PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of "Dungeon Alert"

maximus123123123
08-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Get rid of Dungeon Alert.
This is one of the more stupid ideas that should have never been introduced into the game.
It serves no purpose other than being a constant irritant and is one of those things that adds up to make the game less enjoyable.

SirValentine
08-23-2017, 04:59 AM
Supposedly it "reduces lag". Like lots of other negative changes over the years.

Hilltrot
08-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Get rid of Dungeon Alert.
This is one of the more stupid ideas that should have never been introduced into the game.
It serves no purpose other than being a constant irritant and is one of those things that adds up to make the game less enjoyable.

Dungeon alert is awesome. Don't get rid of it.

Horani
08-24-2017, 09:02 PM
Dungeon alert is awesome. Don't get rid of it.

Agreed!

Keladon
08-25-2017, 02:44 AM
I get why it's there but the way aggro currently works really broke the entire Dungeon alert system.

If either of those things gets fixed then I don't mind keeping it, but in the current state of the game: please get rid of it.

Right now it just behaves random and feels more like a bug then a feature.

Arch-Necromancer
08-28-2017, 05:41 AM
I agree. Making such mechanism to combat lag was a bad idea.

At least the thresholds for alerts need to be doubled so it doesn't cause such an impact on the game.

BuyerSeller
09-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Well, the way it works now makes no sense. You attack a group and then it somehow alerts the entire dungeon? Do they have cell phones or what is going on? I look around and I never see any camera's on the walls either. I can understand in some quest where you shoot a kobald in the head and his first response is not "oh **** I have an arrow in my head" but I need to run to this drum and sound the alert! At least that makes a little more sense.

madmaxhunter
09-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Agreed, nothing makes me angrier than being in a scripted fight, only to have DA go red for no reason. It's a SCRIPTED FIGHT! Also those (though a good idea in principle) stupid random walls in Devil's Battlefield. Creeping along killing everything and red DA? If it's broken, remove it until fixed.

Chacka_DDO
09-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Agreed, nothing makes me angrier than being in a scripted fight, only to have DA go red for no reason. It's a SCRIPTED FIGHT! Also those (though a good idea in principle) stupid random walls in Devil's Battlefield. Creeping along killing everything and red DA? If it's broken, remove it until fixed.

Yes, even if we need The Dungeon Alert system, to not allow players to just run through a quest without fighting. In many quests, the designer of the quest seems to not have tested their own scripted fights. The Dungeon alert should never be there if you play a quest the WAI!
At least this is, for what this system is there as far as I know.
The system is not that much broken that you should turn it off.
But I expect the Developers to change old quests where DA red occur with no reason. And I expect of course that DA does not happen for no reason if they design new quests.

Of course, I don't know how DA works exactly, but I assume that it just needs to have a certain number of Monsters trying to attack a player character in a quest, and every monster counts as one.
E.g., Normally you don't want to allow a player to have more than 10 Monsters behind him, and not able to get him (without the DA system). If he gets 10 you have DA green on 15 it turns yellow and on 20 it turns normally red.
But then you have a script in this quest and you want to have at this point 20 Monsters activating at the same time. At this point, DA should not occur because the DA system is only there if a players do something wrong!
This is just my crude understanding of the DA system and why it is not always working

possible changes:

So in scripted fights its maybe need to have the possibility to count each monster which is part of a script lower than one. So for example, if you have 20 Monsters activating at once, every monster counts only as 1/20 so you don't see any DA if you only activate this script.
This way you could also count some monsters, like mini bosses higher than one so you could have DA earlier if you want.

It is also possible to only count monsters for DA if a player is not close enough to them.
This way a player could fight against 20 monsters at once without getting a DA but he could not run away from 20 monsters without seeing DA red.

Or monsters only produce DA if they forced to leave their normal acting range. With basically the same result, you can fight against an unlimited number of monsters within their normal acting range. But you can only run away from a limited number of monsters without having DA

Or Dungeon alert does nothing harmful at all to a player. The only thing it does is the quest fails completely if you finish a quest while DA red is active. No expirience, no end chest, no favor. And in addition, every chest in a quest is locked while DA red is active and you can not get collectables.