PDA

View Full Version : Where do all those Adventurer's Backpacks come from?

Jeoffree
08-28-2017, 02:09 PM
If you ever wondered where all of those adventurer's backpacks come from... Jeoffree left one in the Ruined halls west side.

[center]http://i.imgur.com/UbvWWlO.jpg

He left some really nice collectibles in there.

Wonedream
08-28-2017, 02:18 PM
The world is shrinking... everything is shrinking, so we don't know it is shrinking.

But something went wrong with the packbacks, they aren't shrinking like everything else...

And thus the once upon a time human sized backpack left behind by foolish adventurers who got themself mangled and eating... is now appearing too large for a human... but still contains a single collectible in it because the monsters didn't understand the value of that item when they ramaged through the pack..

:P

ComicRelief
08-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Did you really think you were the first choice of the {House C, House D, House J, House K, House P, Coin Lords, Free Agents, Agents of Argonnessen, Gatekeepers, Harpers, Purple Dragon Knights, Silver Flame, Twelve, and/or Yugoloth} quest giver? Nay - many, many, many stu...er, um, that is, brave souls went before you...and obviously failed.
;)

Tlorrd
08-28-2017, 03:00 PM
everytime someone quits the game ... one is left behind in tribute.

Spadedragon
08-28-2017, 05:27 PM
When someone dies they leave a backpack with many collectibles. Then the monsters take all but one of the collectibles out to use the backpack as bait.

Tyrande
08-28-2017, 05:41 PM
When someone dies they leave a backpack with many collectibles. Then the monsters take all but one of the collectibles out to use the backpack as bait.

Those backpacks may contain portable holes in them which can hold larger than normal things.

I would like to think those monsters who setup the backpack as baits are intelligent monsters, not Oozes, spiders, bats or rats.

Hutoth
08-28-2017, 05:43 PM
These are mostly sacking and paraphernalia from Cannith's barrel re-installers.

MacRighteous
08-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Before the Adventurers Union standardized adventuring gear there was lots of shoddy and defective gear in the field, some of which cost poor unsuspecting adventures their lives due to underperformance - like holes in packs where all the useful gear fell out, leaving the adventure with a sack full of rusty gills and the like - things which rarely has the same utility as torches, rope, spikes, etc.

So next time you are at the market buying gear - ask for that union label - better red than dead.

/Mac

Jeoffree
08-28-2017, 07:46 PM
I thought it was funny that I was bleeding out, and eventually died, wearing a robe with a backpack right on top of an adventurer's pack. lol

MacRighteous
08-28-2017, 07:54 PM
LOL - I didn't realize that was your character dead on a backpack... doh.

I thought that was that acolyte in LoD who dies before the entrance where Gonnad (or what ever his name is) was "taken."

Now that I understand the image... (actually helps a lot to look at it more than a brief sec) I can only say this:

Another shoddy gear related death.
Seriously folks, ask for that union label.

/Mac

Wonedream
08-28-2017, 08:03 PM
I was wrong... :(... they actually come from...

the Plane of Backpacks!!!!

New Cleric Domain

Backpack Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to the ingredients you gain from left over backpacks. This increases by +1 at 6th, 12th, and 18th level Cleric.

Your light spells now channel the power of backpack instead of light damage. Backpack damage can not be reduced accept by wearing backpacks to counter with.

When you use Turn Undead your backpack grows x2 in size for 20 seconds!

Level 5: You gain summon Backpack as an SLA

Level 9: You gain I put you in my backpack as an SLA (monsters must make Reflex save then Fortitude Save or be placed in your backpack, disappearing into some random collectible or two)

Level 14: You gain Backpack Ball as an SLA (you fire a backpack from your finger tips, it flies at target, exploding into a bunch of back packs, monsters must make reflex save or get a backpack covering their head and run around looking stupid while you laugh at them)

AzB
08-28-2017, 08:07 PM
If you ever wondered where all of those adventurer's backpacks come from... Jeoffree left one in the Ruined halls west side.

[center]http://i.imgur.com/UbvWWlO.jpg

He left some really nice collectibles in there.

I recognize the inside of that backpack.

C-Dog
08-28-2017, 08:59 PM
Back in an early version of the game, all inventory backpacks had a bug where the straps would break and you'd have to relog to get your gear back on your back. This was fixed in the following update and a recall was issued - for a long time there was an NPC in the Marketplace calling out "New backpacks for old, new backpacks for old!..."

