PDA

View Full Version : non instanced adventure areas with rare NPC

valkrei
03-22-2018, 11:59 AM
It would be awesome to have outdoor bosses that people fight over to kill first. Not sure if DDO wants to go there but I always loved trying to get a group together to kill something before another group could.

Saekee
03-22-2018, 03:22 PM
could you be more specific?

Sunnie
03-24-2018, 03:13 AM
I think we have that in Crystal Cove when that event happens. It's a public area with combat enabled and sometimes red-named mobs spawn among the normal ones.

C-Dog
03-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Talking about a single shared instance where everyone has the same named boss to kill, and the first person/party to kill it gets credit, and the others have to wait for it to respawn.

At which time, the insta-kill a-hole who's parked there to grief everyone will kill it again, just because they can, rinse, repeat, ad boredum.

No thanks.

Lonnbeimnech
03-24-2018, 12:31 PM
Talking about a single shared instance where everyone has the same named boss to kill, and the first person/party to kill it gets credit, and the others have to wait for it to respawn.

At which time, the insta-kill a-hole who's parked there to grief everyone will kill it again, just because they can, rinse, repeat, ad boredum.

No thanks.

Kinda reminds me of just about every other MMO.

Camping a spot until someone with a better internet connection steals it. then log off annoyed.