PDA

View Full Version : Changes to CREATE/EDIT LFM and to the public group option

Chacka_DDO
09-14-2017, 10:51 AM
I think the creation of a looking for more (known in the game as CREATE/EDIT LFM) could be better if we have this:

1. A check box, if the group is public or not (this means if anyone who meets the selected requirements can join the group without the need to accept him by the party leader). This way you can open a public group from anywhere and not only if someone enters and starts a quest.

2. the level range should be a minus the normal level to plus the normal level of the quest you select. (this way you could determinate if the group gets bravery bonus and how much reaper experience penalty the group gets and if it is a reaper exp group at all).

3. if you enter a quest with the public group option selected, it should take the settings you selected in CREATE/EDIT LFM. And this is obviously the reason for 2., the quest you enter with the public group option determinates the normal level of the quest and your individual setting in CREATE/EDIT LFM determinates the final level range of your group.

4. The Public Group option on entering a quest should be renamed to “Automatically LFM creation")

5. the automatic acceptance for anyone who meets the requirements of a group should not time out. (or it could be optionally timed out)

6. almost unnecessary to mention, that the comment and difficulty you selected in CREATE/EDIT/LFM should be automatically shown in your LFM if you enter a quest with the automatically LFM creation (currently not the case if you enter a quest with the public group option)

The drop-down menu for the Max Party Size could be removed for it( I never used this and I see no sense in it at all, but maybe anyone can enlighten me here).
If possible, these settings should be saved even if I log out.
Currently, the difficulty of a quest created with the current Public Group option on entering a quest is not shown, this should be corrected.
I would even show the difficulty of a quest under Quest together with the name without the need to mouse over the quest. Because the most important information you need if you want to join a group is the quest name and the difficulty (it should display as “epic hard” or “heroic elite” or “legendary reaper” etc.). Most comments tell you the difficulty, but this could be done automatically.

JOTMON
09-14-2017, 11:27 AM
I think the creation of a looking for more (known in the game as CREATE/EDIT LFM) could be better if we have this:

1. A check box, if the group is public or not (this means if anyone who meets the selected requirements can join the group without the need to accept him by the party leader). This way you can open a public group from anywhere and not only if someone enters and starts a quest.

2. the level range should be a minus the normal level to plus the normal level of the quest you select. (this way you could determinate if the group gets bravery bonus and how much reaper experience penalty the group gets and if it is a reaper exp group at all).

3. if you enter a quest with the public group option selected, it should take the settings you selected in CREATE/EDIT LFM. And this is obviously the reason for 2., the quest you enter with the public group option determinates the normal level of the quest and your individual setting in CREATE/EDIT LFM determinates the final level range of your group.

4. The Public Group option on entering a quest should be renamed to “Automatically LFM creation")

5. the automatic acceptance for anyone who meets the requirements of a group should not time out. (or it could be optionally timed out)

The drop down menu for the Max Party Size could be removed for it( I never used this and I see no sense in it at all, but maybe anyone can enlighten me here).
If possible, these settings should be saved even if I log out.
Currently, the difficulty of a quest created with the current Public Group option on entering a quest is not shown, this should be corrected.
I would even show the difficulty of a quest under Quest together with the name without the need to mouse over the quest. Because the most important information you need if you want to join a group is the quest name and the difficulty (it should display as “epic hard” or “heroic elite” or “legendary reaper” etc.). Most comments tell you the difficulty, but this could be done automatically.

1. additional checkbox(s) should have been added to make the LFM system cleaner.
Still baffles me that any player entering the quest activates the public instance and not just the leaders.. its a pita for the leader to have to keep rejecting public instance pop-ups.
~LFM - leader controls.. options to block hirelings from being summoned without leaders permission a deny/ask/allow flag.,
~LFM - a boot hireling option Player X wants to join party, which hireling would you like to boot so real player can join.. instead of damn it have to reform the party around the guy who wont dismiss his hireling.
~LFM - Party leader can select if players can enter the quest first or if leader has to enter first.. prevents players from selecting wrong difficulty or zerging off before leader is ready.. should be leaders choice..
~LFM - Level range for joining.. Bravery bonus option that blocks anyone who will screw up xp from entering quest without leaders express permission.. covers players who level between quests in a chain...
~LFM - re-entry.. shouldn't happen without leaders permission

2. level range should default braver range and recognize reaper bravery range.
system was not updated to factor this in and still defaults to the 2 over quest level

3. The system should autofill the LFM with all the quest particulars when the leader picks up the quest.
LFM should auto populate with the current active quest information just waiting for the leaders approval to make public.

