PDA

View Full Version : Warpriest/Soul rework idea

TMTrainer
10-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Constructive criticism encouraged. I really like the idea of this tree, I want it to work, but right now it's really dated.

--Core--
Core 1
* Smite Foe: Smite your enemy with a melee attack that deals an additional 2[W] damage. (Cooldown: 10 seconds) (Cooldown changed from 15 -> 10 seconds)
* Inflame: You and your nearby allies gain a +2 sacred bonus to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, and Damage Rolls. 30 seconds. (costs 30 SP, 1 minute cooldown) (Changed into a core ability, no longer an action boost)
* +2 Armor Class
* +2 PRR (Added)
* +5 Fire Spell Power
* +5 Light Spell Power
Core 2
* Resilience of Battle: You gain flat DR equal to your cleric level. (Changed from 5/-)
* Inflame: Increased to +4 sacred bonus to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, and Damage Rolls.
* +2 Armor Class
* +2 PRR (Added)
* +5 Fire Spell Power
* +5 Light Spell Power
Core 3
* Sanctuary: Your inflame gives you and your allies a +20 Sacred bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance. (Changed to be a part of inflame, and added Magical Resistance)
* Your Smite Foe does 1[W] more damage and has a +1 increase to critical threat range. (New)
* +2 Armor Class
* +2 PRR (Added)
* +5 Fire Spell Power
* +5 Light Spell Power
Core 4
*Blur: Blur is added to your spellbook as a level 2 spell. In addition, you permanently benefit from the effect of the Blur spell. (Renamed because Domains actually exist now)
* Inflame: Increased to +6 sacred bonus to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, and Damage Rolls.
*+2 Armor Class
* +2 PRR (Added)
* +5 Fire Spell Power
* +5 Light Spell Power
Core 5
* Haste: Haste is added to your spellbook as a level 3 spell. In addition, you permanently benefit from the effect of the Haste Spell) (Renamed because Domains actually exist now, added permanent haste)
* Smite Foe now hits twice. (new)
* +2 Armor Class
* +2 PRR (Added)
* +5 Fire Spell Power
* +5 Light Spell Power
Core 6
* Implacable Foe: Activate: You and nearby allies gain 150 Temporary Hit Points and they gain 15 Melee, Ranged and stacking Universal spell power. For the next 20 seconds, these bonuses will refresh every second on you and each ally that remains in range. These effects will expire 5 seconds after they are no longer refreshed. (Cooldown: 3 minutes) (False Health 100 -> 150, 10% increase to damage -> 15 Melee, Ranged and stacking spell power, 18 seconds -> 20, refresh every 3 seconds -> every second, cooldown changed from 5 minutes -> 3 minutes)
* Inflame: Increased to +8 sacred bonus to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, and Damage Rolls.
* Smite Foe acts like En Point for the purposes of a cleave. (new)
* Divine Vessel now triggers on reaching 20 stacks of Divine Conduit, instead of 25.
You gain +2 to all stats (Not just Constitution)
* +5 Armor Class (increased)
* +5 PRR (Added)
* +20 Fire Spell Power (increased)
* +20 Light Spell Power (increased)

--Tier 1--
* Divine Might: Unchanged (give clerics the Wisdom version of this, please)
* Toughness: Unchanged (it's not the worst)
* Righteous Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to its Enhancement Bonus. (Great!)
* Sacred Touch: When you heal allies (with positive energy damage spells and healing effects) they gain +1/+2/+3 AC, +1/+2/+3 PRR and +1/+2/+3 MRR for 12 seconds. (added healing effects and added MRR)
*Awareness: +1/+2/+3 Listen, Search and Spot. Rank 3: +1 save vs traps. (Kinda pointless but the best you could do is replaced this with other skills)

--Tier 2--
* Smite Weakness: When you strike an enemy with Smite Foe, they gain four to seven stacks of Vulnerable. (For each stack, the target takes 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.) (Unchanged)
* Wall of Steel: +3/+6/+10 Physical Resistance Rating (Amazing, unchanged)
* Righteous Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains an additional +1 to its Enhancement Bonus. (Unchanged)
-- Requires: Righteous Weapons (Tier 1)
* Inflame: Building the Flame: Your inflame lasts 20/40/60 seconds longer. On the final tier, Inflame now grants everyone a +1 sacred bonus damage per 5 cleric levels of the caster (New, replaces old Inflame)
* Inflame: Saving Throws: Your Inflame now also grants a sacred bonus to all Saving Throws equal to the boost it gives to armor class. (Saving Throws value modified)
-- No longer requires a prerequisite.

