PDA

View Full Version : Charting Out which Spell-casters Get What Quickness of Spell-casting?

Ayrleig
01-22-2018, 03:53 PM
I see that DDO stipulates that Sorcerers can cast their spells (in a quest or melee) more quickly. I'm guessing that means the cool-downs are quicker, generally and they can cast more spells during the fray.

What about other spell-casters?

Has anyone ever charted it all out? -- with Niac's Cold Spray or Nimbus of Light, or Soundburst, or something?

Matuse
01-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Sorcerers have bonuses to both casting time and cooldown for their spells.

They are the only class that gets such bonuses.

It's also not always a plus...I don't know if it's still the case, but for a long time Sorcerers got one fewer meteors in their meteor swarm than Wizards did because their casting animation was faster.

Tom116
01-22-2018, 06:45 PM
I see that DDO stipulates that Sorcerers can cast their spells (in a quest or melee) more quickly. I'm guessing that means the cool-downs are quicker, generally and they can cast more spells during the fray.

What about other spell-casters?

Has anyone ever charted it all out? -- with Niac's Cold Spray or Nimbus of Light, or Soundburst, or something?

Yes, quicker cooldowns and faster casting times :)

Unfortunately as Matuse said, only Sorcerers get said benefits.

Ayrleig
01-23-2018, 08:44 PM
T. Y.

Ayrleig
01-23-2018, 08:47 PM
Yes, quicker cooldowns and faster casting times :)

Unfortunately as Matuse said, only Sorcerers get said benefits.

I know about the Quicker Spellcasting feat. There isn't a stackable racial bonus for it too, is there, for elves or anyone?

Matuse
01-24-2018, 01:16 AM
Quicken Spell is a feat that any blue bar can take which speeds up casting time and removes the concentration check if you get hit while casting. It stacks with the Sorcerer innate cast time improvement.

The bonuses for that feat relate to reducing the extra spellpoint cost it adds to the spell. Efficient Metamagic - Quicken. Most casting classes have this enhancement available somewhere in their trees. Elves do not.

Lonnbeimnech
01-24-2018, 03:08 AM
Sorcerers have bonuses to both casting time and cooldown for their spells.

They are the only class that gets such bonuses.

It's also not always a plus...I don't know if it's still the case, but for a long time Sorcerers got one fewer meteors in their meteor swarm than Wizards did because their casting animation was faster.

That was when the metamagic feat quicken was selected as always on, but not if the feat was dragged into the hotbar, set to on, and the option set to standard.

Lonnbeimnech
01-24-2018, 03:10 AM
side note, the quickness of sorcs only applies to sorc spells. So if you were to make a sorc/wiz or a sorc/cleric, only the sorc spells would be cast at sorc speed.

Niminae
01-24-2018, 06:33 AM
I know about the Quicker Spellcasting feat. There isn't a stackable racial bonus for it too, is there, for elves or anyone?

Not a racial, but an Epic Destiny past life feat. Arcane Alacrity can be stacked up to three times.