PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn suggestions - make it cool

crazycaren
08-30-2017, 11:53 AM
I thought making a Dragonborn character would be fun, cool flavor instead of going back to human. What a mistake! Sure it looks good in character gen but following it around the harbor is incredibly annoying!

What new player would stay with a game if they try this lame-ass sahuagin?

Suggestions:
1. Feet - this isn't a gecko or sahuagin, it's a dragon. Lose the flippers. Claws and balancing on the metatarsals is fine. Just not so big.
2. Running - she practically goes as far from side to side as forward. Doesn't seem very dragon like to waddle. But they are not really known for their running. How about Dragonborns get to float above the ground like the Celestial Spirit enhancement from warlock? There's got to be some trade-off for having lost wings.
3. Dreadlocks turned into a hunch-back hump under her armor except for one little piece that sticks out at the bottom. How hard is it to set an object to always be on top? This is an ongoing problem for long hair on various races, but why repeat the same mistake?
4. Black skin in character gen turns into purple in the harbor. It should be black.

Other people have already discussed what's needed to make Dragonbreath more functional and the head-butt slow animation for stunning so I won't repeat those suggestions.

Please help make Dragonborn's cool! Nobody asked for sahaugin as a player race.

thanks

Dark_Messiah
09-03-2017, 07:32 AM
I thought making a Dragonborn character would be fun, cool flavor instead of going back to human. What a mistake! Sure it looks good in character gen but following it around the harbor is incredibly annoying!

What new player would stay with a game if they try this lame-ass sahuagin?

Suggestions:
1. Feet - this isn't a gecko or sahuagin, it's a dragon. Lose the flippers. Claws and balancing on the metatarsals is fine. Just not so big.
2. Running - she practically goes as far from side to side as forward. Doesn't seem very dragon like to waddle. But they are not really known for their running. How about Dragonborns get to float above the ground like the Celestial Spirit enhancement from warlock? There's got to be some trade-off for having lost wings.
3. Dreadlocks turned into a hunch-back hump under her armor except for one little piece that sticks out at the bottom. How hard is it to set an object to always be on top? This is an ongoing problem for long hair on various races, but why repeat the same mistake?
4. Black skin in character gen turns into purple in the harbor. It should be black.

Other people have already discussed what's needed to make Dragonbreath more functional and the head-butt slow animation for stunning so I won't repeat those suggestions.

Please help make Dragonborn's cool! Nobody asked for sahaugin as a player race.

thanks

1, i think it only looks like that due to the low poly count of the model, it isn't actually webbed judging from the textures
2, i see no problems with the running animation and please no flying without reason, it would look weird rather than cool
4, black skin for my dragonborn is still black in the harbor, i think you have accidentally set the color indicator closer to the purple side, try placing it in the lower right corner of the black area

cru121
09-03-2017, 07:36 AM
also... most importantly... boobs.