OxfordCalc
11-18-2017, 07:20 PM
I have a cleric who took levels as follows:

1 - cleric
2 - fighter
3 - cleric
4 - cleric
5 - cleric

And so on, all other level as cleric. If I wanted to do a lesser reincarnate and take fighter first and the rest cleric, would I need a +1 Lesser Heart of Wood or +3 Lesser Heart of Wood?

cdbd3rd
11-18-2017, 07:26 PM
You'll need the +3.

One + to turn the first level of Cleric to Fighter, and a second + to turn the pre-existing level of Fighter to Cleric.

OxfordCalc
11-19-2017, 08:29 AM
You'll need the +3.

One + to turn the first level of Cleric to Fighter, and a second + to turn the pre-existing level of Fighter to Cleric.

Thanks for the info!

PsychoBlonde
11-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to move the fighter level here? I don't think there's anything that you stand to gain from moving it--clerics and fighters get the same skill points per level, so you won't get any additional benefit from that, and it's not going to make any real difference to your feat availability.

For aesthetic reasons? Kind of expensive if that's the case.

OxfordCalc
11-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to move the fighter level here? I don't think there's anything that you stand to gain from moving it--clerics and fighters get the same skill points per level, so you won't get any additional benefit from that, and it's not going to make any real difference to your feat availability.

For aesthetic reasons? Kind of expensive if that's the case.

In Axel's melee cleric thread, he takes fighter at level two. On page 8, somebody else redoes the build and takes fighter at level one. I had thought it was because fighters only got their extra feat at level one. That doesn't seem to be the case, so I guess there is no reason.

Even if that was the case, not paying almost $20 for one extra feat.

Buddha5440
11-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Fighters get their bonus feat at Fighter lv 1, not character lv 1, and then at every even Fighter lv.

C-Dog
11-24-2017, 03:30 PM
As said above, Fighter bonus feats are for Fighter levels, always separate and in addition to Character levels. (Class Specials are always independent from Character levels, unless specifically mentioned otherwise.)

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Fighter#Advancement_table

Since both Fighter and Cleric get only 2 skill points/level, the only reason to take Fighter @ Lvl 1 would be to rapid-load pre-requisites for a Feat @ Character level 2 or 3 - which is not the case here.

Use a Character Planner; with a minimum of creative tweaking, you should be able to get where you want to go with that build order. Or, at worst, with a Lesser HoW if you really screwed up.

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455712-Character-Builder-Lite?p=5534437&viewfull=1#post5534437