PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom or Charisma for Favored Soul?

PurpleTimb
09-29-2017, 12:07 PM
I have a human evoker pure favored soul currently at level 24. I'm going to respec him with the free LR but I can't decide if I should pick wisdom or charisma for my main stat. I was originally thinking charisma, but looking through my epic destinies I saw some abilities, such as celestial bombardment, that say they use wisdom for DC, not higher of wisdom or charisma. Can anyone help me out with some of the pros and cons of each?

phillymiket
09-29-2017, 12:47 PM
I have a human evoker pure favored soul currently at level 24. I'm going to respec him with the free LR but I can't decide if I should pick wisdom or charisma for my main stat. I was originally thinking charisma, but looking through my epic destinies I saw some abilities, such as celestial bombardment, that say they use wisdom for DC, not higher of wisdom or charisma. Can anyone help me out with some of the pros and cons of each?

Before this week the answer would have been Wisdom IMO. Charisma doesn't give that many SP and Wisdom determined DC.
Now both can be used for DC, both can be used for damage, so the difference is Cha skills vs Will Save.
Bombardment says "Modifiers to your evocation spell DCs affect this." but it also says "Wisdom Modifier" in the calculation. I'd think it would apply whichever was higher now.
If that's the case I'm thinking of going Charisma if I ever get around to capping the FVS.

unbongwah
09-29-2017, 12:55 PM
I was originally thinking charisma, but looking through my epic destinies I saw some abilities, such as celestial bombardment, that say they use wisdom for DC, not higher of wisdom or charisma. Can anyone help me out with some of the pros and cons of each?
Exalted Angel uses WIS or CHA and Burst of Glacial Wrath uses any caster stat (INT/WIS/CHA), so those don't matter. Crusader and Primal Avatar DCs use WIS only. Arcane ED abilities like Energy Burst are CHA or INT.

Figure out which set of abilities you want and pick your primary stat accordingly.

cru121
09-29-2017, 12:56 PM
energy burst doesn't have a wisdom based option

SirValentine
09-29-2017, 08:39 PM
Cha has more ways to raise it and more and better ways to use it.

PurpleTimb
09-30-2017, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys. I decided to go charisma because I want to twist in energy burst. Now I just need to redo my gear...

unbongwah
09-30-2017, 10:07 AM
Cha has more ways to raise it
Really? How so? I am way behind on gear, so... :o

SirValentine
09-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Really? How so? I am way behind on gear, so... :o

Not really from gear.

AoV capstone gives +2 Cha, no Wis.

EA gives an extra +2 to Cha that it doesn't give to Wis.

Racial PLs can give +2 to Cha, but only +1 to Wis.

You can grab extra +1 Cha enhancement in Harper.

Only 1 Iconic race gives Wis, but there are 2 non-Iconic races that give Cha.