PDA

View Full Version : Is Purity of Heart bugged?

Dullthud
10-28-2017, 09:46 PM
I'm playing a pure Favored Soul with the Purity of Heart option and it's been OK so far except for one problem.

At level 18 I'm running 3329 maximum spell points under normal conditions. When I die my maximum spell points obviously drop due to death penalties, but even after a rest my maximum spell points are 2736. This maximum will remain till the end of the quest.

I noticed this some levels earlier and, on some occasions, the normal maximum spell points would only return after quitting out of the game and logging back in.

Is this a bug or is it WAI? Replies of "just don't die" with be treated with deserved contempt.

Xgya
10-28-2017, 10:04 PM
Do you have any items giving you mana? How much mana do they give exactly? This might also have to do with FvS supposedly gaining twice the amount from Wizardry-type items.

This is a difference of 593 mana. Not exactly two negative level-equivalents, but close. The fact it isn't a round number tells me it's not Heart, but it could be linked.

Dullthud
10-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Do you have any items giving you mana? How much mana do they give exactly? This might also have to do with FvS supposedly gaining twice the amount from Wizardry-type items.

This is a difference of 593 mana. Not exactly two negative level-equivalents, but close. The fact it isn't a round number tells me it's not Heart, but it could be linked.

Making me do some work, eh? Totally unequipped I have 2872 maximum spell points. I get 457 SP from equipment: 162 (324) from a Wizardry item and I guess the rest for Wisdom enhancements. I tried removing and replacing my gear to fix this problem before but to no avail.

Maybe the problem lies in the fact that I use Wisdom as a main stat? Anyway, the problem exists. To complicate things further, if I replace my equipment in a certain way I get an extra 2 maximum SP.

Brightheart245
11-01-2017, 01:35 PM
I never thought about Purity of Heart causing this issue, so thanks for raising the point! This is an infuriating bug, considering that my part of my playstyle utilizes a sort of method that relies on switching gear after a certain % of SP has been depleted, so when I lose my maximum for shrines after death, I miss out on a good chunk of SP.

I cannot recite the exact #s in my case, but for a while I suspected it was my LGS set that was causing this issue. However, I recall that I still gained SP when switching back and forth out of the set items, and in your case being under lvl 26, that would not be the case. At around 10.1k SP, every time I died, I would revive at somewhere around 8.4k, but I cannot exactly remember the latter #. And since I TRed my main last night I cannot go back and check at this moment. :(

An insight I may add about this issue that any sort of instance zoning cures the SP loss - so when you leave the dungeon or relog, this fixes it as you've mentioned, but also going through one instance in the quest to another (via a door) would also fix this too. Just something to know if there is a door somewhat nearby the shrine!

In regards to SP loss in general, another bug that also really gets me is that if you relog at all with the LGS dominion set active, it depletes a good portion, I want to say at least 25%, of the SP bar, and cumulatively so if you relog multiple times. Essentially, if I relogged twice consecutively (at least in timely manner of say, within ~30 min of each other), I would lose half my SP bar, and this could continue per relog until I had zero SP (presumably).

Very annoying, and I really hope there will be fixes for these at some point! :(

Nandos
11-12-2017, 11:01 PM
My Animal domain cleric has an ability very similar to Favored Soul's Stout of Heart (10 extra hit points per level). Some times when I die and resurrect, I lose all the bonus hit points until I zone out of the quest or relog. I wonder if the way they programmed the extra hit points/spell points gets bugged from time to time when you die?

Try reequipping your gear especially armor as a workaround. I heard it forces the game to recalculate a number of the character's stats and maybe these bonuses as well.

xenon211
12-13-2017, 06:04 PM
I have noticed the same thing. It is especially annoying in Through the Mirror Darkly. Each and every time I used the mirror I lost (at the time) 110 hp. It wasn't too critical since I had about 700 health in heroics at that point, but it was very, very annoying. Worse is when you die and lose the hp permanently till after the quest. I will have to try jiggering my con necklace or other gears next time to see if it restores it.

Jorgon_Roderson
12-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Ahhh... that explains it. Was trying to find an answer to my HP drop. Hope they fix this soon.

Another way to get HP/SP back in quest - Un-equip and re-equip your armor. Not possible in some situations but a quick-ish fix nonetheless. No re-log or quest completion necessary. :cool: