PDA

View Full Version : Reaper XP Potions, Alignment Past Lives and the Evil Alignment

TimtheGreat89
11-11-2017, 02:21 AM
There are three ideas I like to put into this entry.

First, many people don't get enough Reaper XP no matter the skull level. But Reaper XP potions for increase can change all that, and they would work very much the same as other XP potions and would stack with other forms of XP. They would make getting new Reaper Enhancements so much easier and faster. This is in the case of most people that just want to get stronger faster, so they can take on the higher skull levels.

The second idea is Alignment Past Lives. I get we have all the past lives in every way we can imagine, but what if we had Alignment Past Lives that would give us extra benefit. Compared to the Heroic, Epic, Racial, Iconic past lives, an alignment past life could work in the very same way and it would benefit us with something every time we TR.

The third is the Evil Alignment. I think loads of people would want to have this, even me. Who doesn't want to be good? Wouldn't it be awesome if we were evil? Being on the dark side in my opinion is an extreme pleasure, and it feels good to be evil. So, lets make these ideas happen and bring more fun to DDO.

blerkington
11-11-2017, 03:19 AM
The second idea is Alignment Past Lives. I get we have all the past lives in every way we can imagine, but what if we had Alignment Past Lives that would give us extra benefit. Compared to the Heroic, Epic, Racial, Iconic past lives, an alignment past life could work in the very same way and it would benefit us with something every time we TR.

Even suggesting this makes you one of history's greatest monsters.

TimtheGreat89
11-11-2017, 04:32 AM
Even suggesting this makes you one of history's greatest monsters.

Lol xD

We all have to be the greatest monsters throughout history sometime.

Vish
11-11-2017, 07:30 AM
Yes, yes, and yes

HastyPudding
11-11-2017, 08:55 AM
I seem to recall that we had the evil alignment in-game a long time ago and it was removed because people were trolling with it. Also, being evil doesn't fit into the overwhelming majority of the quest lines or lore.

Aelonwy
11-11-2017, 11:44 AM
During a PnP game with friends my bard was stabbed in the back by our ranger that was secretly Neutral Evil, she didn't die from scimitar wounds though... no she perished from lightning bolt to the face when our less than intelligent sorceress cast at the ranger... while he still had hold of and was using my bard as a human or in this case elven shield.

Everyone was role-playing their characters appropriately but I can't say I enjoyed the outcome of that game so much.

Consequently, NO to evil alignments. Just NO.

TimtheGreat89
11-11-2017, 03:24 PM
During a PnP game with friends my bard was stabbed in the back by our ranger that was secretly Neutral Evil, she didn't die from scimitar wounds though... no she perished from lightning bolt to the face when our less than intelligent sorceress cast at the ranger... while he still had hold of and was using my bard as a human or in this case elven shield.

Everyone was role-playing their characters appropriately but I can't say I enjoyed the outcome of that game so much.

Consequently, NO to evil alignments. Just NO.

Well that's your opinion, but you must at least improve of the Reaper XP Increase potions.

Uska
11-12-2017, 10:24 PM
No to alignment past lives and A HUGE NO TO EVIL

Uska
11-12-2017, 10:25 PM
I seem to recall that we had the evil alignment in-game a long time ago and it was removed because people were trolling with it. Also, being evil doesn't fit into the overwhelming majority of the quest lines or lore.

There was never ever evil in DDO

Annex
11-13-2017, 04:34 AM
I thought Tomes of Heroic Experience, Tomes of Epic Experience, all Experience Potions, Voice of the Master, Mantle of the Worldshaper, The Master's Gift, and Guild Airship Experience Shrines already boosted Reaper Experience. Is that not so? You want an experience boost on top of the experience boosts from all those other sources?

/not signed for alignment reincarnation. Just ugg. If the developers ever limit the total number of usable Past Life Feats or add alternative ways to earn non-stacking Past Life Feats, I could be convinced to change my opinion.

/not signed for evil alignments. Just ugg. Faction based games function with plenty of evil characters but those games include mechanisms to keep the factions apart. The developers would need to modify many spells to work properly in a world with evil characters and also change the Group Finder to allow exclusion of characters of specific alignments. Even as someone who rarely groups, that seems like a whole lot of work to keep people from playing together in a game with a dwindling population.

SirValentine
11-14-2017, 08:15 PM
First, many people don't get enough Reaper XP no matter the skull level. But Reaper XP potions for increase can change all that, and they would work very much the same as other XP potions...

We already have that. You can buy them in the DDO Store. And, yes, they work "very much the same" as "other" XP potions.

We already have too much reincarnation. Devs should work on a bringing back a real end-game, not further diluting it.

The third is the Evil Alignment. I think loads of people would want to have this, even me. Who doesn't want to be good? Wouldn't it be awesome if we were evil? Being on the dark side in my opinion is an extreme pleasure, and it feels good to be evil. So, lets make these ideas happen and bring more fun to DDO.

No, it doesn't belong in this game. The fact that you think evil is "fun" or "feels good" leads me to have doubts about your mental state, and worry about the safety of those around you.

TimtheGreat89
11-19-2017, 06:53 AM
Okay, it would seem that plenty enough people have shot down my ideas for reaper xp potions, alignment past lives and the evil alignment, which is utterly sad. But you know me, I'm just a crazy vision person with ideas that are completely bonkers. But thank you for your humble opinions, even when most of them are negative.