PDA

View Full Version : Characters vs Accounts - Guilds and Friends

Xanom
08-21-2017, 07:52 AM
It strikes me as odd that "friend lists" and guild memberships are bound to character, not account. The game already acknowledges that accounts exist (bound to account items, shared banks), and for the most part if I friend or become a guild member with one character I'd like that to propagate to all characters.

This might require a little extra work, for example:
* it would be useful to track which character/s were involved in accepting a friend request
* mechanism to designate a "primary" character with which to identify the account

but for the most part, I see characters as avatars of the player, not independent identities.

(The "Guild Wars" series unifies characters and accounts when dealing with "social" mechanics, and I much prefer that mechanism that treating each character on the account as somehow isolated)

Uska
08-21-2017, 10:47 AM
I like it this way I like having some of my characters hidden from friends

FranOhmsford
08-21-2017, 05:19 PM
I like it this way I like having some of my characters hidden from friends

That could easily be accomplished by allowing players to opt in/out of showing all characters on guild/friends lists.

Or by allowing players to designate specific alts or all alts as Anon - We already have an Anon system after all.

JOTMON
08-21-2017, 06:34 PM
would be nice to see account name associated.

cave_diver
08-21-2017, 06:53 PM
When I squech the odd player I would like to see his whole account squelched.

JOTMON
08-21-2017, 11:59 PM
When I squech the odd player I would like to see his whole account squelched.

Absolutely.
it is asinine that squelching a player does not squelch their entire account..

Uska
08-22-2017, 12:53 AM
That could easily be accomplished by allowing players to opt in/out of showing all characters on guild/friends lists.

Or by allowing players to designate specific alts or all alts as Anon - We already have an Anon system after all.

Easier to do nothing and leave as is