PDA

View Full Version : Ravenloft Wish List

ArcticFalcon2050
08-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Vampire as a playable race

PsychoBlonde
08-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Vampire is not a "race". It is an undead archetype that can be applied to any humanoid creature.

Vampires are also a tiny, tiny portion of Ravenloft.

Stuff I'd like to see:

Crimson Death Mist as a new creature type.
Were-Bats
Wereravens
Werebears
Wererats
A giant gargoyle boss kind of like the Abishai Devastator but, you know, gargoyle.
A zone effect where you can be afflicted with lycanthropy
Everything isn't dark and monochrome

Arch-Necromancer
08-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Vampire is not a "race". It is an undead archetype that can be applied to any humanoid creature.

Vampires are also a tiny, tiny portion of Ravenloft.

Stuff I'd like to see:

Were-Bats
Wereravens
Werebears
Wererats
A giant gargoyle boss kind of like the Abishai Devastator but, you know, gargoyle.
A zone effect where you can be afflicted with lycanthropy
Everything isn't dark and monochrome

And you CAN be a vampire by having 6 wizard levels and by taking Vampire shroud in the Pale Master tree.

Perhaps a new tree like Harper Agent, Vampire Lord could be created with the same ability (like Shadowdancer can have wraith form). Or maybe Vampyre tree, you get vampire shroud benefits, but without undead traits.

I have just seen a D&D monster manual for Ravenloft that someone posted on another thread and saw dwarf, elf, halfling and gnome vampires there. It would be nice to see vampires of different races, not just human ones, just like we have dwarf and elf zombies.

Bone Golems would be nice too.

i also saw Goblyns. So maybe this could be a chance to introduce Goblins in game (don't know what the difference between goblin and goblyn is though).

Fenix93
08-21-2017, 05:31 PM
There are many things that Ravenloft does not yet know, That's what I would like them to do with this expansion,I carry here the post that I wrote about Lamannia.

Update 37 and of course the new Ravenloft expansion,So far we know that with Ravenloft there is an introduction of sentient weapons, and a new raid that and the Castle RavenloftNot to mention that the new quest will be both epic and legendary.

But what could we expect from this iconic setting ... that like the Forgotten Realms offers infinity of adventures and various types of enemies.

The story of Ravenloft is very interesting, and reading here and I made a clear picture of what Ravenloft is.What I expect and a true Gothic-horror setting, full of suspense and fears of pure terror, this means that quests have to be set in such a way that they are faced with a group (always trying to balance the Difficult and Easy, but without distorting the true essence of Ravenloft).I also expect a return of various DDO characters in these neglected and corrupt settings from Ravenloft's obscure energy
Characters like Arraetrikos,Or other iconic bosses of Eberron and Forgotten
indeed...
"Magic Ravenloft mists can appear anywhere in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, dragging the wicked (or playing characters) into Ravenloft's" wikipedia.

In addition to these things I expect several new mechanics that in the basic version of Ravenloft are present:

More salvation shots: Fear, Horror and Madness

New Wilds

New Ui and LFG system

New cosmetic system

New Hearling system

Responding to your request to add vampires as breed for expansion, I do not think I agree, I find it more like a state a curse, if I do not remember badly there was something in the player's 3.5 handbook where He explained something about vampires and mannar wolves, but I'm sure he did not consider them as races.More I can not say why, as I have already said, I do not remember the player's manual, so I can not give a deeper explanation.

But your request and the other confirm that I am doing the DDO community, that part of palyerbase that I think plays without having a true and prophetic knowledge of the paper Dedication, proposing, in fact, most bizarre and somewhat ridiculous requests, As the cobolds want as a playable breed just because on Ebberon there are a lot of cobblestones, and as if I said that I would wear pink because everyone dressed in pink, and the same thing.

In fact when they added the Dragonborn with the update 35 I was very happy because they added a breed that in Ded exists as the breed of the basic player manual.

