PDA

View Full Version : Little Things

Baahb3
02-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Just a few things that pop into my head while I play:

1. I have been playing my monk since they came out and maybe it is my old age catching up to me but I thought Ki strikes used to gray out when you did not have enough Ki to use them, then light back up when you did, much like spells do. I could have sworn it was this way up until this last life (Druid if it matters). However, now I don't see that happen. Additionally, if I don't have enough Ki to use a strike and it looks active, I can move that strike to another open hotbar slot and it grays out. Once grayed out, it remains grayed out even if i get enough Ki to use it. Maybe my search-fu is week but I did not see this mentioned in other threads. Is this a new bug, a change in how they are displayed?

2. Can we get the font size in our D20 a little smaller? Now that we are getting to-hits in the triple digits, it gets cut off in the D20 graphic.

3. Any chance we could get some sort of UI template. With all these reincarnations, I would love to not have to re-position all my hot bars each time. Probably been asked for before but thought I would mention it again.

4. Any more investigation into static inventory slot positions. I heard a Pod cast years ago that they were looking into this but have not heard a peep since. Would be super nice to use something and then have it go back into the Inventory slot it was before being used. I am a little particular about where my inventory goes in what tab and would be nice to not spend 5 minutes at the end of the night and put my backpack back in order.

5. When we find a trap box, we can double click it and disable it. Any chance we can do the same for locked chests/doors and open lock? *Lazy player here*

6. You have a wonderful mail system in Lotro, auto find your own character names, auto find guildie names, multi-item mails. Any chance we could get some of that finery over here?

Just some gravy here, nothing too annoying (except for maybe the ki strike stuff). Thanks for your consideration

xCataluna
02-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Just a few things that pop into my head while I play:
3. Any chance we could get some sort of UI template. With all these reincarnations, I would love to not have to re-position all my hot bars each time. Probably been asked for before but thought I would mention it again.

1. Arrange all your hotbars and windows the way you like them.
2. In the chatbox, type: /ui layout save <name> where <name> is your preferred filename for this layout.
3. Create a new character/reincarnate/etc.
4. In the chatbox, type: /ui layout load <name> where <name> is your previously saved filename.
5. Profit.

You can save multiple layouts simply by giving each one a unique filename.

Annex
02-10-2018, 10:33 AM
In addition to what xCataluna wrote, all player created layout templates reside in the Documents/DDO/ui/layouts folder (by default). The .layout files are plain text and may be edited. In this way one may position every layout element exactly where desired.

Please note that .layout files only contain the position of hotbars, not the buttons in each hotbar. One must still replace every button after a "Reincarnation".