PDA

View Full Version : more kobold-style challenges (and wilderness quests) please

delduath
09-08-2017, 05:02 PM
I rarely post but I want to express my appreciation for DDO.
I love the level of replayability, character customization, and especially the crafted content.

I have limitations in my schedule that makes it so I usually can't sit and play for a large block of time. So I often find myself playing wilderness mini quests/slayers and kobold challenges a lot.

Mainly the challenges I've been playing for years and I love it because it's like a mini arcade style game within a mmorpg (sort of like a pacman or donkey kong, etc). The 5-15 minute quests are good sized time chunks. Even the Crystal Cove 20 minute quest is great.
I keep "challenging" myself to do "better" runs or beat my previous best. There are mini goals and encounters which give it some randomness and luck. And the rewards structure is great (mats for you to choose what you want to craft). The difficulty is scalable as you progress in level or ability. You can improve your character or get new equipment from other quests and then go back in a challenge to see how much you have improved. You can group and try to get more stars.

I wanted to request more quests like kobold challenges please!

And if there is time, maybe tweak wilderness to be more replayable and have more involved mini quests and encounters.

Thanks!

PsychoBlonde
09-09-2017, 01:23 PM
I also like challenges and wilderness areas a lot. Bring it on!

delduath
09-16-2017, 06:05 PM
I also like challenges and wilderness areas a lot. Bring it on!

Thanks PsychoBlonde! Yay Crystal Cove back.
Anyway, needless to say I'd pay for another challenges quest pack. Lots of value. Even same game mechanics, just a few more maps please.

In terms of wilderness, necro 4 model is great with tapestries, shield pieces, etc. Too bad reward list is bit limited and dated. Make it as involved as cannith challenge upgradability, etc, would be nice.

Thanks for listening.

Annex
09-16-2017, 07:42 PM
I would fully support the addition of more Cannith style Challenges. They do random the right way (as opposed to Monster Champions) and, as you say, function like mini-games within the main game.

Eveningstar Challenges offer much less interesting play and I rarely bother with them.

I am fine with more Wilderness Areas as long as every new Wilderness Area includes a way to bypass the entire thing and jump directly to quests. Getting lost on a black map and getting bogged down fighting tons of enemies as I try to make my way to a quest entrance wastes my precious time and just sucks. Quests located deep in wilderness areas are quests I do not play and will not purchase ever again.

A Random Dungeon Generator based on Cannith Challenges would make a splendid addition to the game. Wonedream has a long thread on the subject.