PDA

View Full Version : Update 38 Content Preview March 27th-29th

Cocomajobo
03-23-2018, 05:41 PM
We are excited to announce that we are on schedule to release the second preview of Update 38 next week from Tuesday March 27th through Thursday March 29th. As always, preview dates are flexible as we assess on Monday whether the preview candidate build is stable and contains no blocker issues. We will have release notes for you sometime next week but for the time being here are the key features that this second preview is expected to contain:

The new adventure pack "Disciples of Rage" containing 5 new dungeons (Heroic Level 14, Legendary Level 31)
The named items from Update 38 (I hear you like helms?)
A new, very updated from the last time it was available for preview, Artificer Renegade Mastermaker tree
A, slightly less updated than the Artificer tree, updated Druid pass
Some other things!

I would like to bring to everyone's attention that this preview will feature the debut dungeon from our newest Content Designer: KookieKobold. After years of testing other people's broken features he has moved on to gift me and all of you fine people his very own dungeons. I would appreciate it if you would all join us and make sure to be as mean as possible during a dev event from 8-10 PM Eastern with KookieKobold and myself.

Vorachtin
03-23-2018, 06:48 PM
We are excited to announce that we are on schedule to release the second preview of Update 38 next week from Tuesday March 27th through Thursday March 29th. As always, preview dates are flexible as we assess on Monday whether the preview candidate build is stable and contains no blocker issues. We will have release notes for you sometime next week but for the time being here are the key features that this second preview is expected to contain:

The new adventure pack "Disciples of Rage" containing 5 new dungeons (Heroic Level 14, Legendary Level 31)
A new, very updated from the last time it was available for preview, Artificer Renegade Mastermaker tree
Some other things!

I would like to bring to everyone's attention that this preview will feature the debut dungeon from our newest Content Designer: KookieKobold. After years of testing other people's broken features he has moved on to gift me and all of you fine people his very own dungeons. I would appreciate it if you would all join us and make sure to be as mean as possible during a dev event from 8-10 PM Eastern with KookieKobold and myself.

Such a tease!

Cocomajobo
03-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Such a tease!

Consider this the: “Oh, they are doing a preview next week. I guess I’ll try not to schedule anything on one of those nights so I can spend a couple hours checking out the new dungeons.” post. Not meant to be in depth, just meant to be up front about scheduling because we know everyone’s lives can’t revolve around our little game. =]

PsychoBlonde
03-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Consider this the: “Oh, they are doing a preview next week. I guess I’ll try not to schedule anything on one of those nights so I can spend a couple hours checking out the new dungeons.” post. Not meant to be in depth, just meant to be up front about scheduling because we know everyone’s lives can’t revolve around our little game. =]

Coco, this entire sentence could have been stated with the phrase "save the date". XD

zehnvhex
03-23-2018, 09:39 PM

I am prepared:

https://i.imgur.com/Oa55Yp0.png

QuantumFX
03-23-2018, 10:56 PM
Somewhere in Boston is a bus with a bloodstain on the front bumper.

edrein
03-24-2018, 04:24 AM

I'm hoping with a name like that there are going to be some unique item effects tailored around rage use.
Yay for new helms.
Slightly less updated? There is still plenty of issues with the druid pass, not even speaking from a QA perspective of bugs. Please tell me that the feedback given for last preview was thoroughly examined and considered.

thomascoolone64
03-25-2018, 11:56 AM
Watch it be like opened sometime monday and it ends up closing friday... ;)

Shikagami16
03-26-2018, 02:01 AM
I'm hoping with a name like that there are going to be some unique item effects tailored around rage use.
Yay for new helms.
Slightly less updated? There is still plenty of issues with the druid pass, not even speaking from a QA perspective of bugs. Please tell me that the feedback given for last preview was thoroughly examined and considered.

I agree. I was excited for the druid pass and it was somewhat upsetting, the bear tree didnt have nearly
enough prr as I was hoping for but I was glad about the rage that was kinda cool but the draw backs are
that bear tree (I was running a con to dmg build with 2800 standing hp) isn't end game liable I was dying
fairly quickly due to lack of prr or dodge rather then hp and unless u heavily invest in their 5 of barb u didnt
have any healing other then a full heal after 2 minutes due to the rage(that only lasted a minute) I hope
this "less updated druid pass" fixed At least those issues if not I don't see alot of people playing druid for
anything over lol 26 content yet alone reaper where u have over 2k go and u die in a few hits at reaper 2 or

Seikojin
03-26-2018, 11:23 AM

Some other things!

