PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up old connection (4 days and counting)

Yaber85
01-08-2018, 03:28 AM
Greetings all,

I've been stuck while zoning for the last 4 days on Khyber server, It keeps saying (Cleaning up old connection) and it been like that for about 4 days now.
I've tried everything from in-game ticket to support website.
I've also tried searching and trying every solution I've found on the forums so far and nothing worked.

Help would be really appreciated, I've just came back from a long break and it's started with a really bad experience, specially after paying for VIP
which I didn't even enjoy (Played for 2 days and couldn't log for 4 days+)

Thank you.

Feuerklinge
01-08-2018, 07:50 AM
Same here, stuck on loading screen "Loading character data".

Yaber85
01-09-2018, 05:10 AM

Any luck, Feuerklinge ? Almost a week here and no reply to my ticket and my account still stuck at loading screen.

SSG, help would really be appreciated ..

CS_Alkaid
01-09-2018, 10:51 AM

I see that you were able to log in today - are you still having issues?

Almost a week here and no reply to my ticket and my account still stuck at loading screen.

SSG, help would really be appreciated ..

Sorry for any confusion - we had actually responded to your ticket on the 6th when you had submitted it. Please try logging into your character on Khyber now and let me know if you're still having an issue.

Yaber85
01-09-2018, 11:13 AM
I see that you were able to log in today - are you still having issues?

Sorry for any confusion - we had actually responded to your ticket on the 6th when you had submitted it. Please try logging into your character on Khyber now and let me know if you're still having an issue.

Thank you for your reply, it's really appreciated.
I still get the "Cleaning up old connection" Yup, a GM did reply to my ticket in game, but it didn't solve the issue and I got asked to make a ticket on the support website which I didn't get a reply to.

I've tried the following :-
Logging on another server :- Works
Using another account :- Works
Logging my account on another PC :- Doesn't work

So it seems the issue isn't on my side, it's on the server side which probably thinks I'm online which preventing me from logging in, I hope you can help me with that, CS_Alkaid.

Thank you in advance!

CS_Alkaid
01-09-2018, 12:32 PM
If you haven't already, check out some of the steps here (https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002036707--The-Connection-to-the-Server-has-been-Lost-or-Searching-for-logon-server-Attempt-1-of-20-or-similar-connection-issues-such-as-severe-packet-loss-going-linkdead-chat-server-connection-loss-) and let me know how it goes.

Yaber85
01-09-2018, 02:53 PM
If you haven't already, check out some of the steps here (https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002036707--The-Connection-to-the-Server-has-been-Lost-or-Searching-for-logon-server-Attempt-1-of-20-or-similar-connection-issues-such-as-severe-packet-loss-going-linkdead-chat-server-connection-loss-) and let me know how it goes.

Hello again, CS_Alkaid.

I've checked out and tried the steps on the link you provided, but it didn't solve the issue I have, I'm pretty sure the issue is on the server side
since I've tried others accounts on my PC and I have tried my account on other PCs. My account is somehow stuck on the server and won't get me to log.

I give the CS and dev team full permission to try to log into my account and try (It will be very helpful to know the issue for future fix/solve)
For now I'll wait for tomorrow's server reset which will hopefully get my account out of this "Cleaning up old connection" limbo.

Thank you again.

fmalfeas
01-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Old trick that may work for you.

Pick a different server, log into it, then quit out and log into the normal server that's having the 'old connections' issue.

That's cleared up the problem for me when it happens.

Yaber85
01-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Old trick that may work for you.

Pick a different server, log into it, then quit out and log into the normal server that's having the 'old connections' issue.

That's cleared up the problem for me when it happens.

Yup, I've also tried that, I made characters on Cannith and Argonnessen - Played them for a bit doing dungeons, selling, buying etc.
It didn't solve the issue for me, although it worked for some people.

Thank you, fmalfeas.

Ahmedios
01-10-2018, 09:01 AM
Greetings all,

I've been stuck while zoning for the last 4 days on Khyber server, It keeps saying (Cleaning up old connection) and it been like that for about 4 days now.
I've tried everything from in-game ticket to support website.
I've also tried searching and trying every solution I've found on the forums so far and nothing worked.

Help would be really appreciated, I've just came back from a long break and it's started with a really bad experience, specially after paying for VIP
which I didn't even enjoy (Played for 2 days and couldn't log for 4 days+)

Thank you.

Did you try turning it off and on again?

DYWYPI
01-10-2018, 10:10 AM
I presume you tried editing 'UserPreferences.ini' as per: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/492468-Can-t-log-in?p=6049465&viewfull=1#post6049465? Another option would be to 'power cycle' (reboot) your Router (not reset) if editing the UserPreferences.ini had no effect. Because the server is functional but needs to clear your Character login debris.

Yaber85
01-10-2018, 01:52 PM
I presume you tried editing 'UserPreferences.ini' as per: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/492468-Can-t-log-in?p=6049465&viewfull=1#post6049465? Another option would be to 'power cycle' (reboot) your Router (not reset) if editing the UserPreferences.ini had no effect. Because the server is functional but needs to clear your Character login debris.

Hello, DYWYPI.

I've tried editing and deleting the UserPreferences.ini and also rebooting my router/computer.
As you said the server needs to clear my debris since I've tried on 2 other computers and also tried other accounts on my computer.
All accounts work except mine which won't work on other computers too.

Thank you for your time, I'm open for more suggestions from anyone.

Yaber85
01-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Good news all! The patch fixed my issue!

Thank you all.