PDA

View Full Version : real easy and quick fix, gargantuan barbarian qol improvement

Valerianus
03-19-2018, 04:39 PM
You know, i've always liked that word, "gargantuan", and i so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence.

short version:

barbarian FB cores, Frenzy and Death Frenzy, increase duration from 60 secs to 600 secs, just add a zero :)

long version:

barbarian trees are a bit messy. i'm not asking for big changes atm since you are doing other stuff (fixing long broken\forgotten p2p classes and\or their features, nice direction btw). But, about the cores, i stress, core enhancements, Frenzy and Death Frenzy, they just turn the "barb experience" in some clickfest. it's just wrong having barbs to activate some core enhancement feature every minute, it should be a perma bonus or a stance. but as i said, please, pretty please, i guess it's a real quick change, let this slip in the next update. just this gargantuan little change.

Thanks.

tafla421
03-19-2018, 06:21 PM
You know, i've always liked that word, "gargantuan", and i so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence.

short version:

barbarian FB cores, Frenzy and Death Frenzy, increase duration from 60 secs to 600 secs, just add a zero :)

long version:

barbarian trees are a bit messy. i'm not asking for big changes atm since you are doing other stuff (fixing long broken\forgotten p2p classes and\or their features, nice direction btw). But, about the cores, i stress, core enhancements, Frenzy and Death Frenzy, they just turn the "barb experience" in some clickfest. it's just wrong having barbs to activate some core enhancement feature every minute, it should be a perma bonus or a stance. but as i said, please, pretty please, i guess it's a real quick change, let this slip in the next update. just this gargantuan little change.

Thanks.

exactly how I feel about barbarians. and if you have to keep the activation cost then just make it tick off every 30-45 seconds. it gets bothersome continually reapplying frenzy and death frenzy. as a matter of fact please remove the need to constantly spam skills/abilities that have cool down timers shorter than or equal to the buff duration. just make them toggles or passive bonuses.

Dulcimerist
03-20-2018, 06:23 PM
I often find myself not even clicking on those two much anymore, just because I'd rather be killing things than clicking things. My fingers are too busy spamming three different kinds of cleaves!

Please at least make the Frenzy and Death Frenzy last as long as my Rages, and then I can active all three and run in swinging my greataxe around. :)

Another option would be to make Frenzy and Death Frenzy act as a metamagic type of modifier on Rages. Toggle them on, and whenever you Rage, you automagically pay the HP cost and get their effects added to your Rage. This would be absolutely amazing, and would make things simple for our simple "Me smash kobold in face with axe!" barbarian minds!

Valerianus
03-21-2018, 03:57 PM
yes, exactly what both of you are saying, it feels like a bothersome spam, often forgotten or delayed because you have more important things to do. like, dps lol. and it's totally bothersome to check that 60 secs timer. and you have already a lot of stuff to activate. we agree it should be a perma bonus, or somewhat tied to the basic rage. but since a barb pass is not on the radar, and the devs are not doing major changes unless they do a major update to the class (i agree), i am going to repeat myself, please, just up the duration to 600 secs, leave the cooldown as is, 30 secs, (a fake perma that's not wearing off during combat) this will be enough atm to make a lot of people happy. a small request, doable anytime (i guess). oh, and the activation cost, let's be real, stuff from the past that should be deleted, don't tell me upping the duration will break some balance :)

Qhualor
03-21-2018, 04:09 PM
I was sort of against this years ago when someone brought up a similar suggestion. ultimately we lost the grunting that went with the frenzy, which I actually do miss a lot. now I'm ok with a toggle or permanent. my barb has a bar and a half of nothing but stuff to click and I too forget to hit the Frenzies or its a waste of click if I just hit something else that would just kill the mob I'm fighting. it sounds like an easy thing to do, but I doubt any serious consideration would be done with caster passes coming up.

Valerianus
03-24-2018, 02:38 PM
"it sounds like an easy thing to do, but I doubt any serious consideration would be done with caster passes coming up"

i agree, that's why i'm not proposing a real change but a workaround, just mod 2 values, it can slip in any patch. i guess.

Valerianus
05-23-2018, 03:19 PM
bump

because it seems like Lynnabell is back and please help me Obi Lynn Kenobi, you are my only hope.

unbongwah
05-23-2018, 03:27 PM
I always thought these two should just be toggles. Vicious / Greater Vicious are the HP "tax" you pay to use them; there's no need for an extra HP cost to activate them as well, IMO. Plus I think of barbs as a beginner melee class, with fewer buttons to push than e.g. monks or fighters.

Darius1680
05-23-2018, 03:45 PM
I'm all for anything that removes clicking.Some stuff is just too click intensive.

Valerianus
05-24-2018, 02:01 PM
thanks people, it feels like this thread is a "one way or another, we all agree" wonder, a sort of miracle in a MMO forum. (OMG)

please devs stop the clickfest.

Duhboy
05-31-2018, 08:05 PM

short version:

long version:

Thanks.

Frenzy and Death Frenzy should be a toggle on stance. And make Death Frenzy +1 crit multiplier on a 19 and 20 to a straight +1 competence bonus to crit multiplier when death frenzy toggle is active.

Barbarians should be the most brute damage class in the game because they don't really have anything else to fall back on, imo.

Annex
05-31-2018, 09:49 PM
Wait. Barbarians now want to be Gargantuan Barbarians? Goodness gracious. Just how big does your axe need to be?

Valerianus
06-15-2018, 05:02 PM
yes, barbarians should be the most brute damage class because, well, barbarians?! it's in the name.

And an axe is never too big. we want more.

Valerianus
07-11-2018, 07:53 AM
bump cause u39 relevance

Niminae
07-11-2018, 08:56 AM
thanks people, it feels like this thread is a "one way or another, we all agree" wonder, a sort of miracle in a MMO forum. (OMG)

please devs stop the clickfest.

Noooooo!!!! We must have click fests!

Blinking in Morse code: I have a gun to my head, please help.

If clicks are reduced the game will be ruined.

Blinking in Morse code: Seriously, send in the SWAT team.

I needs my clicks to function.

Blinking in Morse code: Do you know how hard it is to blink 'SWAT' in Morse code? Much less the single quotes... And the multiple periods indicating a training off. Oh, come on now! Just break down the door already.

Niminae
07-11-2018, 08:56 AM

Settle down, Mamba.

Valerianus
07-14-2018, 05:05 PM
i like your Morse.