat is, but Warp Time is new. Im not sure exactly how fast it is but its much faster than EE

It's faster than ER but slower than Haste. No idea of the %, just thought I'd throw that out there.

tr0tsky
08-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Haven't yet opened rank 2 in House J on any of my toons. What is the spell buffs they cast for rank 2? Are they the same spells you can get from House P at rank 1 like stat +4 boosts, energy resists? Thanks

The spells listed for House J Rank 1 are actually for Rank 1 *and* 2. House J rep is somewhat useless atm, but Aid is nice.

It's faster than ER but slower than Haste. No idea of the %, just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm pretty sure it's faster than Haste.

Krazed
08-01-2006, 03:15 PM
The spells listed for House J Rank 1 are actually for Rank 1 *and* 2. House J rep is somewhat useless atm, but Aid is nice.

It's possible that once you unlock rank 2 that the spells cast at a higher level. I don't have House J Rank 2 unlocked, but it might be worth testing to anyone who does.

tr0tsky
08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
It's possible that once you unlock rank 2 that the spells cast at a higher level. I don't have House J Rank 2 unlocked, but it might be worth testing to anyone who does.

hrm..I think they're all the same. Duration is definitely the same. How much temporary hp do you get with Aid currently?

Ziggy
08-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Bump for the general public.

Arronaz
08-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Doing a bump, Ziggy, but also making a question:

Anyone knows what level a quest must be to randomly reward you a Collapsed Portable Hole?

I know a guildie got one at Three-Barrel Cove, but he wasnt smart enough to remember which quest and which difficulty.

ColsonJade
08-11-2006, 09:05 AM
I just got my first rank in House K. I talked to the guy the mail said to. He told me to talk to the bank manager. Now I'm apperately to stupid because I just can't find the bank manager (It was like 1 in the morning though). Can anyone let me know where the manager is so I can gladly give him my money?

Thanks

Darg
08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm the bank manager, give it to me...

Talk to any one of the bank "tellers" they have an option to upgrade your bank account.

EspyLacopa
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I just got my first rank in House K. I talked to the guy the mail said to. He told me to talk to the bank manager. Now I'm apperately to stupid because I just can't find the bank manager (It was like 1 in the morning though). Can anyone let me know where the manager is so I can gladly give him my money?

Thanks

The bank managers are in the bank.

There's a bank in House Kundarak as well as one in the Marketplace.

ColsonJade
08-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Hmm, I had talked to a teller but didn't get another option. I'll have to double check it. Thanks.

tr0tsky
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Hmm, I had talked to a teller but didn't get another option. I'll have to double check it. Thanks.

When you look at your bank account, there's a button to "Upgrade" at the bottom. Click that to get your extra tab. It's not a conversation option.

ColsonJade
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks!

Alavatar
08-17-2006, 08:50 AM
I just recently obtained house J rank 1 favor and the only spells offered are:

Bless
Shield of Faith
Remove Fear

Ziggy
08-23-2006, 08:26 AM
ANyone have rank 2 with the silver flame yet?

tr0tsky
08-23-2006, 08:44 AM
ANyone have rank 2 with the silver flame yet?

Still not attainable, which I thought was amusing. "Gain Favor with the Silver Flame....but not enough to actually get anything"

Dane_McArdy
08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Wow, that pendant sounds pretty darn cool!

Does the trinket need to be worn? If so, isn't that a tad bit unfair to us caster, whos trinket slot is carrying 25-100 of our SP? (Thus a trinket swap causes us to lose a considerable amount of SP and need to hit a tavern... also making it not possible to use this trinket between a tavern and quest, without sacrificing the SP again)

No, once you cast the time warp, you can remove it. Besides it only works in city areas.

Alavatar
08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Does anyone else think the Devs watched a little too much Rocky Horror Picture Show? I mean, the whole Time Warp amulet and the singing and the dancing...

CrazySamaritan
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Monty Python....

Tanka
08-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Monty Python....
Nope. "Let's do the time warp again" is Rocky Horror.

