PDA

View Full Version : Question: Heroic TR & Racial TR - Do They Stack?

HowlingVoyager
01-07-2018, 04:02 PM
Hello, Everyone!

An old player - 2008 and onward! - literally and figuratively here with a question about Heroic TR and Racial TR. I was away for about 2 years and recently returned. Life got in the way but I'm loving the game again. There were a LOT of changes over those years, the biggest of which was Racial Reincarnation. Which sounds awesome on the surface but does raise a question I can't quite find the answer to: Specifically, do the the past life feats of both Heroic TR and Racial TR stack?

Long story short, I'm mostly a soloist with the occasional grouping. I'm the lone survivor of my guild, too - which made me the beloved leader by default. Anyway, I love Artificer as a class and am rather wedded to Warforged Artificer. I have two of them, both on their second lives as... Warforged Artificers. I had planned, originally, to stack the 3 past lives and become the best Artificer I could and then Iconic, Epic, etc. ect. ect... Not completionist, but within my style of play equally challenging and fun. Then came Racial TR. So my question stands -

Will Racial TR feats stack with my already existing Heroic TR feats? Or do I start from scratch the minute I Racially TR?

I would love to go for a simple racial completionist - as an Artificer, of course - after I stack all my Heroic TRs as an Artificer. But if I don't get to keep those feats and stack them with each racial feat I collect there would be no point to it. I'll start another alt and have some fun on the side, keeping my originals for Epic, Iconic and whatever else the devs dream up in the meantime. Or am I completely missing something here? It has been a while.

So, if someone could please clear this up for me I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks for your patience!

Matuse
01-07-2018, 04:23 PM
All reincarnation feats:

Racial, Class, Iconic, Epic...stack with each other.

And just FYI, but to be the best artificer you can be, you'll want more than just arty past lives.

Barbarian PL gives +hp.
Sorc and FvS PL give +mp.
Paladin PL gives +healing amp.
Warlock PL gives +MRR.

And then depending on what kind of Artificer you are, others PLs help too - monk for damage, ranger for xbow damage, druid for pet stats, etc.

Annex
01-07-2018, 07:33 PM
I am doing the exact same thing as you with my Cat Burglar...urr...Rogue Assassin. I am 20 Epic Past Lives in and have never seriously bothered with another class accept Wizard. Wizards completely suck in DDO but I keep trying because I love magic users. I ran some other classes to level 10 but did not really care for them.

HowlingVoyager
01-08-2018, 08:32 AM
All reincarnation feats:

Racial, Class, Iconic, Epic...stack with each other.

And just FYI, but to be the best artificer you can be, you'll want more than just arty past lives.

Barbarian PL gives +hp.
Sorc and FvS PL give +mp.
Paladin PL gives +healing amp.
Warlock PL gives +MRR.

And then depending on what kind of Artificer you are, others PLs help too - monk for damage, ranger for xbow damage, druid for pet stats, etc.

Thanks for the clarification and the advice! And, I forget, but one of my characters does have a FVS past life so there is a bit extra there. But to be honest, other than FVS - and I may return to that one, who knows - I've found I suck at all the other classes. I have tried, really. Artificer fits me as a soloist and the rare grouping. I'm running a variation of CthruTheEgo's 'Dubbell O'Seven' build -

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/386775-Dubbell-O-Seven-casting-ranged-focused-artificer

I haven't Epic'd them yet - I'm a patient soul - but I am looking forward to it. I've heard that FVS got nerfed while I was gone, so some research may be in order if I want to return to that class.

Thanks again!

HowlingVoyager
01-08-2018, 08:39 AM
I am doing the exact same thing as you with my Cat Burglar...urr...Rogue Assassin. I am 20 Epic Past Lives in and have never seriously bothered with another class accept Wizard. Wizards completely suck in DDO but I keep trying because I love magic users. I ran some other classes to level 10 but did not really care for them.

Ahhh, a player after my own heart. I've experimented with other classes, even multi-class - that was a personal disaster, and I try not to speak of it - but Artificer is so much fun. Magic and weapons with awesome trap and disabling skills. And with my wee little intimi-tank puppy - which works even if it's being stubborn! - I can solo almost everything, at least up to level 20. I haven't Epic'd yet, but I am looking forward to it.

