PDA

View Full Version : 80s calling - they want their spandex back (Visable Equipment)

LightBear
09-01-2017, 05:46 AM
Could we get a bit more visuals on what we're wearing.
Right now it feels to much like a tight spandex.

What about a coat, scarfs, visuals for boots and gloves?

The cloaks have been requested a gazilion times by now, I'm sure or not?

cpw_acc
09-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Perfectly reasonable request, but I have a strong feeling that DDO's graphics engine just isn't capable of those kinds of changes (effectively amending the underlying character model or adding additional models as 'overlays' that convincingly move with the model without the char model 'poking through' and ruining the illusion).

Hence armour etc is, at the moment, done with 'skinning' (which can allow for a certain amount of 3d-texture effects, but not to a great extent).

To update the graphics engine to allow for this kind of thing would probably require such an overhaul that you may as well make it DDO2.0.

cdbd3rd
09-01-2017, 01:39 PM

The cloaks have been requested a gazilion times by now, I'm sure or not?

I remember the issues with cloaks were explained years ago, and to paraphrase some of it there was a lot of issue dealing with clipping and programming the 'cloak waving' action.

My personal opinion is that if they had to reduce weapon particle effects in the War On Lag™, then waving cloaks would be just as bad. :(

Nonesuch2008
09-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Could we get a bit more visuals on what we're wearing.
Right now it feels to much like a tight spandex.

Sophie (& her dagger) might have something to say about you disparaging spandex.

Where is Annex when we need him?

Horani
09-02-2017, 12:20 AM
DDO2.0.

I'd play that asap.

LightBear
09-11-2017, 05:35 PM
I remember the issues with cloaks were explained years ago, and to paraphrase some of it there was a lot of issue dealing with clipping and programming the 'cloak waving' action.

My personal opinion is that if they had to reduce weapon particle effects in the War On Lag™, then waving cloaks would be just as bad. :(

Yeah, and I give ya a monk in robes.
That's me saying if they can pull off the flipperyfloppery trick for robes than it shouldn't be that much harder for something like a coat, because a coat is basically just a robe without the front half.
Also plenty of mobs with coats and they have all kinds of animations stuck to them.

I'm not asking for a new slot btw, and even tho this example looks like you're sticking your head out the birth canal... plz more of that!

http://ddowiki.com/images/Enlightened_Robes_shown.jpg