PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Gianthold Tor quest arc and lack of in game help.

Caoilfhion
12-16-2017, 07:23 PM
I have been working on the Gianthold quest arc (heroic) and as I was doing it a second time chose to skip two quests, one VIP and one for 5 shards. Those were the Maze of madness and the Crucible. I got credit from Tiragonis for elite quest completion for both quests. Tiragonis then tells me my next quest is the TOR which is the one I was interested in doing and to talk to Crag to access it. When I approach Crag he has an open quest symbol above his head and only makes generic responses ie doesn't respond to me in a conversation and doesn't progress the quest.

Trying to enter the quest door results in a string table error and I am unable to enter. My attempts to get help for this have been a miserable failure. I sought in game help which was quite slow to respond and then told me that they couldn't help me and to submit a bug report to which they probably wouldn't respond. Mind you I am stuck at this point and unable to progress so that was a pretty pathetic response.

I decided to contact Standing Stones support which required me to register for some strange reason and is a pretty poorly laid out support page. about 18 hours later I submitted a bug report with screen shots etc and all the appropriate information. After 36 hours I have received no response to either of these submissions which is pretty poor going in my opinion. I am still stuck and unable to progress the quest.

lifestaker
12-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Did you skip madstone the first time around as well?

Madstone is one of the quest you have to do at least one time to flag.

As far as Crag he some times looks as though you are on the quest, but you are actually flagging for it. Make sure you turn in end rewards as well.

As far as string error I could not tell you save you are not flagged. I got string errors on bank toons that have never ran a quest. That is most likely just a bug with not knowing how to tell you to flag for Tor.

Annex
12-16-2017, 10:42 PM
As lifestalker indicates, Flagging Mechanics and Saga Requirements are NOT the same thing.

To my knowledge, Flagging Mechanics are always absolutely mandatory. Most Flagging Mechanics include a much quicker path for flagging the second and subsequent times around, but if a quick option exists, it only becomes available after flagging at least once the 'right way'.

DDO includes a lot of Gotchas like that. I am sorry but it appears you wasted your Astral Shards for nothing. I doubt Customer Support will help but it is worth a shot to ask. For what it is worth, stupid stuff like that has bitten every single one of us. I am not saying it is right, I am saying we can empathize. :o

Yamani
12-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Make sure to turn in the quests for PoP/Madstone/Cabal as you skipped maze and crucible as long as you did those 3 and turned them in crag should talk to you.

Caoilfhion
12-18-2017, 10:18 AM
So your saying that I should have been able to skip Maze of madness and the Gauntlet without a problem? On reflection I think it was Madstone crater I skipped rather than Maze of madness. It gives no indication that this will cause an issue of course. I have completed all of these on other toons but was primarily trying to get guild experience quickly. 3 days and 2 days on my help requests with Standing stone without a hint of a reply, very unimpressed with them there support is worse than ordinary.

Yamani
12-18-2017, 10:48 AM
So your saying that I should have been able to skip Maze of madness and the Gauntlet without a problem? On reflection I think it was Madstone crater I skipped rather than Maze of madness. It gives no indication that this will cause an issue of course. I have completed all of these on other toons but was primarily trying to get guild experience quickly. 3 days and 2 days on my help requests with Standing stone without a hint of a reply, very unimpressed with them there support is worse than ordinary.

If you skipped madstone, then thats the problem. You have to run it to flag for tor. Skipping only counts torwards the saga.

Krelar
12-18-2017, 10:57 AM

Madstone is required to flag for Tor. If you are in a group you can redbox it, but to run it solo you would have to go back and run Madstone first.