PDA

View Full Version : DDO shedding players left and right

maximus123123123
09-01-2017, 07:22 PM
I know at least three players who left the game due to recent changes that nullified their build.
Why would this be?
They spent countless hours farming TOEE, slavers, collectables for crafting, Legendary Shroud, among other things only to have their specific specialty completely nullified in one update.
There seems to be a complete lack of respect on the part of the devs for time spent building toons, especially the countless hours grinding for gear and materials.
They see a lot of people playing a certain build and instead of asking "is it overpowered," they simply destroy it because they deem it an exploit.
But whether or not it is working as intended misses the point. If it is fun and not overpowered, then perhaps it ought to be allowed instead of destroying builds people had spent years on.

Horani
09-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Which build would that be?

Enoach
09-01-2017, 07:59 PM
...they simply destroy it because they deem it an exploit.
But whether or not it is working as intended misses the point. If it is fun and not overpowered, then perhaps it ought to be allowed instead of destroying builds people had spent years on.

I think you keyed in on the why part. In any game if you use a feature that is working in a way that development didn't intend for it to work it should never be measured in an "If" but a "when" mentality.

I'm sorry your friends left because the feature(s) they liked don't work any more, but that is not a reason to never fix it.

Keep in mind others have left the game because of these features that are not working as intended as it was robbing them of their fun.

C-Dog
09-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Why would this be?
Just as a guess... maybe because those players thought it was their lifelong right to abuse a ploy, and counted on being able to abuse that indefinitely? So when that ploy was (quite predictably) shut down, they got all huffy and indignant.

I'm only guessing tho'. People rage/quit for the darndest reasons, so I really can't say for sure.