PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone quests which would be cool "Epified" and/or "Reapified"

Lagin
09-01-2017, 09:42 AM
We've seen many threads and posts about content we'd like to see "Epified".

I have given this some thought since SSG took over, and the focus is new content HOORAH, But I feel we could squeeze a few stand alone quests to sweeten "end-game"

Here's my short list, and a QUICK reason why I put it on the list. (in no logical order)

1) Raiding the Giants Vault Level 19, Isle of Forgotten Dreams, Solo only. One of the most overlooked quests in the game. I use it for favor/monster manual & quick XP to cap a TR. The traps (no rogue skills needed) have an insane DC, and must be disabled. Even w/ a 1st life toon this quest is easy and fun. Give it the "treatment" and we have another decent quest. Of course the loot needs some attention also.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Raiding_the_Giants%27_Vault

2) The Faithful Departed, Level 8, House P. Has a built-in mechanic I like, Don't kill 3 of 4 Venerated Monsters. The mini explorer area "The Shrouded Vale" is ripe for developing also.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Faithful_Departed

3) Acid Wit, Level 15, The Twelve, This would one huge beatdown of a quest. Earth Ellies can be tough at level so anything above what they have now would be tough to manage. And yes the loot needs (what loot?)
http://ddowiki.com/page/Acid_Wit

The short list. 2 are F2P Giants Vault is an Dreaming Dark Pack quest.

Lagin
09-01-2017, 03:29 PM
I cant believe the forumites haven't chimed in on this.

Must everybody is still reading and posting about TR/PL/apply to account. Like thats going happen. :rolleyes:

Steve_Howe
09-01-2017, 03:29 PM
'nuf said.

Nonesuch2008
09-01-2017, 06:38 PM
I like Raiding the Giants Vault, and while I agree that this type of quest is counter to the idea of promoting grouping, it also offers an alternative form of gameplay that can be a welcome change of pace to the normal flag-flag-flag-finale questing routine. A beefed up version would be a lot of fun.

I'm not original in this thought, but if there's a quest out there with the scale & variation to be epified, it has to be Stormcleave Outpost. Sign me up for that!

Aelonwy
09-01-2017, 08:49 PM
I loathe The Pit, with a deep vitriolic bitterness that only a first life cleric with a terrible reflex save and worse jump can imagine. :p

That aside, some of my favorite quests that I would love to run in epics/legendary are Stormcleave Outpost, Redwillow's Ruins, Irestone Inlet... basically I prefer the outdoors quests. I really enjoy Storm the Beaches in heroic but the epic version is very corrupt-a-wish for me.

Annex
09-01-2017, 09:46 PM
In my opinion, the only 'Epic' quests in the entire game were released with Menace of the Underdark and involved traversing the Demonweb to confront Lloth. I am tired of low level Heroic quests masquerading as 'Epic' adventures. There is nothing 'Epic' about an ooze or a giant rat or a hobgoblin.

I want to receive a summons from the Herald of the Sovereign Host, asking me to appear before that august body. I want Onatar himself to request my aide infiltrating an Extraplanar Prison of the Keeper in order to free every last one of his slaves. Then I want Onatar to task me with binding his son in Eternal Chains forged by Aureon.

I want Arawai to request my presence, then explain to me how The Mockery tricked one of her handmaidens into stealing The Horn of Plenty. Without this artifact to keep back the burning flames of Fernia, a raging sandstorm will consume all of Eberron, turning the entire world into a lifeless desert. I want her to task me with tricking The Mockery out of the Horn and redeeming her handmaiden.

I want The Twelve to reveal that a asteroid full of horrific, giant monsters is hurtling toward Eberron. I must foray into the lowest plane of the Abyss to recover a wrecked Astral Ship built by the Devas to make war upon the Devils, then sail it into the great darkness above the world, land upon the asteroid, fight the monsters, and divert it to plunge into the sun.

I want to visit the realm of The Traveler to participate in his annual Games of Fate where Gods and Demi-Gods compete for fun and prestige. If I can overcome his trials he offers me some great boon, perhaps related to another adventure.

Goodness gracious, people. We are playing Eternal Champions, ultimate aspects of Victory over the forces of Evil, and you want to fight 'Epic' oozes and has-been giants? I am ready for _real_ Epic Adventures. *huge sigh* You people are so disappointing sometimes.

Horani
09-02-2017, 12:18 AM
In my opinion, the only 'Epic' quests in the entire game were released with Menace of the Underdark and involved traversing the Demonweb to confront Lloth. I am tired of low level Heroic quests masquerading as 'Epic' adventures. There is nothing 'Epic' about an ooze or a giant rat or a hobgoblin.

Hear, hear.