PDA

View Full Version : Strength Race

PsychoBlonde
11-04-2017, 04:44 PM
So, given the way the racial past life points are currently distributed, it's most sensible to expect the next race to be a +Strength race to even out the count.

The trouble is, there isn't much in the way of "core" player races that get +2 strength. The two big ones, Half-Orc and Dragonborn, are already done.

If you look at the semi-likely candidates for next race, you get (speculation):

Kobold (+dex)
Tiefling (+dex)
Githzerai (+dex)

None of those really work.

Hobgoblin might work, but exactly how many people have you seen on the forums asking to play a Hobgoblin? None, that's how many.

What else you got? Half-ogre? Basically a stronger half-orc.

I think Thri-Kreen might be quite interesting. They have got one seriously whacky basic stat layout: +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma

Plus, they're psionic, so they'd go along well with adding some psionics to the game.

Dandonk
11-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Gimme thri-kreen, I wants. Naow.

(also, we need more bugs)

bjones0064
11-04-2017, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=PsychoBlonde;6036104]So, given the way the racial past life points are currently distributed, it's most sensible to expect the next race to be a +Strength race to even out the count.

The trouble is, there isn't much in the way of "core" player races that get +2 strength. The two big ones, Half-Orc and Dragonborn, are already done.

I have few ideas Orge, Vampire, Goliath, and Bugbear are a few ideas.

I hope the devs see my post. I'm a barbarian player it would make me happy to a response from this. :)

Qhualor
11-04-2017, 05:40 PM
I have been thinking about this myself recently. The only races that come to mind is Daelkyr Half-Blood and Eneko. Though interesting, I doubt it. New races seem to be tied in to upcoming content. Things to consider

1. A new expansion planned in the next couple years or so?
2. Eberron specific race or a race that is at least somewhat known to be a part of the Eberron campaign.
3. 5E

I have a sneaky feeling Kobold would be a top contender regardless of anything.

MalkavianX
11-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Yes to Thri-Kreen! I played a Thri-Kreen monk in pnp a looong time ago, so much fun.

blerkington
11-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Bugbear is the best candidate for the next race, and STR makes sense for them too.

So get to work on bugbears immediately please. We need more feasting and chortling in the game, and bugbears would bring it.

bjones0064
11-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Bugbear is the best candidate for the next race, and STR makes sense for them too.

So get to work on bugbears immediately please. We need more feasting and chortling in the game, and bugbears would bring it.

What about Goliath?

PsychoBlonde
11-07-2017, 01:15 AM
I have been thinking about this myself recently. The only races that come to mind is Daelkyr Half-Blood and Eneko. Though interesting, I doubt it. New races seem to be tied in to upcoming content. Things to consider

1. A new expansion planned in the next couple years or so?
2. Eberron specific race or a race that is at least somewhat known to be a part of the Eberron campaign.
3. 5E

I have a sneaky feeling Kobold would be a top contender regardless of anything.

I honestly would not be too surprised if we get another expansion *next year*, but doubtless a lot of factors play into this.

Grandern_Marn
11-07-2017, 04:31 AM
What about Goliath?

Goliath would be rad!

Not so hot on Thri-kreen. We have Dragonborn, let’s take it easy on the ridiculous races. I’d prefer to see humanoid races first. You go to Thri-kreen too quick then you might as well just bring on the neon pink dancing bears at which point the game is basically dead to me.

PsychoBlonde
11-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Goliath is a half-orc re-skin and Thri-Kreen have been around as a possible player race since BEFORE third edition.

Enoach
11-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Maybe the half-giant all that is needed is to convince them now it is time for psionics in the game.