CrazySamaritan
08-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Yes, but the Dancing in Quest for the Holy Grail during the Knights of Camelot song is also similar to how human males dance in DDO.

Grimmlock
08-24-2006, 10:34 AM
I have recently looted one in stormcleave on hard

Bian
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Bump

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Bump

No more bumping needed. Ive been stickied.

Viglin
09-06-2006, 11:53 AM
No more bumping needed. Ive been stickied.

eeeew, need some wipes>:D

TheSwamper
09-06-2006, 01:03 PM
"proper method" unveiled!

you must follow this step by step, we tried it with a group of 2 people, and it worked, for both of us! :eek:

1. strip off all your armor, you must be COMPLETELY naked
2. position yourself symmetrically (on opposite ends) of the chest, position is key!
3. type /dance
4. double click the chest at the same time as all other party members, you may want to coordinate this over vchat and count 3,2,1 on 1.

Sadly, some of my friends asked me to do this the other day. And we weren't even playing DDO. :eek:

Riddikulus
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I just recently obtained house J rank 1 favor and the only spells offered are:

Bless
Shield of Faith
Remove Fear

I noticed this too... and it appears you can't take more than one at a time.

Xanthrawl
09-15-2006, 08:41 AM
I would not mind starting over any of my characters under 1 condition:
I don't want to "Delete" them. I want to "reset" them. I want to keep all gear, all items, all favor. I just want to go back to level 1, and reassign ability points, skill points, and feats.

Perhaps the reset feature could come through favor? Or maybe cost money? I have over 1300 favor on my main, and a dragon item on an alt. What am I supposed to do? Forget about the fact that I had to run the dragon 13 times to get that loot and reroll anyway? I'm sorry, but that is not going to happen.

DJNsomniac
09-15-2006, 08:46 AM
yup it is and stacks with practically EVERYTHING. you should see my ranger when he is hasted, has longstrider, his action boost and the trinket on. HOOOOLY **** he runs fast.

also stacks with striding boots and barb run speed.

it's just freaking insane, who needs those stupid teleporters from house to house when you run that fast lol.

Theboz
09-24-2006, 03:10 PM
yup it is and stacks with practically EVERYTHING. you should see my ranger when he is hasted, has longstrider, his action boost and the trinket on. HOOOOLY **** he runs fast.

also stacks with striding boots and barb run speed.

it's just freaking insane, who needs those stupid teleporters from house to house when you run that fast lol.

20% striding boots+Barb speed boost(30sec)+trinket+haste=Scarlet Speedster(the Flash)

JarvisW
09-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Ok, this one I've double checked...

Silver Flame lvl 2 Reclaimed:

Remove Curse: 200gp
Remove Disease: 200gp
Remove Blindness: 200gp (how can you find him to get cured? lol)
Restoration: 300gp
Heal: 500gp

EDIT: From any tavern rep.

monkeypox
10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Yes, you do need to equip the pendant but only to cast the time warp effect. After you cast it you can put your other trinket back on and the time effect will remain. Time warp effect will stay on so you can go to the tavern and recover your spell points and carry-on to your questing:) Also, the effect will even stay on after you log out and log back in. It will only stop as soon as you enter a none freindly area. hope that helps:D It's awesome to have for getting around ;)

Chayara
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Some are mixed, most are straightforward. Most Harbor quests give you Coin Lord faction, and each quest inside a House gives you faction with that House.

But at the same time, STK gives you Coin Lord faction, and the Catacombs quest gives you Silver Flame faction.

Unfortunately, not all house quests give you favor within the house that you got the quest in. It's tricky that way. :confused: Just make sure you check your adventure compendium (sp?) before you go in a quest if you are trying to work on a specific group. :)

Ziggy
11-01-2006, 08:09 AM
updated with Total favor rank 2.

looking for name of person for free agent favor rank 3.