To know a little Ded does not need to buy the manuals I download from the internet, just a little document around Wikypedia or other sites that talk about Ded, and a bit of culture you do, but do not propose absurd things that put out the way Developers, if not the DDO's Fanboys the real ones who say they know about the paper Ded would be irritated.

Going back to the theme .. I would add a curiosity, which many have so far not passed on to her head.

Expanding and Ravenloft ok but ... how do we get there?

Now everyone will tell me but not Fenix and soon to talk about these things, but we do not care, blah blah blah.

Yet no one wondered how we could enter this new universe?

On Wikipedia, it says that dark ravenloft energies attract evil characters and sometimes players, this is something I see somewhat strange and a bit difficult to program, yet ... maybe many have not noticed but ... I think That with update 36 in the last quest "Desire in the Dark" there is something that refers to Ravenloft.The final boss might be the cause then take us to ravenloft?

https://youtu.be/KXhV7Ft9pZE

An enemy that we will encounter again in this universe? Or we will never see it again, it is, in fact, that this is very strange, I have reviewed the video above and for me, it seems all very curious and intriguing.

At first I believed that the SSG could create a kind of Loe style Chane, which at the end of the complete (about 3-4 quests) we would have gone somewhere in Ravenloft, the most logical rispsota could be through the Demonwebs ... but It may also be that as I mentioned above, we could be dragged by these dark energies and transported against our will in ravenloft.

But this and only a realm / idea are free to say what you think without making too hard or stupid comments.

Jasparion
08-21-2017, 05:37 PM
I just want fun dungeons and raids with repeatability based on enjoyment, XP, and loot.

MacRighteous
08-21-2017, 07:45 PM
I hope they make a "tomb-of-horror-ish" type quest, either in Ravenloft or another update, that is so difficult and dangerous, and full of deadly traps and devious tricks, that triggering them *PERMAKILLS characters that are foolish enough to venture into said dungeon without proper wards, protections and information (like disarm instructions, answers to riddles, pieces of maps or routes. ceremony and ritual concerns, etc.). Items or information which can only be achieved by collecting (and correctly deciphering) puzzles, riddles and clues that may hint to locations of artifacts and quest items that have been secretly/randomly spread/uncovered/unearthed throughout all existing quests (of all level ranges) in Kyber/FR/Ravenloft, with absolutely NO official "developer or game" documentation or explanation of what they are /what they do /what they mean /are they authentic? /am I interpreting this correctly?/and so on....

Make the "clue back story" incredibly convoluted and ridiculously hard to piece together, full of red herrings, dead ends and wild goose chases, with multiple possible interpretations or parts that fit together (but are completely wrong) that it might take "years" of player research and attempts just to get to "boss at the end" - which should be a secert baddie (but we all know its a Lich - or is it?) that is impossible to beat - UNLESS - yes, even moar wards and protections that may weaken, disarm or dispell some of the INSTA-PERMA-KILL SPELLS thrown by the baddie.... but also make the dungeon possible to beat (after much cooperative player/user collaboration, community interaction and plain old trial and error) IF things are done in the "proper" way - in the "proper" order - at the "proper" time.... by the "proper person" - and so on.
This way, the forums would again be full of posts about deciphering the clues - user made maps and charts - theories - solutions - what people have tried - what worked - what doesn't - how far did you get? - etc, instead of this usual /forum mini-meta-game-bs AND ALSO when people say the game is too easy, I can be like: "Really? So - figured out the tombs, have you? No? STHU!"

OOORRRRR.... this:

Jasparion:I just want fun dungeons and raids with repeatability based on enjoyment, XP, and loot.

