PDA

View Full Version : Polished ore

crazycaren
10-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Hi
Polished ore is required for cannith crafting a base ability: Dex. Yet there are no reliable drops of this class of items (T4 Cultural in the awesome guide:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478811-This-is-How-To-Farm-the-New-Collectables-System-Efficiently).

Running Wheloon slayer is one way to farm backpacks that can drop any item. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/485586-Wheloon-Prison-backpack-farming)

I spent an hour minutes running the Wheloon loop, so triggered approximately 96 backpacks to get just 6 polished ores. Just an annoying grind, for a base stat item.

Please add specific T4 Cultural heroic collectibles to suitable quests!
Perhaps you could replace the T4 any T4 Cultural in these quests: Tavern Brawl HE, Madstone Crater HE, A Cabal For One HE, The Prisoner EC, Fleshmaker's Lab HE, the Lords of Dust EC, Desecrated Temple of Vol HE, Mask of Deception HN, Terminal Delirium HC

Please add the ability to combine Chipped Bone Talisman into Polished Ore or break Elemental Ingots. Well, actually that goes for all the classes of collectibles!

thanks

PsychoBlonde
10-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Easiest way to get Polished Ore is from Earth and Fire elementals.

EllisDee37
10-11-2017, 01:22 AM
My longstanding suggestion for a legitimate fix remains unchanged:

Switch backpacks to only drop cultural. Rubble stays the same, with the same chances to drop all kinds as it has now.

Easiest way to get Polished Ore is from Earth and Fire elementals.Sadly, elementals drop tier 5, not tier 4.

Gargoyles drop tier 4, but only when running elite. Some good gargoyle farms include Redwillow's Ruins and Garl's Tomb in 3BC.

Saekee
10-11-2017, 07:12 AM
My longstanding suggestion for a legitimate fix remains unchanged:

Switch backpacks to only drop cultural. Rubble stays the same, with the same chances to drop all kinds as it has now.

Sadly, elementals drop tier 5, not tier 4.

Gargoyles drop tier 4, but only when running elite. Some good gargoyle farms include Redwillow's Ruins and Garl's Tomb in 3BC.

thx--there are gargoyles in ToEE part 1 with a chest in the northeast--what level & difficulty must one run it to get the polished ore from them? I am farming ToEE so thinking of getting two birds

EllisDee37
10-12-2017, 12:34 AM
thx--there are gargoyles in ToEE part 1 with a chest in the northeast--what level & difficulty must one run it to get the polished ore from them? I am farming ToEE so thinking of getting two birdsLevel is irrelevant (eg: Kobolds drop prayr beads from level 1 all the way to level 30), but the theory is that gargoyles only drop tier 4s on elite difficulty.

Let us know how your farming goes; maybe toss in enough hard and normals to get a single gargoyle tbag as a test and post back here with the results.