PDA

View Full Version : Public Group level range

JonBiryon
02-23-2018, 06:08 PM
Public Groups are a wonderful idea - except nobody uses them because they don't post correctly!
Currently public groups are posted with max level being Quest Level + 3.

So, no bravery streak if hard/elite and if reaper - 70% rexp penalty.

Basic solution:
In the Advanced Grouping panel add a preset level range option (that is stored until you logout), or a character over-level range (so 0 would make max level equal your level, 1 would be your level + 1, etc).

Or, a smaller solution:
Change the default max-level to quest-level, or quest level+2 for non-reaper.

Fix that and you'll see how much more social the game becomes!
Please? :\

Cordovan
02-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Yeah, you raise a good point. The public grouping option is currently meant to be used by folks who aren't as interested in maintaining a streak, but your suggestion is definitely worth considering. Being able to set a level range for a public group seems to be the best solution.

mikarddo
02-25-2018, 11:18 AM
I concur and have posted about this before.

I very often post PuGs but its a bit of a hassle adjusting the quest as we go along and thus keeping the lfm current and the "public group" functionality is even worse.

If I could simply turn "public group" ON and
a) Have it always show the quest AND the difficulty including reaper level AND a level range of [-2 to quest base level] when running reaper
b) Not constantly spam me with the public group reminder
c) Ignore if someone other than the group leader has the public group tag ON
it would be so much easier being the group leader.

Example:
I am in a duo with my friend and we decide to run Lord of Dust on R5.
I am the group leader and he zones in first but no public group is made as he is not the group leader.
I then zone in with the public group tag ON. When zoning in myself I get the "public group warning text". ONLY when I zone in is that text shown.
A LFM is posted which shows "Lords of Dust", "Reaper 5" and a level range of 14-16 (with no way to trick the level range!)

Please. This would make the pugging scene quite a bit easier in my humble opinion as it would be less hassle for the group leader who just wants to run quests and dont mind who joins as long as they are in level range.

Gabrael
02-25-2018, 02:51 PM
/signed
I tend to always have public grouping on, and have to remember each time I enter quest to slightly modify the level range. One of the reason I like using the public LFM feature is that when I go modify the LFM post, I don;t have to search for the quest in the list, as long I don't touch the quest selection it keeps the quest I am running as selected. But I still have to change in fast before anyone over level joins...

dunklezhan
02-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Yeah, you raise a good point. The public grouping option is currently meant to be used by folks who aren't as interested in maintaining a streak, but your suggestion is definitely worth considering. Being able to set a level range for a public group seems to be the best solution.

Oh yes please. I would absolutely use this more if it would remember my selected range.

Kipling
02-25-2018, 03:23 PM

While you are at it, could you fix the bug where the Warlock icon is replaced with the Epic icon in a public LFM? The checkbox that filters groups will also hide level-appropriate LFM's from Warlocks if they are default public LFM's. :(

Chacka_DDO
02-25-2018, 06:01 PM
Several months ago I suggested already this (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489685-Changes-to-CREATE-EDIT-LFM-and-to-the-public-group-option) as a try for a more comprehensive solution for this issue.

My current opinion what is need to be done to make group building easier and doing something to split the player base less than we have it currently is:

1. Full bravery bonuses and 100% reaper exp when you do quests AT level (this is for elite and reaper the normal quest level +2) suggested already here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489717-Reaper-experience-penalty-and-bravery-bonus-please-make-it-consistent) and here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/490950-Please-no-reaper-experience-penalty-if-you-get-bravery-bonus)
2. A check-box for public groups that activates this maximum level for your public groups.
3. You can open public groups from anywhere and not only when entering a quest.
4. No one who doesn't meet the lvl requirements can click your public group (as it works currently).
5. No experience hard cap or at least a hard cap one or two level higher than we have it currently

Chacka_DDO
02-25-2018, 06:26 PM
While you are at it, could you fix the bug where the Warlock icon is replaced with the Epic icon in a public LFM? The checkbox that filters groups will also hide level-appropriate LFM's from Warlocks if they are default public LFM's. :(

