PDA

View Full Version : Total Favor Rewards Revamp Please

Lagin
12-29-2017, 09:36 AM
5770 total favor rewards a BTC +5 tome. Um....... The average character achieving 5770 favor is not in need of a +5 tome. Most likely that character has a set of tomes or a supreme.

The tome isn't my real concern, it's a nice perk.

I'd like to see a choice offered.

Special pet
Special Cosmetic
Fate point
Extra free pass on a saga

The options could be a real a deal changer for some players. I thinks it's a great time to revisit Favor.

I'm leaving F2P out of this, that's a tough call, one this player isn't qualified to comment on.

PsychoBlonde
12-30-2017, 12:48 AM
I'm still waiting for them to add something to top tier Twelve and Purple Dragon Knights favor, too . . .

Tom116
12-30-2017, 07:21 AM
5770 total favor rewards a BTC +5 tome. Um....... The average character achieving 5770 favor is not in need of a +5 tome. Most likely that character has a set of tomes or a supreme.

Special pet
Special Cosmetic
Fate point

The options could be a real a deal changer for some players. I thinks it's a great time to revisit Favor.

+5 tomes can also be traded for 35 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments, for what that's worth. The options you mention could be a nice alternative though, but maybe keeping +5's there as well. Multiselector like GH favor style :)
+5 to +6 Upgrades could be nice too, I for one do hit 5k favor but didn't buy any supreme tomes (or any at all, less the learning tomes/fate tomes that came with expansions) so wouldn't mind an option to upgrade up through that.

Also agreed on the Twelve title being changed to something that does anything, and for PDK to come up with something befitting such a hero after 5 years. These two might even include some of your options; I could see the Twelve giving a +1 Fate Point just as much as the Keepers giving +2 to Saves vs Undead. Considering the PDK are involved in the majority of Sagas, they could give the free skip button for sagas too. Might be a little funny lore wise for them to affect 3BC or Ravenloft, but no more than lots of other things going on.

Lagin
12-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Twelve giving a +1 Fate Point just as much as the Keepers giving +2 to Saves vs Undead. ..

I like this.

+ 1

fmalfeas
12-30-2017, 11:18 AM
+5 tomes can also be traded for 35 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments, for what that's worth. The options you mention could be a nice alternative though, but maybe keeping +5's there as well. Multiselector like GH favor style :)
+5 to +6 Upgrades could be nice too, I for one do hit 5k favor but didn't buy any supreme tomes (or any at all, less the learning tomes/fate tomes that came with expansions) so wouldn't mind an option to upgrade up through that.

Also agreed on the Twelve title being changed to something that does anything, and for PDK to come up with something befitting such a hero after 5 years. These two might even include some of your options; I could see the Twelve giving a +1 Fate Point just as much as the Keepers giving +2 to Saves vs Undead. Considering the PDK are involved in the majority of Sagas, they could give the free skip button for sagas too. Might be a little funny lore wise for them to affect 3BC or Ravenloft, but no more than lots of other things going on.

The PDK started out as an army that took down a Great Wyrm black dragon. So I could see them giving a feat that increased saves and dodge/ac vs dragons. Letting you have access to their prized records of those early days, so you can learn from the battle tactics and accounts of their founders.

From their perspective, /that/ would be a reward only the greatest of heroes merit. And for us, it would be useful at times.

The Twelve - I'd like to see something like 'Ward of the Twelve', +10 Favored bonus to Spell Resistance and +3 Favored Bonus to Saves vs Spells. They make you an honorary member, and give you a warding that protects you from lesser spellcasters and minor fiends, but if you happen to already have strong defenses in those regards, it makes them that much stronger.

acdccod
12-30-2017, 05:11 PM

Special pet
Special Cosmetic
Fate point

I'm leaving F2P out of this, that's a tough call, one this player isn't qualified to comment on.

Great idea.

Lanadazia
03-02-2018, 11:37 PM
there are a few favor rewards that are just outdated.
like the house P pendant of time. since we get this through shipbuffs these items are even not worth it for beginners
adding in the missing favor rewards would be my first concern.
i do get to the 5400+ favor mark each life, and thats how i got all my tomes.
since the 5000 favor reward is no longer like a "high end goal" to be achieved, you prolly want to move that +5 tome to 4000 favor and add a +6 upgrade to 5000? especially since it get to +8 now. and a +9 and +10 is sure to come at some point.

maybe some tome progression through favor would be nice, especially for newer players. like on 1000 you get a +1 tome, on 2000 an +2 upgrade and so forth, to hit a +6 on 5000 favor.
ofc you'd need to decide if you get the other rewards instead. like the FvS class instead of the tome. something like that.
this way the favor system would be somewhat beginner friendly and also be appealing to multi TRs, at least 6 lifes

Bertum
03-03-2018, 04:16 PM
All my toons are in need of +5 tomes. Keep that at 5K.

But I agree there should be something else when max favor is reached.

Lalangamena
03-04-2018, 02:06 AM
though 5000 fate is a real feat of strength for me and my primary goal for this life.
I can understand that some people already reached it more than six times.
so, since i don't care a bit about pets and cosmetics, i think people who like them should have them.

Dulcimerist
03-15-2018, 08:31 PM
since the 5000 favor reward is no longer like a "high end goal" to be achieved, you prolly want to move that +5 tome to 4000 favor and add a +6 upgrade to 5000? especially since it get to +8 now. and a +9 and +10 is sure to come at some point.
maybe some tome progression through favor would be nice, especially for newer players. like on 1000 you get a +1 tome, on 2000 an +2 upgrade and so forth, to hit a +6 on 5000 favor.

I like this idea with the tomes. The +2 tome at 1750 favor was great back in the day. A +2 tome was the median bonus of tomes, and was usable at level 7. The +4 tome is pretty much "today's version" of what the +2 tome used to be. Might as well update the favor reward to reflect that.

If a character gets the absolute maximum amount of favor, doing every single quest in the game on elite or reaper, a feat called "Hero of the People" could be awarded. I have no idea what the feat would do, but it would reflect the fact that the character helped so many people and patrons. Of course, it would have to be re-acquired with the release of a new adventure pack. If a character TR's while having this feat, perhaps it could give some sort of smaller stacking bonus up to 3-5 times (a racial AP? a tiny bonus to XP?), encouraging people to max their favor each time before TR'ing.