PDA

View Full Version : Keep random chance of Mimic spawn on chests permanently not just during Mimic Event

JOTMON
10-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Would like to see the mimic event kept on permanently

just reduce spawn chance during regular season and amp up spawn chances during the mimic event season.

bls904c2
10-10-2017, 10:49 PM
i second that

Cleanincubus
10-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Personally (I'm sure I'm not the only one) who would find it incredibly annoying. The only way I'd be ok with it is if the Mimic Repellent was put on by default, and had to be removed by the NPC.

However on last weeks Live Stream (maybe the week before ?), Cordovan said the Mimic event would be a fairly regular occurrence, unlike other events. As in an every 3-4 months regular occurrence.

Friggli
10-10-2017, 11:10 PM

However on last weeks Live Stream (maybe the week before ?), Cordovan said the Mimic event would be a fairly regular occurrence, unlike other events. As in an every 3-4 months regular occurrence.

Serously? I don't follow livestreams, but this would be great news! I loved the event, but it was impossible for a casual as I am to get any items...

Annex
10-11-2017, 05:59 AM
Hmm. I feel...ambivalence?

On the one hand, random chests spawning as Mimics feels like something the core game _should_ have. I personally find them extremely funny and enjoyed hunting them.

On the other hand, if Mimics become a core mechanic the thrill sort of disappears.

I could go either way.

What I really want are more special events such that something is always "coming up".

Arkai
10-11-2017, 06:12 AM
I love this idea.

Generally I skip almost every chest/optional because i am not interested in random loot, but when mimic event is on, I collect every treasure just for the excitement... will this be a mimic? So much fun :)

Wh070aa
10-11-2017, 08:36 AM
>When You want to fight mimics more than get the actual loot thats in the chest...

cpw_acc
10-11-2017, 09:10 AM
I would love it even more if there were mimics that looked like bookcases or altars, so that when you went to pick up that collectable...

:)

Though maybe not too often.

Enoach
10-11-2017, 10:28 AM
I've always felt that the rare chance of a mimic chest was something missing from DDO since I first started.

I think it would keep things lively. Maybe need to adjust CR to be more appropriate for the Quests level range and Difficulty setting should not be a factor in the chance.

Of course even if we don't get this for every quest, maybe it should happen for all the quests that are closer in association to Xoriat. Or chests associated with Xoriat creatures.

Vish
10-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Please, just no.

Yamani
10-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind this. Just remind players they have the choice to turn it off, and if they dont want others opening mimics they themselves should say that in chat if it is their party, if its not their party its not their rules. :P

Aelonwy
10-11-2017, 01:50 PM
I would enjoy this... but i would need more mimic forms eventually... alchemy tables, bookshelves, rubble piles, shrines... :p

vryxnr
10-11-2017, 04:53 PM
I too would love this.

GeoffWatson
10-11-2017, 07:18 PM
I would enjoy this... but i would need more mimic forms eventually... alchemy tables, bookshelves, rubble piles, shrines... :p

And barrels, crates, boxes - imagine breaking a dozen boxes at once and getting several mimics.

Aelonwy
10-11-2017, 08:28 PM
And barrels, crates, boxes - imagine breaking a dozen boxes at once and getting several mimics.

Now I want to photoshop a bunch of DDO interactables as mimics for the giggles.

Sunnie
10-12-2017, 08:51 AM
I would love this and have asked for the same in the past. Give chests a global chance of ~1% of being a mimic at all times, and ramp it up during the event.

Bogenbroom
10-12-2017, 11:43 AM
I would love this and have asked for the same in the past. Give chests a global chance of ~1% of being a mimic at all times, and ramp it up during the event.

Yeah, it would have to be rare. Outside of a set event, frequent Mimics would be *really* annoying. However, one in a blue moon is just one of those random occurrences that help to keep things interesting.

Alisonique
10-13-2017, 07:54 AM
?Yes, yes, oh and yes again.

Eric_the_Dead
10-13-2017, 09:56 AM
i would enjoy this... But i would need more mimic forms eventually... Alchemy tables, bookshelves, rubble piles, shrines... :p

yummm!

Ralmeth
10-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Yes, please. Why would you not have mimics spawn once in a while on regular chests?

Saekee
10-13-2017, 04:19 PM
I would love it even more if there were mimics that looked like bookcases or altars, so that when you went to pick up that collectable...

:)

Though maybe not too often.

/signed

Sweyn
10-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Would like to see the mimic event kept on permanently

just reduce spawn chance during regular season and amp up spawn chances during the mimic event season.

No No NO!!!! Absolutely not.

Yes, please. Why would you not have mimics spawn once in a while on regular chests?

Umm because they are a huge annoyance?

Qhualor
10-13-2017, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't want the Mimic event kept on permanently, but I would like to see a low chance of seeing a possible mimic and not just as a chest. maybe a 1-5% chance and include them in the Monster Manual.

Lokeal_The_Flame
11-09-2017, 12:50 PM
I think the mimic farming should be year round, but when the mimic festival is not running should be based on a potion you drank to increase your appeal to mimics (Temporarily turns you into a mild mimic bait for 48 hours, pauses in public, not counting crystal cove wilderness). The mimic that would appear would only be interested in attacking whoever drank said potion and can not be damaged by players who have not drank said potion. Potions should be able to be purchased for 500 mysterious remnants.