It is not only a problem with the icon, a warlock cannot join a public group at all until you update your public group.
And the next issue with the public group is the comment doesn't appear too until you click 'Update my Party' in the 'CREATE/EDIT LFM' UI. (and I think advertise is misspelled and it reads Advertize as looking for more players).
And another issue is, that the GROUPING tab in the UI for SOCIAL doesnt update correctly until you click the WHO tab and wait a few seconds.
Maybe you could add this to the "while you at it list" ;)

Seikojin
02-26-2018, 07:42 AM
It is not only a problem with the icon, a warlock cannot join a public group at all until you update your public group.
And the next issue with the public group is the comment doesn't appear too until you click 'Update my Party' in the 'CREATE/EDIT LFM' UI. (and I think advertise is misspelled and it reads Advertize as looking for more players).
And another issue is, that the GROUPING tab in the UI for SOCIAL doesnt update correctly until you click the WHO tab and wait a few seconds.
Maybe you could add this to the "while you at it list" ;)

Pro tip on the social tab update: do a search on the who tab for . (literally). It will fail to find anyone and stop that errant query from bogging down other panel functions, like updating the group panel.

Yamani
02-26-2018, 08:30 AM

While you're at it can you remove the annoying pop up the leader gets when someone else joins with it set up for public grouping?

JonBiryon
02-26-2018, 10:02 AM
/signed
I tend to always have public grouping on, and have to remember each time I enter quest to slightly modify the level range. One of the reason I like using the public LFM feature is that when I go modify the LFM post, I don;t have to search for the quest in the list, as long I don't touch the quest selection it keeps the quest I am running as selected. But I still have to change in fast before anyone over level joins...

Yep, I do the same and for the same reason... replacing one headache with another, depending on my mood :)

LT218
02-26-2018, 04:27 PM
Two thoughts on this.

1) Why would a majority of DDO players not be interested in maintaining something that provides a sizable XP bonus? I can't recall anyone complaining about accidentally starting a bravery bonus streak on these forums. There have, however, been multiple threads complaining of streaks accidentally and unknowingly broken. SSG also clearly acknowledged that players are interested in maintaining bravery bonus streaks when they implemented the NPC that allows players to pause and unpause their streaks.

2) SSG has been "considering" this for at least 1.5 years. How much more time do you need to come to a conclusion?
For reference: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479185-The-One-Thing-Results-Thread

Nammmmmmm
02-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Two thoughts on this.

1) Why would a majority of DDO players not be interested in maintaining something that provides a sizable XP bonus? I can't recall anyone complaining about accidentally starting a bravery bonus streak on these forums. There have, however, been multiple threads complaining of streaks accidentally and unknowingly broken. SSG also clearly acknowledged that players are interested in maintaining bravery bonus streaks when they implemented the NPC that allows players to pause and unpause their streaks.

2) SSG has been "considering" this for at least 1.5 years. How much more time do you need to come to a conclusion?
For reference: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479185-The-One-Thing-Results-Thread

+1 to you sir.

gravisrs
03-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Lets narrow this to "Presets": and situations when they are default:

"I wanna streak / I wanna raid" - range FROM quest level -1 TO quest level +2 = DEFAULT WHEN entering heroic quest on E/H/N or heroic/epic raid on E/H/N
"I wanna reaper" --------------- range FROM quest level -3 TO quest level +0 = DEFAULT WHEN entering heroic/epic quest/raid on Reaper 1-10
"I wanna challenges" ----------- range FROM active challenge tier -2 TO active challenge tier +0 = DEFAULT WHEN entering a challenge (including Crystal cove, Mabar, Anniversary)
"I wanna epic xp train" --------- range FROM 20 TO 30 = DEFAULT WHEN entering epic quest (non raid) on E/H/N

Q: Why 3 level range not 2 on streak ?
A: Cuz why not, 3 levels are maximum over-level span without xp penalty on heroic. 1 more range means more players to join you atm.

Q: Quest level you mean?
A: Base quest level eg. 10 for heroic Tempest Spine despite N/H/E

Q: Why just 2 levels span on challenges?
A: Coz mats penalty hurts when more.

Q: Why not streak as default on epic quests ?
A: Look at LFM's, everyone runs epic trains, barely someone carry bout streak on epics, but still you can switch to that preset if you want.