PDA

View Full Version : I can't play anymore on my Mac Dec. 2017 dndclient problem

Strimdel
12-13-2017, 08:25 AM
I start to have some issues while playing, DDO was crashing dndclient problem as far as I know.

So I decided to reinstall from scratch, I empty the caches, I did all the updates to my OS.

For now I can login but everything crash before caracter selection and I have the same error message with dndclient....

Any of you had similar problems lately ?

Thanks

JQP
12-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Yes, just yesterday I have started having a problem with the Mac client. When I double click on the client to launch it, it begins loading, then freezes. Sometimes it crashes. But most times after 30 seconds or so it starts loading again and brings me to the sign in screen. Then, after I sign in, it freezes again. If it doesn't crash then (and it usually does not), then it lets me into the game without further issue. Once in the game, everything seems normal.

Here's another concern though. After playing on a Mac for a certain amount of time (usually an hour or so), the graphics will begin to "artifact." In other words, the quest disappears and the screen turns blue or dark brown. I believe this is a known issue, and not that big of a deal for almost all of the quests (except DA, the challenges and any quest where you are doing a post-completion optional) because the easy fix is to quit the game client, re-launch it and re-log. But if you can't log back in within 5 minutes, then you get booted from the quest, and either lose the instance altogether or face a re-entry penalty (if re-entry is permitted).

Any chance the Devs could look at this issue?

Durten
12-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Same thing for me. Sometimes loads, sometimes does not. If I can get logged into a character it will run, but the client login fails 90%+ of the time.

Please help!

Pukbar
12-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Has anyone resolved this issue, I'm not able to get into that game at all?

Durten
12-15-2017, 10:44 AM
I deleted the old game and am attempting to install a new copy to see if it makes a difference. However, the install is stopping/re-starting and gets hanged up quite a bit. The installer ran all day yesterday and did not complete the install. Trying again today.

SSG if you are listening, this is 3 days I have not been able to play because there is a problem with the Mac client.

iMac (late 2013)
3.5GHz i7
32G Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB

Running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Saekee
12-15-2017, 12:01 PM
I am in an older Mac laptop and it works fine

JQP
12-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Client crashed mid-quest tonight, just before end fight. Was able to get going again on another computer before it kicked me out of the quest and was able to finish. Will uninstall and re-install and see what happens.

Xissrfo
01-27-2018, 05:41 PM
Have you upgraded to High Sierra? I did then discovered that neither DDO nor LOTRO would work properly (because they are, in fact, Windows programs inside of a wine bottle, not Mac apps). I used Time Machine to put the computer back to Sierra and that resolved my problems.