PDA

View Full Version : What gear from auction houses will increase character's wisdom ability score?

Zaharia
10-11-2017, 11:07 AM
What are the names of gear that increase’s a character’s wisdom ability score found in auction houses?

Would like to know what wording I should be searching for in auction houses to shop for gear that increases a character’s wisdom ability score while that gear is equipped?

I have “lesser Reincarnation” a drow monk to a rogue/ranger/fighter to not lose bags, skill tomes, ability tomes, and bank space already purchased. When I did reincarnation I focused on CONSTITUTION and INTELLIGENCE as this character will be a fighter/trapper. Rangers do get a small limited number of spells starting at 4th level. If character was a human, I have 32-point build, so could have started with WISDOM 11. The +7 ability tome would have advanced WISDOM to 18 which is 4 over needed 14 for ranger spells. However “Lesser Reincarnation” does not allow you to change race, so Drow character stuck with 28-point build (if building from scratch would have done Human 32-point build). Drow birth of 8 + 7 tome = 15, which is one over 14 WISDOM requirement, but I don’t get that until obtaining character level 27.

There are only nine (9) Ranger spells I am interested in;
• Summon Nature’s Ally; I, II, III, IV
• Resist Energy
• Jump
• Longstride
• Cure light wounds
• Cure moderate wounds
• Neutralize Poison
• Remove Disease
• Cure serious wounds
…so this character is not “spell casting” focused. It is CONSTITUTION / INTELLIGENT base;
CON of 16 (Drow max at birth) + 3 lvl ups, + 7 tome = 26 by level 27. This is not tank per say, but with STR and DEX of 19 by lvl 27 my hope is this character will be a strong good two-weapon khopesh fighter and excellent trapper.

Just wanting to know what gear I might be able to purchase to help character’s WISDOM until they reach level 27.

All input welcome, thx in advance, Bye.

PsychoBlonde
10-11-2017, 11:14 AM
You're looking for a "Prudent" item.

Hamagawi
10-11-2017, 11:34 AM
The keywords that you are looking for are "prudent" and "wise" they won't ever both be present but either one is indicative that the item has a wisdom bonus. Items where the wisdom bonus is a suffix rather than a prefix will be named "of Wisdom" instead.

You didn't really ask about your build but as you are focusing on int if you are not already using the harper universal enhancement tree I'd recommend considering buying that as well, it grants the ability to use int for hit chance and damage bonus(if not using the int to damage for xbows from the mech tree).

whoolsey
10-12-2017, 06:19 AM
The item your looking for is a tr veteran, use it instead of summon animal.
They are usually stronger then the summons and often heal themselves, sometimes they even heal you.

As for most of the rest of the spell list, use potions. More reliable and work at a lower level.

Zaharia
10-12-2017, 08:56 AM
The item your looking for is a tr veteran, use it instead of summon animal.
They are usually stronger then the summons and often heal themselves, sometimes they even heal you.

As for most of the rest of the spell list, use potions. More reliable and work at a lower level.

What is a "tr veteran"? On http://ddowiki.com my search did not produce any results that I understood to help me understand what you are recommending. Can you provide more info?

Yes, this character is a "pot head" (uses lots of potions) but just for BOSS battles to date. Shires and cleric hirelings deal with healing. Was hoping the Ranger's class healing spell ability would eventually reduce my reliance on cleric hirelings.

whoolsey
10-12-2017, 05:04 PM
What is a "tr veteran"? On http://ddowiki.com my search did not produce any results that I understood to help me understand what you are recommending. Can you provide more info?

Yes, this character is a "pot head" (uses lots of potions) but just for BOSS battles to date. Shires and cleric hirelings deal with healing. Was hoping the Ranger's class healing spell ability would eventually reduce my reliance on cleric hirelings.

tr vet, a person who has tr-ed many times and did many past lives.

Zaharia
10-12-2017, 11:59 PM
tr vet, a person who has tr-ed many times and did many past lives.

So this is NOT an item I can buy in DDO store or auction houses, correct?

whoolsey
10-13-2017, 03:25 AM
Usually not unless you're really rich.
If you're social and tell them in advance they might let you join their groups. XD