PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to TR?

DJGravity
12-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Hello. I want to TR my toon and i wanted to ask if it still happens that you lose items by doing so?

Maquist
12-02-2017, 12:25 PM
From what it sounds like, this bug didn't hit everyone. For those that it did hit, it really hit them hard, so I am in no way minimizing the frustration and all that it caused these people. But there have also been lots of people saying that they had no trouble, even with multiple TRs. And SSG did add some code that is supposed to monitor things and set off a flag when something does go wrong. This should enable them to restore anything that has been lost, but others have reported that it has taken some time for this to happen.

One recommendation that I have seen for a while now is to take screenshots of your epic destiny map so that it shows your levels of each destiny and how much karma you have in each sphere. Also, it's not a bad idea to do something similar for each of the tomes you have, both stat and skill. Karma being accidentally lost on TR and tomes being lost on TR is something that has occasionally happened for many years now.

In short, I guess that nobody can say with 100% certainty that either something will or will not go wrong when you TR. But hopefully whatever code SSG has put in will minimize the damage and frustration, but it might take some time for things to get done.

Arkat
12-02-2017, 12:26 PM
It will never be 100% safe to TR. Having said that, I've seen a LOT fewer complaints about lost items during a TR since they added a bit of extra code to make it safer.

You may as well either TR now or never again.

Ultinoob
12-03-2017, 02:15 PM
I have TR'ed more than 24 times. Never had a problem. I always do my reincarnation right away. I tell myself that that has a positive influence on it.

If you are unsure about take screenshots of everything in your inventory. This way you can prove what you had in case something is lost.

QuantumFX
12-06-2017, 05:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpRt2MVnxjE

Whitering
12-07-2017, 01:16 PM
I would make sure the favour spots in your inventory and bank are clear (meaning the bag spots you get from Coin Lords and bank slots from Kundark).

That may be where the issue lies, but that is unconfirmed and just supposition.