PDA

View Full Version : What elements are viable in end game?

Haphazarduk
09-05-2017, 10:47 AM
I have run a couple of sorcerers into high heroics then got bored and switches to something else but I'd really like to take on into epic. I understand a dual combination of some sort is required but is water/cold as a lead element viable at 30? Is Fire?

Hap

Vish
09-05-2017, 01:27 PM
I ran an elec sorc,
See blue dragon in sorc

Didn't take it to epics
But it was a performer
Will run it again to 30

You're welcome if you want...

C-Dog
09-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Depends what you're running up against.

A lot of Demons/Devils are immune to Fire, so you def need a back up ~if~ you're running those quests.

And a lot of monsters are immune to "something" (or, worse, are healed by something!) - so it's good to have 2 elements (or at least 1 + Force). A true one-trick pony will hit a wall at some point if that's all they can bring to the table.

Selvera
09-05-2017, 06:15 PM
I run water-focused Arcane archers all the time. While cold is toted as one of the most resisted elements by some... I find that most things aren't immune to cold, and those that are immune to cold (namely the majority of skeletons) are typically not resistant to force (which arcane archers can switch to easily enough). Even on a Sorc, I expect you to be able to do decent force damage in addition to your main element (MM and ruin/Gruin are force damage, or at least use force spellpower).

Ralmeth
09-05-2017, 07:18 PM
I ran a fire sorc last life. It was tons of fun, but in some of the high end quests the mobs (ex. demons, devils) were totally immune to fire. Sure, I had a back-up that did cause some damage, but it was an inefficient use of SPs. If you were running solo, a quest might be impossible, and if you were in a group, you would get carried. As a result, there were certain quests I learned I just wasn't going to run:( It was disappointing, and I think it would have been better if you could do at least some damage (ex. half damage).

Haphazarduk
09-06-2017, 02:33 AM
I was looking at running a cold sorc with either force or electric secondary as I wanted to try out Dragonborn. However (as usual) I've become enamoured with a particular idea so I'm going to run a cold sorc half-elf with Warlock dilettante. The extra fire damage seems more than I was expecting and is a good (and slightly ironic) foil to cold-immune and high dex mobs. I'm not sure how the extra damage will scale (I suspect not well) and I don't expect to be abel to keep up my fire spellpower as well obviously but it's worth a shot.

As usual the main challenge for playing this build is the half elf facial model....

Hap

cru121
09-06-2017, 04:29 AM
As usual the main challenge for playing this build is the half elf facial model....

Can be easily improved by selecting the appropriate cosmetics.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NN3ACenoFWw/TOqUVjeptzI/AAAAAAAADIc/VwEHpbBjVpw/brown%20bag_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Morroiel
09-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Sounds like you don't want to play endgame (level 30 , high reaper skulls raids/quests). If you do air or earth + harper tree enchant focused dc caster. CC and instakills all the way.

Sounds like you want to do epic. For this I recommend going 41 air, 31 fire, rest racial. Evo + Enchant. In epics grab energy burst and mass hold beforehand, insta delete most packs of mobs.

C-Dog
09-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Remember too that you can spec your Enhancements one way for early heroics, then respec for later and then again for Epic. As far as the coin goes, by then you'll have lots, and you'll have had time to find the few diff gear items for the change ahead.