*PERMADEATH: ok -maybe a little harsh, but at least failure puts characters in a timer or status for a week or so, where they can not be logged into - make failure hurt. make players scared to enter the TOMB of HORRORS - but do it in a way that makes it intriguing and irresistible - a proving ground of brag-worthy e-peening achievement - possibly even /endgame.
/Mac

Fenix93
08-22-2017, 03:08 AM
I hope they make a "tomb-of-horror-ish" type quest, either in Ravenloft or another update, that is so difficult and dangerous, and full of deadly traps and devious tricks, that triggering them *PERMAKILLS characters that are foolish enough to venture into said dungeon without proper wards, protections and information (like disarm instructions, answers to riddles, pieces of maps or routes. ceremony and ritual concerns, etc.). Items or information which can only be achieved by collecting (and correctly deciphering) puzzles, riddles and clues that may hint to locations of artifacts and quest items that have been secretly/randomly spread/uncovered/unearthed throughout all existing quests (of all level ranges) in Kyber/FR/Ravenloft, with absolutely NO official "developer or game" documentation or explanation of what they are /what they do /what they mean /are they authentic? /am I interpreting this correctly?/and so on....

Make the "clue back story" incredibly convoluted and ridiculously hard to piece together, full of red herrings, dead ends and wild goose chases, with multiple possible interpretations or parts that fit together (but are completely wrong) that it might take "years" of player research and attempts just to get to "boss at the end" - which should be a secert baddie (but we all know its a Lich - or is it?) that is impossible to beat - UNLESS - yes, even moar wards and protections that may weaken, disarm or dispell some of the INSTA-PERMA-KILL SPELLS thrown by the baddie.... but also make the dungeon possible to beat (after much cooperative player/user collaboration, community interaction and plain old trial and error) IF things are done in the "proper" way - in the "proper" order - at the "proper" time.... by the "proper person" - and so on.
This way, the forums would again be full of posts about deciphering the clues - user made maps and charts - theories - solutions - what people have tried - what worked - what doesn't - how far did you get? - etc, instead of this usual /forum mini-meta-game-bs AND ALSO when people say the game is too easy, I can be like: "Really? So - figured out the tombs, have you? No? STHU!"

OOORRRRR.... this:

*PERMADEATH: ok -maybe a little harsh, but at least failure puts characters in a timer or status for a week or so, where they can not be logged into - make failure hurt. make players scared to enter the TOMB of HORRORS - but do it in a way that makes it intriguing and irresistible - a proving ground of brag-worthy e-peening achievement - possibly even /endgame.
/Mac

The labyrinth of horrors is not the only interesting Ravenloft module, as I believe there are several of them that can use, there are some who would be interested if they implemented it,Here are some examples:

http://www.brettschulte.net/BrettsBooks/images/RAVShipOfHorror.jpghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/517bxa7C3iL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BKZFKXCuL.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Roots_of_Evil_%28D%26D_module%29.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yXsAAOSwdzVXwYAD/s-l300.jpghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41qOLIm3CfL.jpg

The_Human_Cypher
08-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Stuff I'd like to see:

Were-Bats
Wereravens
Werebears
Wererats

I have recommended wererats as a new monster a number of times on the forums. Ravenloft would be a good opportunity to introduce them to DDO.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4efiUvv5Lx8/T_aEjCjsxYI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/QAMnP0_BE_g/s1600/Wererat.jpg

The_Human_Cypher
08-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Stuff I'd like to see:

A zone effect where you can be afflicted with lycanthropy.

This is a great idea, but how would it be implemented? Would the player's character randomly become a mob that can attack other players in this area? Would everyone in the party be affected?

Lokeal_The_Flame
11-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Vampire as a playable race

Vampire is a Template that can be added to a character race..... ask for templates if you want vampires... I made a post about templates if such interests you!

Nutcruncher
11-15-2017, 04:30 PM
I would like to be able to buy ravenloft, or at least pre-order it, without having to jump through hoops. The amount of information your are asked to suppply is ridiculous when you are already logged in to your account. You already have my passord, username, email address, card details, ad nauseum ad infinitum. Why then do you require it again? Why is it not available in the DDO store? A little bit of effort on your part would save us all a lot of time. I have no problem parting with my hard earned cash but I strongly object to this waste of my very valuable leisure time because some insufficiently insulted individual is incapable of joined up thinking. However, I do not threaten to not purchase it, I do like you product very much. Rant over!.