PDA

View Full Version : metamagic feats.

bloodnose13
01-14-2018, 04:45 PM
very simple idea, change the static spellpoint cost increases to % sp cost increase.

it would be much better for promoting the usage of lower level spells, also usage of metamagics would burn bit less sp, fact is sp costs with metamagics go through roof on epic levels.

Tom116
01-18-2018, 11:17 AM
very simple idea, change the static spellpoint cost increases to % sp cost increase.

it would be much better for promoting the usage of lower level spells, also usage of metamagics would burn bit less sp, fact is sp costs with metamagics go through roof on epic levels.

Interesting idea, and it does keep casters from being pigeonholed into the small pool of spells they have available as SLA's to use free meta's. They would need to find a good balance of course, but definitely interesting :)

bloodnose13
01-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Interesting idea, and it does keep casters from being pigeonholed into the small pool of spells they have available as SLA's to use free meta's. They would need to find a good balance of course, but definitely interesting :)

exactly the thought i had about it, there is too big reliance on SLA spells on casters, simply becouse metamagics are NEEDED and the cost is just too great. i failed to mention that in first post, thanks.

Arch-Necromancer
01-21-2018, 05:26 AM

Great idea. Signed! :D

Kriogen
01-22-2018, 05:21 AM
Nah, just join the Warlock side and all your problems will be gone.

For Warlock all damage is like SLA, no meta-magic tax. *Thats* how you do it. Not some puny discount, total removal.

I mean, why so modest, "can we please get a small discount", if you know what really works.

peng
01-22-2018, 06:49 PM
I'm definitely a fan of this idea. On top of that, I think maximize, empower, and the like should scale with your spellpower.

Jasparion
01-22-2018, 08:02 PM

Possibly an issue while levelling, but certainly not at end game. My 2nd life FVS has 6,400 SP and I just blast away with everything as often as possible and dont much care about running out.

I assume multi life toons with proper gear would get far higher if they wanted.

OfElectricMen
01-24-2018, 07:17 AM
Hi!

Totally unnecessary!

bloodnose13
01-26-2018, 08:52 PM
Possibly an issue while levelling, but certainly not at end game. My 2nd life FVS has 6,400 SP and I just blast away with everything as often as possible and dont much care about running out.

I assume multi life toons with proper gear would get far higher if they wanted.

well then lets tr all casters into fvs or warlocks....
sorry but i dont see it as a good justification, not everyone can get very high sp pool and only alternative to preserve spellpoints especaily in the high levels, is not to use metamagics, which is counterproductive due to fact everything has ton of hp. plus i did not say its meant as makeing metamagics free or dirt cheap, i just mean it as a way scale better with spells level. one this is sure that lowering the costs would make SLA less needed.

frankly i dont get the idea behind this, you can build a caster that will barely use the spells granted by class and use SLAs from prestiges or destinies, and its all becouse of no metamagic cost on them, i dont mind sla that adds ability or spell that is not available for class but cheaper to use versions of class spells? by doing this devs say that they see the issue with metamagic costs themselves. every caster should use their class given spells as main source of power, and not HAVE to rely on SLAs.