PDA

View Full Version : Bariaur Race

TimtheGreat89
11-03-2017, 09:20 AM
I was knocking off on the internet one day, just looking at stuff and etc. I came across a number of pictures showing a type of Centaur Race called Bariaurs. They're built like centaurs, except they have a goat's body from the waist down and they have horns from the tops of their heads kinda like a satur but completely different. I found that they might be related to D&D, or I could be wrong and they are only related to Planescape. If they are related to D&D, I would like to see something done about them. Maybe a new story arc or quest chain, or a new area but that's just me with my fantasies again.

cpw_acc
11-06-2017, 09:04 AM
They were from Planescape (though may have been first introduced in some earlier product), originating from the outer plane of Ysgard.

They were a playable race in D&D, though being a pessimist I would hate to think of all the pain and problems it would cause to the game engine with trying to bring in a four-legged playable model! Besides, which legs would the magic boots go on?

As a slight aside, it would be nice if elements from other planes were brought in aside from Shavarath (I know Ravenloft coming up, but I'm thinking some of the more far-out places, such as Pandemonium, Limbo, Mechanus etc etc).