I also look forward to equaling your past lives numbers along with some racial additions.

Thanks!

Matuse
01-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Well one possibility would be to take a lot of Arty levels while TRing as something else - it does depend a bit on exactly how you like to play. If your thing is repeating xbow spam, then you can probably combine Artificer with most other classes in an 11/9 split and get a functional build that gives you a past life in Class X and preserving the Artificer experience that you enjoy. If you are more into offensive casting and rune arms, then it won't be as good because of how dependent those things are on having lots of class levels.

And of course nobody MUST TR repeatedly, you play how you like. Still, all of those bonuses are out there and they are sooooooooooooooooo tempting.

Whitering
01-16-2018, 01:01 PM
Just doing Heroic TRing, you stop at 18 really, and bank until 20, if you like I do sometimes take 19, because why not when you've done all the 16 quests, and now you will want to be at level for quests often anyway. But having said that you can do almost anything and make it through heroic.

Find something that works well to 9 or if you are at the bottom of the priority list (see the wiki), you can go to 10. A good class will get you to 20 from there even without the tools the second class will provide. However, I have found it best to just bite the biscuit and instead of doing that, which gets repetitive, do a pure 20 of the classes, and for racial, find a build you really love, or find one that works with the racials. Like elves can do arcane archer or whatever.

Getting to 20 is fairly easy if you stay away from Reaper, if you want to reaper, there are way more considerations unless you don't mind being a net drain on your parties effectiveness.

Tom116
01-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Just doing Heroic TRing, you stop at 18 really, and bank until 20, if you like I do sometimes take 19, because why not when you've done all the 16 quests, and now you will want to be at level for quests often anyway. But having said that you can do almost anything and make it through heroic.

Find something that works well to 9 or if you are at the bottom of the priority list (see the wiki), you can go to 10. A good class will get you to 20 from there even without the tools the second class will provide. However, I have found it best to just bite the biscuit and instead of doing that, which gets repetitive, do a pure 20 of the classes, and for racial, find a build you really love, or find one that works with the racials. Like elves can do arcane archer or whatever.

Getting to 20 is fairly easy if you stay away from Reaper, if you want to reaper, there are way more considerations unless you don't mind being a net drain on your parties effectiveness.

Honestly I'd say even if you have done all the level 16's, the power increase from level 18 to 19 is not much (unless you were backloading certain aspects of your build) so you should pretty well always sit at 18 until you can hit 20. Being 18 means you can run LoD/Vale on Hard without an overlevel penalty :)

Doing Reaper also gives more xp/quest (+120% for doing a quest on reaper for the first time vs +80% on elite) so if you can handle it I find running Reaper easier to hit 20 so you don't need to repeat quests as much. Elite works fine though, and some classes (Barbarian, Wizard) don't have the self heals to really do reaper without a friend watching your health :)

BandVP
01-17-2018, 10:22 AM
yes, all past lifes stack upto 3x

RockHeavy
01-17-2018, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the clarification and the advice! And, I forget, but one of my characters does have a FVS past life so there is a bit extra there. But to be honest, other than FVS - and I may return to that one, who knows - I've found I suck at all the other classes. I have tried, really. Artificer fits me as a soloist and the rare grouping. I'm running a variation of CthruTheEgo's 'Dubbell O'Seven' build

If you are running a ranged Arti build, then Ranger synergises really well with it, and 3 Ranger PLs will help you immensely for any future lives. That is +6 damage per hit (so +18 per repeater volley without any doubleshot).

Arti 9 / Ranger 11 gets you a couple of free feats and is a breeze to solo all the way to cap. After that you can achieve any class PL running Arti 6 / Ranger 6 / other class 8. AoE damage is a bit low until you get Imp. Precise Shot, but with Augment Summons a Quickened Flame Turret helps and is surprisingly effective up to the point you can take IPS.

Bolo_Grubb
01-17-2018, 11:10 AM
I have done the majority of my heroic past lives with a 6/6/8 build

6 rogue
6 arti
8 what ever past life I need.

I play as a x-bow/rune arm mech. Using just rogue and arti enhancements. I don't care at all about the 8 levels of whatever, they don't matter. Just choose feats that help my xbow build.

Works great for me, I got a triple heroic completion using this.