Valnac
11-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Ok, I'm just trying to make sure I understand this. If you max out one character to the 1750 faction, how does 32 point buy go off? Does only THAT character get to redo their stats using 32 point buy? If you make a NEW character, but keep the one that got to 1750, does the NEW character get the 32 point buy? Is the character that unlocked the 1750 faction reward left out of the 32 point by reward, but all new characters get it at creation? Thanks for replies.

Riddikulus
11-11-2006, 10:22 AM
If you make a NEW character, but keep the one that got to 1750, does the NEW character get the 32 point buy?
Yes. You probably don't even have to keep the 1750 character once the reward is awarded, but I'd be too chicken to find out.

Is the character that unlocked the 1750 faction reward left out of the 32 point by reward, but all new characters get it at creation?
Yes.

Bizbag
11-12-2006, 02:56 PM
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that once a character achieved 400 favor, his account on that server was flagged as unlocking Drow, and the character could potentially be deleted. I am not certain if this is the same for the 32 point build. Is there anyone who knows?

Ziggy
11-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that once a character achieved 400 favor, his account on that server was flagged as unlocking Drow, and the character could potentially be deleted. I am not certain if this is the same for the 32 point build. Is there anyone who knows?

did you read the first post?

Thanatos
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
did you read the first post?It just says what the reward is, it doesn't say whether the reward will go away if you delete the character that obtains the 1750 favor.

In my case, my main character has the most favor, but is also the one I would most want to upgrade, so it would be nice to have a dev actually check and see if the 32 point-buy persists when the 1750 favor character is deleted.

Bizbag
11-12-2006, 05:55 PM
As a matter of fact, yes, I did read the first post, but that post does not answer my question. My question was, once you unlock "Drow" at 400 favor and "32 point build" at 1750, can the character that previously achieved this favor be deleted and rerolled, with the new, unlocked privileges, or must the character be maintained?

ffemtchris
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
I have 175/150 Coin Lord favor (adds up as well).
1. Can't seem to get portable hole repaired (tells me I need more favor) for fifth backpack spot.
2. Shouldn't this be 175/400?

Should I submit a GM or Dev bug report?

PurdueDave
11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
1. Can't seem to get portable hole repaired (tells me I need more favor) for fifth backpack spot.

Probably need to talk to Montague to advance the favor rank. It doesn't happen automatically.

mrtreats
11-27-2006, 08:03 PM

I love noobs i get to laugh since we know ya have to talk to them the first time i would guess ya have to the second time :)

Matuse
12-17-2006, 08:02 AM
So with the new quests that just came out, are any of them Silver Flame? And are they enough to push Silver Flame up to the next level?

Thanatos
12-17-2006, 10:51 AM
So with the new quests that just came out, are any of them Silver Flame? And are they enough to push Silver Flame up to the next level?
None are Silver Flame... next update will be, though.

Cashiry
01-05-2007, 01:50 AM
A guildie stumbled across this today, not sure if anyone else has seen it...

Rep: Reckard Soul, Expert Accessory Repair
Favor Needed: Unknown, but if I were to guess I'd say 400

What his dialouge says:

"The name's Reckard, the master artificer for House Phiarlan. My employees and I can repair most small magical items and articles of clothing; jewlery, boots, rings, whatever. But like I said, I'm a master artificer... I won't patch a tear or fix a broken clasp unless you're willing to pay a premium. My apprentice can do it for cheap but she's new at this and is prone to the ocasional mishap."

Cashiry, Company of the Blind Dragon---Sarlona

Ziggy
01-05-2007, 08:21 AM
A guildie stumbled across this today, not sure if anyone else has seen it...

Rep: Reckard Soul, Expert Accessory Repair
Favor Needed: Unknown, but if I were to guess I'd say 400

What his dialouge says:

"The name's Reckard, the master artificer for House Phiarlan. My employees and I can repair most small magical items and articles of clothing; jewlery, boots, rings, whatever. But like I said, I'm a master artificer... I won't patch a tear or fix a broken clasp unless you're willing to pay a premium. My apprentice can do it for cheap but she's new at this and is prone to the ocasional mishap."