--Tier 3--
* Burden of Sin: 30%/40%/50% Chance on Being Hit or On hit: The enemy that struck you gains one stack of Burdened. (-1 to Strength and Dexterity. This effect stacks up to 10 times, and loses one stack on expiration.) (Increased from 15/30/45, added "on hit").
* Righteous Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains an additional +1 to its Enhancement Bonus. (Unchanged)
-- Required Righteous Weapons (Tier 2)
* Inflame: Energy Absorption: Your Inflame now also grants a +5%/+10%/+15% Action Boost bonus to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic Energy Absorption. (Energy Absorption reduces damage from that energy type by a percentage, after Energy Resistance has been taken into account.) (Unchanged)
-- No longer requires a prerequisite.
* Articles of Faith: Your deity's favored weapon is considered a Spellcasting Implement in your hands. (new, I feel like it fits the tree too well)
-- Anti-requisite: Articles of Faith: Angel of Vengeance.
*Wisdom, Strength, or Charisma (Unchanged)

--Tier 4--
* Ameliorating Strike: When you strike an enemy with Smite Foe, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d2 per character level, +2 per cleric level, and benefit from the effects of the Lesser Restoration spell. The heal from Ameliorating Strike is affected by your Positive Spell Power and Critical. (Added +2 per cleric level and is now effect by positive spell critical)
* Light Guard: Enemies that strike you are dealt 2d6/4d6/6d6 Light Damage and gain a stack of light vulnerability. Undead take an additional 2d6/4d6/6d6 light damage and gain 2 stacks of light vulnerability. Light vulnerability can stack 20 times. (Damage increased from 1d4/2d4/3d4, vulnerability and undead bonuses added)
-- Required Righteous Weapons (Tier 3)
* Wisdom, Strength, or Charisma (Unchanged)

-- Tier 5--
* Divine Power: Your god has imbued you with power and skill in combat, granting a +6 stacking bonus to your highest ability score, and a base attack bonus equal to a fighter of the same level. (Changed from Enhancement -> Stacking, Strength -> Highest ability score)
* Toggle: While active, your attacks generate a stack of Divine Conduit. When Divine Conduit reaches 25, it is removed and nearby enemies take 1d6 Fire and 1d6 Light damage per character level. (Damage from Divine Vessel is affected by Fire and Light Spell Power, and by your spell critical, if applicable).

Undead take double the damage.

You gain stacks of divine power from hitting enemies, each individual enemy can only give you a stack every 3/2/1 second(s).
If you have Implacable Foe, Divine Vessel will trigger upon reaching 20 stacks of Divine Conduit, instead of 25. (Increased damage from 1d4 -> 1d6 with a bonus to undead, now stacks faster when there are more enemies; for example, if you cleave and hit 5 enemies, you gain 5 stacks of divine power).
* Wrathful Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains an additional +3 to its Enhancement Bonus. Your deity's favored weapon gains +1[W], Disruption, Ghostbane and deals 1d4 light damage per enhancement bonus of the weapon. (increased enhancement bonus from +1 -> 3, removed on vorpal 3d4 light damage for 6 seconds, added all of the other effects).
* Magic Backlash: When an enemy damages you with a spell, there is a 10%/20%/30% chance they will be knocked down. (Unchanged, it's fine)
* Divine Intervention: Ward your target against fatal damage. Hit point damage cannot lower a warded ally's hit point total below 1. When a warded ally is reduced to 1 hit point, they are made immune to damage and negative effects for 3 seconds. Then this effect heals the target for 100 to 200 hit points and all all stat damage and negative levels are removed. Afterwards, the target receives 200 PRR and MRR for 6 seconds and then these effects fade. You can only have 1 ally warded at a time, and the ward lasts forever until the target is reduced to 1 hit point. The healing is effected by positive spell power and critical. (Activation Cost: 30 spell points. Cooldown: 2 minutes) (Hit point total changed from -9 -> 1. Heal increased from 10-39 -> 100-200. Added PRR and MRR. Changed duration to permanent until effects occur)

This is probably overtuned, that's fine, I'm not a game developer. I wanted to throw out some ideas to see what others thought about this tree.

Selvera
10-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Interesting indeed; but in counterpoint I think... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489851-Warpriest-rework

Explanations for all of my changes in said post. If you wish I can comment on what I like/don't like about your changes. I feel like my changes add more consistency and a better melee/spell hybrid class instead of your changes which seem to rely more on critical chances.

Are you sure amel can't crit? Been a while since my last Amel build; but I remember it being very luck based already; sometimes healing for just 300 and sometimes healing for well over 2k total.

TMTrainer
10-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Interesting indeed; but in counterpoint I think... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489851-Warpriest-rework

Explanations for all of my changes in said post. If you wish I can comment on what I like/don't like about your changes. I feel like my changes add more consistency and a better melee/spell hybrid class instead of your changes which seem to rely more on critical chances.

Are you sure amel can't crit? Been a while since my last Amel build; but I remember it being very luck based already; sometimes healing for just 300 and sometimes healing for well over 2k total.

First, my goal wasn't to make the class crit reliant, it was more or less adding crit to effects I think are appropriate... making them spells as opposed to simply effects that deal damage. That said, my main goal wasn't to totally rework the tree, just bring it up to date/at the power level of newer trees.

Second, I'm not entirely sure about Amel. I know it *can* crit, but I don't think it's playing nice with difference sources of crit based on my experiences.

Third, I dig your changes. I think your ideas are a totally viable route they could take in buffing the class.