QA made dungeons?!

Ok, Im'a try a stab at predicting some things...
No ladders
No nooks for enemies to get stuck in
No hitching traps
No air jets
No instant death zones that pop in and out

:D So a bug free experience!

DeltaBravo
03-26-2018, 12:26 PM

Some other things!

Is the dev event all the days ?

KookieKobold
03-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Is the dev event all the days ?

Nope! Just Wednesday.

Coco asked just before he posted that, confirmed it would be on Wednesday... then just didn't put it in there.

Yamani
03-26-2018, 02:34 PM
Nope! Just Wednesday.

Coco asked just before he posted that, confirmed it would be on Wednesday... then just didn't put it in there.

So are you going to still be QA or fully moving to Content Designer and just gotta update forum handle?

PS: Looking forward to trying out your quest!

Gratch
03-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Nope! Just Wednesday.

So KookieKobold is making dungeon(s?) but the forum tag still says Quality Assurance. Is this because:

KK's a damn fine QA and QA can't go without 'em - but KK had a great idea for this one dungeon so we let 'em put it in.
KK is a content designer full time now but forgot to update their forum tag.
KK's doing two jobs and collecting two paychecks! (in that we've split their salary in half but they gets two checks and/or two paystubs)
What you don't think the Quality team can do dungeons bub? You got some sort of problems with title identity not allowed to be fluid in many cases? You gonna start messing with the Kobold union?!?

Edit: Hmmm... this was already asked... but I've provided choices to assist with efficient answering.

DeltaBravo
03-27-2018, 04:13 AM
Nope! Just Wednesday.

'
TY kookieKobold.. Ill see you tomorrow.!

Why are tall persons so stubid? Kobold affraid it might be contagious !

PsychoBlonde
03-27-2018, 10:27 AM
I agree. I was excited for the druid pass and it was somewhat upsetting, the bear tree didnt have nearly
enough prr as I was hoping for but I was glad about the rage that was kinda cool but the draw backs are
that bear tree (I was running a con to dmg build with 2800 standing hp) isn't end game liable I was dying
fairly quickly due to lack of prr or dodge rather then hp and unless u heavily invest in their 5 of barb u didnt
have any healing other then a full heal after 2 minutes due to the rage(that only lasted a minute) I hope
this "less updated druid pass" fixed At least those issues if not I don't see alot of people playing druid for
anything over lol 26 content yet alone reaper where u have over 2k go and u die in a few hits at reaper 2 or

You are aware that you can repeatedly cast Greater Vigor on yourself *before* you rage to stack up heals over time, right?

wmdearmond
03-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Is Lammania going to open soon?

MistaMagic
03-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Is Lammania going to open soon?

I would assume at the same time as all the other servers

rmstevens
03-27-2018, 11:05 AM
still on for today ?

Vorachtin
03-27-2018, 11:35 AM
any chance on release notes while we wait on lam to come up?

cru121
03-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Are we there yet?

thomascoolone64
03-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Are we there yet?

I Second this..

thomascoolone64
03-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Check your Clients!!

Seikojin
03-27-2018, 03:03 PM
still on for today ?

Looks like a no.

rmstevens
03-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Still no go !

Matuse
03-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Is there a rough estimate for when this is supposed to go live? Next week? 3 weeks? Obviously things can change depending on stuff found on Lamma-land, but curious what the basic timetable is expected to be.

AMADHA
03-31-2018, 11:30 PM
We are excited to announce that we are on schedule to release the second preview of Update 38 next week from Tuesday March 27th through Thursday March 29th. As always, preview dates are flexible as we assess on Monday whether the preview candidate build is stable and contains no blocker issues.
Thanks for the notice. This was the first time in a very long time that I got the notice BEFORE the preview was closed. (You send out notifications of updates to this thread via email and most of the time I was getting them late. So thanks.) Got to play the first two quests of the series before I got the "closing in one hour" last call message. Sigh.