Cashiry, Company of the Blind Dragon---Sarlona

Updated

Argus_Kos
01-07-2007, 04:29 AM
The Portable Hole is a tavern that high level mages can go to using the teleport spell. You can bind there and also buy reagents and all manner of things. Plus there's a mailbox inside. A pretty kewl place when I went there.

I didn't see any players there while I stood there chatting to guildies about 30 minutes or so before the servers went down again. But it is a kewl place I'd reccomend for all high level wizards.

High level? Whats that? There is some other level above 12? (the standard level for 'toons that have been around for more than 3 weeks):p

Thanatos
01-07-2007, 06:49 AM
High level? Whats that? There is some other level above 12? (the standard level for 'toons that have been around for more than 3 weeks):pAh, jaded already? It seems like just a couple weeks ago you were asking around for someone to give you a cookie-cutter raid build. Now you're telling long-time players to "shoo" if they should be so bold as to make a warforged character, and here you're trying to brag about your levelling speed. Get over yourself or go back to WoW already.

Ziggy
01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
A bump so i can find this later.:D

Ziggy
01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Updated 2nd tier silver flame reward

Thanatos
01-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Updated 2nd tier silver flame reward
So, does it also give you the ability to regain per-day clicks in town? If all it does is bump up HP and SP regen, that seems pretty blah.

DemonMage
01-13-2007, 06:40 PM
That would be a really nice addition to the reward, or just in general =-p

Ziggy
01-13-2007, 07:16 PM
So, does it also give you the ability to regain per-day clicks in town? If all it does is bump up HP and SP regen, that seems pretty blah.
From here.

It seems like thats all it does. However its a permanent affect thats you dont need an inventory spot for.
http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83791

It doesn't take an inventory slot. The Silver Flame Symbol functions like a potion to place the Blessing of the Silver Flame on the character. Use it once and its gone. The Blessing stays forever. Theoretically forever anyway. I left a provision for getting another Symbol if some wacky circumstance removes the Blessing.

Brincks
01-20-2007, 02:10 PM

The ammo merely binds because they don't want people without enough favor getting the ammo. My dad has the required favor and says you get more for your money with house D, but since you could make a whole buisness outta D arrows he couldn't give any to me. It's great for him (His main is a Ranger 7/ rogue 1). I'm only level 5 but i'm close to more favor (next rank), I am going to do favor runs there. People who were saying it's a wiast of money to buy returing to save inventory space.. it saves money, because 3/4 of the House D returning ammo you shoot comes back, therefore you don't have to buy as much new ammo :-)

Ziggy
02-20-2007, 03:53 PM
The ammo merely binds because they don't want people without enough favor getting the ammo. My dad has the required favor and says you get more for your money with house D, but since you could make a whole buisness outta D arrows he couldn't give any to me. It's great for him (His main is a Ranger 7/ rogue 1). I'm only level 5 but i'm close to more favor (next rank), I am going to do favor runs there. People who were saying it's a wiast of money to buy returing to save inventory space.. it saves money, because 3/4 of the House D returning ammo you shoot comes back, therefore you don't have to buy as much new ammo :-)
Aye its nice for my barbarian to not waste space on extra arrows. I cant imagine how helpfull it would be for a ranger.

Ziggy
03-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Updated with Mod 4 info

The Chamber
Rewards:
- Rank 1: no info at this time

ZexionII
03-25-2007, 07:42 PM
The reward for The Chamber rank 1 is, afaik (check the Risia forum) the choice between a Siberys Dragonshard or a Collapsed Portable Hole.

_Zexion

Ziggy
03-28-2007, 08:09 AM
The reward for The Chamber rank 1 is, afaik (check the Risia forum) the choice between a Siberys Dragonshard or a Collapsed Portable Hole.

_Zexion
updated.

The Chamber
Rewards:
- Rank 1: Your choice of a Dragon shard or portable hole
- Rank 2: Feat: Draconic Vitality(Increases Your Maximum Hit Points by 10)

Ziggy
04-15-2007, 08:53 AM
updated.