Most players took advantage of this, but many didn't. Those are the backpacks you're seeing.

Seriously folks, ask for that union label.
Well, it was rumoured that it was the Kobold Union that was guilty of the glitch in the first place. Large part of the animosity between them and Stormreach, apparently.

FAQ
08-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Hum. I always thought they spawed when a ladder bugged out. That's why ther're everywhere.

C-Dog
08-28-2017, 09:09 PM
The ladder sabotage has been part of a "non violent" activism campaign on the part of the Gnomes.

Now that they are included in the game as Player Characters, we have fewer ladder problems, but some fanatics still fight even tho' the goal was won.

Spadedragon
08-28-2017, 10:23 PM
We use to see a lot of dead adventurers with fanny packs instead of backpacks but they quickly went out of style.

Jeoffree
08-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Let me know what you get out of my backpack. It is lying in the east hall of the Chamber of Insanity in House K. I went back for it and all I got was a Withered Cryptmoss.

Saekee
08-29-2017, 12:21 PM
the collectable therein is the calling card of the assassin that took out his or her mark.
The body decomposes faster so often the marked victim is gone but the calling card remains. All good for assassin feardom.

The cryptmoss card was used by a dark-haired female assassin named Cari Darkweather who delighted in stalking her targets for exactly 11 hours before 'finishing' her assignment. I shudder each time I find them, recalling her skills.

Nyata
08-29-2017, 01:06 PM
I was wrong... :(... they actually come from...

the Plane of Backpacks!!!!

New Cleric Domain

Backpack Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to the ingredients you gain from left over backpacks. This increases by +1 at 6th, 12th, and 18th level Cleric.

Your light spells now channel the power of backpack instead of light damage. Backpack damage can not be reduced accept by wearing backpacks to counter with.

When you use Turn Undead your backpack grows x2 in size for 20 seconds!

Level 5: You gain summon Backpack as an SLA

Level 9: You gain I put you in my backpack as an SLA (monsters must make Reflex save then Fortitude Save or be placed in your backpack, disappearing into some random collectible or two)

Level 14: You gain Backpack Ball as an SLA (you fire a backpack from your finger tips, it flies at target, exploding into a bunch of back packs, monsters must make reflex save or get a backpack covering their head and run around looking stupid while you laugh at them)

I would totally buy another character slot to create a farming character with that domain for collectables. if they added a bookshelf domain, I would buy another.

acemonkey
08-29-2017, 01:27 PM
I dunno why he dropped it but I'm trying to catch up to him to give him his ember back. He must still be in here, it was still smoldering when I found it.

Wonedream
08-29-2017, 01:31 PM
I would totally buy another character slot to create a farming character with that domain for collectables. if they added a bookshelf domain, I would buy another.

The Bookshelf domain is right next to the Backpack domain naturally, just like the Elemental Plane of Fire is next to both Air and Earth but opposite of water.

The others are, Rubble Domain and the Domain of Broken Boxes, which is off course opposite of the domain of Backpack.

Razor_Wit
08-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Aren't there numerous people missing gear from Reincarnation bugs....

Nyata
08-29-2017, 02:27 PM

and yet strangely there also seems numerous people having fun at the same time. don't get me wrong, I feel for people loosing their stuff and I'd be upset too. but this thread is not about that.

Razor_Wit
08-29-2017, 02:50 PM
and yet strangely there also seems numerous people having fun at the same time. don't get me wrong, I feel for people loosing their stuff and I'd be upset too. but this thread is not about that.

Lol you took me seriously? It's tongue-in-cheek, honey.

Tyrande
08-29-2017, 03:24 PM

If that is true, we should be able to see BtC raid gear, Legendary Green Steel ingredients, Legendary Slave Lords ingredients in there in additional to collectible bags. :confused:

Fedora1
08-29-2017, 04:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but if that is indeed a pic of you with a man bun I am going to guess that is why you were targeted. Even the undead know man buns went out of style a long time ago. ;)

Jeoffree
08-29-2017, 04:31 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but if that is indeed a pic of you with a man bun I am going to guess that is why you were targeted. Even the undead know man buns went out of style a long time ago. ;)

that is no manbun, that is my fiery crown but it does kinda look like a man bun from this angle.

Fedora1
08-29-2017, 04:38 PM
that is no manbun, that is my fiery crown but it does kinda look like a man bun from this angle.

Ah okay. lol