PDA

View Full Version : Question on Lesser TR using two +5 Lesser Heroic Hearts of Wood.

TheDarkTraveler
03-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Greets All,
I have a toon currently at level 10 that I would like to Lesser TR to a different class. He has 12 lives on him so I'd like to not lose him. As there are no +10 Lesser Hearts of Wood, my question is this, can I use 2 +5 Lesser Hearts? I think I can do levels 1-5 using one heart, wait 3 days, then do levels 6-10 with the other. However, I've never used anything larger than a single +3 so I'd like to get some advise or feedback.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

xCataluna
03-15-2018, 04:50 PM
The short answer is, yes, you can do that.
The long answer is depending on current and desired class splits, it could get messy.

What's his current build, and what are you aiming for?

TheDarkTraveler
03-15-2018, 04:55 PM
He's a single class, a monk, without any class splits. I would lesser TR him to a single class cleric (which was what I intended to do in the first place but monk sounded like soooo much fun).

Right now +5 lesser hearts are on sale in the DDO store so the timing is right to save a few TP.

HungarianRhapsody
03-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Mostly yes. Sometimes there can be alignment restrictions and you can't ever have more than 3 classes "floating" in your build.

Once upon a time, you could deal with the alignment restrictions and make something like a Barbarian Monk (YOU HAVE ALL THE RUN SPEED!) with a Tome of alignment change, but that was turned off, unfortunately.

Post your current alignment and your current classes and what you want to end up with and we'll take a look to make sure there won't be anything stopping you. If you have something that adds restrictions (like Warlock pacts), make sure to mention them.

Edit: since you already put up the info while I was typing - single class Monk to single class Cleric is 100% fine. Going the other way is 100% fine as long as you're already lawful.

C-Dog
03-15-2018, 05:01 PM
He's a single class, a monk, without any class splits... monk sounded like soooo much fun).
No chance you could just power through to 20 and to a HR? Lots of benefits from doing that, and it can be fast enough if you ignore most everything else and just focus on that goal.

o Past Life benefit (+1 to damage),
o More build points (if you're not there already)
o +2 Tome
o Misc. Loot
o DDO Points from Favor
o RXP to add to next life
o other stuff
o non-cleric Destiny opened

And that's without really trying to chase anything.

TheDarkTraveler
03-15-2018, 05:08 PM
No chance you could just power through to 20 and to a HR? Lots of benefits from doing that, and it can be fast enough if you ignore most everything else and just focus on that goal.

o Past Life benefit (+1 to damage),
o More build points (if you're not there already)
o +2 Tome
o Misc. Loot
o DDO Points from Favor
o RXP to add to next life
o other stuff
o non-cleric Destiny opened

And that's without really trying to chase anything.

You have good points but I really don't like playing this class. Despite everything I've read, especially Syncletica's Monk Guide which is excellent, monk just isn't my play style. Add to that, at least on Khyber, folks are running mostly reaper levels and I get trashed frequently.

My original plan was to get another cleric life and spec him for healing in reaper levels (he was spec'd pre-reaper when I was away from the game and his healing was sub-par).

So thank you folks for your info and confirmation. I'll get the +5's and get him back on track.

Cheers.

C-Dog
03-18-2018, 01:06 PM
You have good points but I really don't like playing this class.
Well, that is an iron clad dealbreaker, no argument. ;)

If you're close to 1750 favor, you should tough it out and grab the +2 Tome, at least. For a Cleric, +2 to any stat is a win - Str for carrying, Con for HP's, Int for +1 more skill point, Wis for casting and Cha for turning - each one better than the other.

(You could pro'ly put up an LFM to that effect and find a tow from a TR group - zerg thru for favor only, done.)

Or not - tough grind if you're just not having fun, esp when it's so easy to have fun.

Have fun!

Niminae
03-18-2018, 01:57 PM
Well, that is an iron clad dealbreaker, no argument. ;)

If you're close to 1750 favor, you should tough it out and grab the +2 Tome, at least.

Not enjoying the class is a strong argument for using a pair of +5 LR hearts, for sure. Good point about picking up the low hanging fruit for things within easy reach before doing a TR, but a LR doesn't reset favor so he won't lose that +2 tome.

At 2392 DDOP for the pair of LR hearts I'd be tempted to use an Otto's box to pick up the Monk PL feat for about twice the price. It's only a shame that they are not for sale at this time.

Whitering
03-19-2018, 02:32 PM
I wish you could buy, in game, a LR heart for 20 tokens or something, just let you clean up a build or something, it doesn't have to be a +1-x either. I guess you can say just TR, doesn't really help you on an Iconic if you have to slog to 30 on a broken build, and you can't clean everything up via Fred.