Ziggy
06-15-2007, 09:06 AM
well no new updates but i figured this should be somewhere people can see it.:D

kingzero
06-29-2007, 07:41 AM
To answer a few questions:

When your first character reaches 400 total favor and is available to unlock the Drow Character Option from Nyx you can delete the original character and still keep making Drow.

When your first character reaches 1750 favor and is available to unlock the 32 point buy characters (excluding Drow) it seems you are able to delete the orignial character and still retain your 32 point buy system.

How do I know?

I drink to much and thought it grand to delete my original character.

Further proof I drink to much:

Leveled a 14th level Barbarian at the wrong trainer. (Bard...Barbarian whats the difference?)

I had no issues with not having 32 point buy anymore. It could be just me though.

Ziggy
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
looks around.... ok this thread is still here.

Cashiry
10-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Anyone find out wht the 400 Favor for Silver Flame gets ya yet?

I'm 2 points short, with a couple quest I can do yet on elite. If no one responds, I will post same after I get the 2 favor points I need, when I get home from work today.

Lost_Leader
10-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Anyone find out wht the 400 Favor for Silver Flame gets ya yet?

I'm 2 points short, with a couple quest I can do yet on elite. If no one responds, I will post same after I get the 2 favor points I need, when I get home from work today.

400 favor for silver flame allows you to purchase a few goodies from the Silver Flame Armorer. There is a new npc shopkeeper standing next to the Silver Flame folks in front of the catacombs, once you get your 400 favor you can purchase 4 new items.

1- 100 +1 Ghost Touch Silver Flame Arrows. These are +1, Silver, Ghost Touch arrows, base value is 300gp.

2- 100 +1 Silver Flame Arrows of Lesser Undead Bane. These are +1, Silver and have Lesser Undead Bane, base value is 300gp.

3- Silver Flame Lesser Healing Potion. This potion will heal you for 100 HP and reduce all of your stats by ten for 30 seconds. This could make you helpless, or in the case of low con, it could kill you. It is great for a between fight heal. I have also experienced drinking this potion in a city area, the first time after a death, and I got the message: "A good rest has removed 222 points of XP debt. You suffer 24 points of damage from Disintigrate. You attempt to save versus Disintigrate. You roll an 8 (+39): save!" I tried to replicate this effect but wasn't able to. It was after I had logged in, so that is possible to have had an effect? dunno.

4- Silver Flame Healing Potion. This potion will heal you 250 HP, reduce all stats by 10 for 30 seconds, and slow you for 30 seconds. The Bse value is 4,000gp.

Cashiry
10-04-2007, 07:30 AM
400 favor for silver flame allows you to purchase a few goodies from the Silver Flame Armorer. There is a new npc shopkeeper standing next to the Silver Flame folks in front of the catacombs, once you get your 400 favor you can purchase 4 new items.

thanks for the info

Ziggy
10-07-2007, 06:54 PM

Thanks. will update in a minute or two.

~Jules921
01-05-2008, 06:21 AM
This should really be stickied. Re-reading it for the umpteenth time.

Jules

Glenalth
01-05-2008, 05:25 PM
This should really be stickied. Re-reading it for the umpteenth time.

Jules

There is no sticky in this forum. They're referenced through the game guide post instead, which this one already is.

Angelus_dead
02-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Proper method... proof

ivarthevic
02-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Great thread.

Udinthrik
11-17-2009, 03:17 PM
any updated version of this anywhere?

Tanka
11-17-2009, 03:18 PM
About halfway down the page. (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155251)

szaijan
07-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Seems like they've move Capshaw the Crier, or at least I can't find him near the Leaky Dinghy today on Argo. Anyone know if and where he was moved?

EDIT: Found him standing on a soap box, doing his job, just above Scrag's Sewer at the South edge of the zone.

houxer1
07-17-2010, 04:26 PM
anyone else get to 400 favor with coin lords and get nothing as well?

Dogonor
12-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi all,

I dont find Jaiden Ironforge in harbor, i don't know it exist or not, (removed in any update).
Anyone help me about this?

Thanks for attention, sorry about my english.