PDA

View Full Version : Craftable Mythic Bonus on items

Arch-Necromancer
01-14-2018, 03:51 AM
In ToEE and Slave Lords Crafting you can add Mythic Bonus to items by getting special, rare ingredients that enable you to apply Mythic Bonus on your crafted items.

However there is currently no such thing for other crafting systems.

My suggestion would be to implement such mechanism for all existing crafting systems (or at least newer ones that are not too outdated).

But that's not all.

For all other named items (and older crafting systems), such system could be applied with a Stone of Change.

Two special rare drop items (ingredients) could be added to the game that could be combined in Stone of Change with any (or only named) item and would apply +1/+3 or +2/+4 Mythic bonus to items.

These two items would have an extremely low drop rate (like Tomes), with more powerful one being more rare, and could also be sold in the DDO Store.

It could even be 4 special ingredients (separate ones for weapons/armor that have +2/+4 bonuses and other equipment that has +1/+3 bonuses).

One other idea would be to just use those old Mystical ingredients gained as rewards from older questlines for that purpose. Greater bonus could require all old Mystical items, and lesser would require only a certain number of them (maybe 3 or 4).

Mystical Dried Fish: new quest end-reward in Sorrowdusk
Mystical Vessel: new quest end-reward in Restless Isles
Mystical Goblet: new quest end-reward in Ruins of Threnal
Mystical Bottle: new quest end-reward in Red Fens
Mystical Plant: new quest end-reward in Vale of Twilight
Mystical Urn: new quest end-reward in Orchard of the Macabre

Or use them in addition with suggested rare drop new ingredients.

Chacka_DDO
01-14-2018, 04:26 PM
I would like to see Mythical bonuses you can add to any item you want as the global rare drop in any chest.
Another option would be if you could buy such an item for a big amount of your normal experience (it takes a certain amount of your exp pool away if you "buy" a mythical bonus for items).
The option to craft such a bonus is not bad but I would prefer one or both options above.
My intention would be that any chest in the game contains worthy random drops with it and it is attractive to get optional chests in all quests.
Maybe no chance in Champion chests for this.

Lonnbeimnech
01-14-2018, 04:44 PM
I would like to see Mythical bonuses you can add to any item you want as the global rare drop in any chest.
Another option would be if you could buy such an item for a big amount of your normal experience (it takes a certain amount of your exp pool away if you "buy" a mythical bonus for items).
The option to craft such a bonus is not bad but I would prefer one or both options above.
My intention would be that any chest in the game contains worthy random drops with it and it is attractive to get optional chests in all quests.
Maybe no chance in Champion chests for this.

Watch them come out with mythic TRing that allows you to give one item a +1 mythic bonus for the cost of resetting you back to lvl 1.
Stacks 3 times per item.

hinton
01-15-2018, 12:17 AM
Make the crafting of mythic using mystic item. The old ingredient fish, urn, bottle, goblet and vessel along with purified dragonshard fragments plus whatever else might be a workable idea.