4. ?

5. Should just auto accept anyone to meets the requirements and require leader approval if they don't.

UurlockYgmeov
09-14-2017, 12:32 PM
I think we will see vast improvements to UI and items like this (maybe even, *GASP* GMS (see isg)), but for now, IMHO SSG is quietly and diligently working behind the scenes to update code and well, unravel the spaghetti. Doing this will allow for things like scaling UI and improved interfaces and more storage and so much more. To make a bad example, can't pull a 53' RV with a stock '73 beetle.

I like your suggestions.

Amundir
09-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Are you not aware of all the controversy surrounding a public option? Sheesh....

Seriously though, I liked most of your ideas.

Chacka_DDO
09-15-2017, 01:31 PM
I put a bit additional work in it to show how it would look like.
And of course, my English is not good, as you can see but I hope it is possible to get the meaning anyhow.

https://i.imgur.com/rT1u1cA.gif
https://i.imgur.com/nmupMvb.gif

The changes are not big, but this would save me from allot work every quest I do.
Most time I start groups and I can imagine a lot other group leaders would like this too.
With this changes, you enter a quest and an LFM automatically opens with the right settings, if you want to get bravery bonus, or if you want to have full reaper experience or if you like to do just normal exp and accept everyone in your group. With this minor change you set what you want and your lfm is right for you for every quest you select or if you enter a quest with the auto LFM option. Then it instantly opens the right LFM for your party goals.
With the LFM creation change, you could open a public group form your guild ship and then go afk and make a coffee while your group fills with players in the right level range. Otherwise, you must enter a quest to do this, with some negative consequences. Other players might misinterpreting your group as in progression. Even if this is not the case and you just gather more group members.
And while I am on a quest and fighting, I like if players are automatically accepted to my group.
So I don't miss someone (first come first serve and no one has to wait only because I did not see two or even more players wanted to fill the last open party spot while I am shortly afk or something).
I don't want this auto acceptation timed out, and I want the possibility to reopen my public LFM after someone left the group or I dismissed a hireling.
All this is currently not possible.
Currently, if you want to open public groups where players are automatically accepted you have to change your settings every single time. because the automatically selected level range is based on the level of the party leader who create the LFM if i got it right.
But this is quite senseless because the quest level determinate the level range. If you want bravery bonus it is the normal quest level +2 in heroic level +3 on a level 20 quest and +4 in epic quests (check boxes for bravery bonus groups, hard and elite and 100% reaper expirence groups would be also an option but I fear this is to much).

armagedan
09-24-2017, 01:30 PM
i like your ideas for pubic options, anther thing that could be done is the sorting of the quests. right now they are sorted by lvl which is fine, but they should first sort by quest lvl then sort them by quest name within the lvl sorted list.

Chacka_DDO
10-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Just as an addition.
I often wish I had the possibility to display a start time in my looking for more advertising. And I see some other players try this too if they write in there comments: start in 10 minutes or start at 11:00 am est or something.
But if you do so, you have to know when it happens in your time zone or you have to update your start time counter every few minutes. Therefore it would be maybe nice if the client could do this for you.
There could be even a start time displayed on the clients of everyone in the party (optional via the UI settings) so everyone in the party knows when they have to spend attention to the game again.

https://i.imgur.com/JfcBzeM.png

I know this is just a Suggestion and you can not have too much into your UI or it gets overloaded.
For example, I have no idea why you can set a party size, I never used it and never saw anyone use it, but maybe someone can enlighten me about the meaning of this option?
And you can open a separate Window for the Outstanding Invitation Requests, I don't see the sense of this additional display in this window.