PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn Graphic Improvements Needed

Kurgen
08-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Dragonborn are great and I am very happy we have another race to play in DDO.

I cannot however play one.

The problem is, every time I roll one I am put off by the graphics, art, animation issues:

1. Females and males look exactly the same. This is my biggest hangup. If I make a female, she should look like a female!
There is a database of official Dungeons and Dragons artwork from 3.5/5.0 Dungeons for Dragonborn females. Currently the
way it is implemented in DDO the female looks exactly like a male, even some equipped items display the male version.
Can we please fix this so a female Dragonborn actually looks like a woman Dragonborn?

2. They run in a lurch and stomp around like a Frankenstein, and as they turn, perspective shifts different than other races;
it seems like you're moving very slow. I'm not sure if but it feels like when I'm on a Dragonborn I move slower, run slower, cast slower,
could be my perception, but I don't think so, something is going on.

3. There is a noticeable delay using the breath-weapon, even if it is quickened.

4. Certain cosmetic items do not show up on Dragonborn at all, others are hard to see. Hoods would be nice to be able to use for example.

Amundir
08-21-2017, 12:45 PM
There is a database of official Dungeons and Dragons artwork from 3.5/5.0 Dungeons for Dragonborn females.

Where be this DB?

Cantor
08-21-2017, 01:44 PM
2. I'm not sure if but it feels like when I'm on a Dragonborn I move slower, run slower, cast slower,
could be my perception, but I don't think so, something is going on.

This is purely perception, they are warforged size. Since they are so large you feel like you are moving slow, same thing a WF.