PDA

View Full Version : Smarter loot selection from quest rewards

Xanom
02-16-2018, 07:09 AM
When receiving quest giver loot (the "choose a reward" item dialogue), I've noticed that my artificer gets lots of crossbows and light amour, but no medium armour. Given that medium armour is a starting option for artificers, this strikes me as odd (and somewhat annoying).

Similarly, my rogue/wizard (eldritch knight) is offered robes but never light armour, even though he has the skills for it and wears it consistently.

Artificer should be easy to fix: artificers should be offered both medium and light armour, perhaps biased towards medium (rather than light).

Multiclass characters are trickier. However, if the character has the skills to use a particular class of equipment and they have it equipped (or in a weapon quick-slot), can it be added as a possible selection?

C-Dog
02-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Sim w/ 'Locks seeing only light armour for the most part. Just doesn't fit the description on the box. :/

What always bothers me is that Rogues/Arti's are not offered more trapping gear. Spot, Search, DD - some example should be in every list. Compared to, say, how often Arti's are offered repeaters, which rain down on them like fried food at the county fair.

Same w/ kukris/daggers for Rogues - I'd think that would be the go-to, and if they want to wield khopeshes then they're on their own.

Annex
02-16-2018, 09:30 PM
I always go into Options and uncheck "Class Specific Quest Rewards" (or whatever it is called). While far from perfect, I see more interesting items that way.